St Gallan agree fee for Kamberi

Homelander

FC St Gallen have agreed a fee with Hibs to sign forward Florian Kamberi, @SkySportsNews has been told.

Rangers have been monitoring his situation.

Kamberi, who has a year left on his Hibs contract, is in Switzerland - where he spent the duration of lockdown.

FC St Gallen have agreed a fee with Hibs to sign forward Florian Kamberi, @SkySportsNews has been told.

Rangers have been monitoring his situation.

Kamberi, who has a year left on his Hibs contract, is in Switzerland - where he spent the duration of lockdown.

Same club Cedric Itten plays for, who was mysteriously left out of their squad tonight.

Have we ever signed a player from the Swiss league before?

Not one I can remember happening.

Best of luck to him, I hope this stops any discussion of him possibly coming to us. I don't have anything against the guy I just think we need someone better.

It's not about getting a third choice striker in and it never was in my opinion, we need someone to challenge Morelos for that starting place and Defoe should be 3rd choice now.

Aw naw ! If he signs for St Gallen, will there be no threads about us signing him?
I'd have taken to be our 4th/5th striker, BTW!

As above, if we wanted him we would’ve signed him weeks ago.

Good luck to him, and you never know - he might end up back one day!

Never understood those posts. I can’t recall seeing Kamberi and ever thinking we need to sign this guy. I wish him well but I’m glad it looks like his ship is sailing.
I mean, he was brought in as a third choice striker and as a third choice striker he was.. Ok? I guess? But we should be aiming to bring in better quality and knock defoe down to 3rd choice striker (who even in his old age and lack of pace is still steps above Kamberi)

What really sealed it with me with Kamberi was his first european game against braga, I posted my disappointment with him in that game, specifically how exactly fucking often he was caught offside. Few people had pelters at me but as time went on I was proven correct with his poor goalscoring record. But the amount of times he was offside in that game was ridiculous, sure it's not a sign of his ability but if you have no real football brain - which if you're offisde that much then you clearly lack, which to me was a huge red flag. It wasn't even as if Braga was playing the offisde trap perfectly, they were just high up the pitch and Kamberi looked as if it was his first game of football.

He worked hard though, I'll give him that. But hard work doesn't neccessarily mean quality work but I think his hard work deludes some people here.

Boy in the crowd looks like Kamberi, it's actually Itten.

Kamberi and Itten look similar, same running style and the way they move with the ball (Kamberi faster).

Was a bit underwhelmed by the Kamberi signing and he was average when we had him. Was he not valued at £2m by Hibs last summer? Why was he loaned to us in the first place and subsequently bombed out after we didn’t want to sign him?

Considering he was a £2m asset for them last year, it shows how much other clubs hate us if this is the attitude they take. Cutting their nose off to spite their face.

Never understood those posts. I can’t recall seeing Kamberi and ever thinking we need to sign this guy. I wish him well but I’m glad it looks like his ship is sailing.
On the flip, I can't remember watching him and thinking he wasn't good enough. A lot of action from the bench and actually made an impact when he came on

Good luck to him . I would have liked to have seen how well he would have done up till end of the season, but covid stopped that. At least he got to pull on the jersey and he certainly gave his best shot.

Good luck to him , also delighted he is away from that rancid cesspit excuse for a football club.

I thought he did quite well tbh.
One really good thing that came of his spell was when he signed and his comments after it,it really annoyed the Hivs fans which is always nice.

Back