Club confirm Itten

Where's Aribo in that mate?

He's probably been our most impressive middle to front player, so far this season.

Don't get hung up on a permanent change of formation.

Not a chance we'd play that formation against the mentally challengeds or a top European side.

They'd overrun us in the midfield.

We might get 4-2-3-1 against weaker teams on occasion, but certainly not every week.

EXACTLY MATE - We are securing a squad, not a team, and as you say Hamilton or Ross County at home probably 4231, but Europe or the scum ? Not for me either.

You know that for sure? Or going off everyone else?

Know nothing about the lad but his stats are impressive, would expect Alfie to move this week.
A poster here said he has confirmed his source with admin, another poster met him at the airport and Jordan Campbell tweeted saying it’s nearly done (clubs most trusted journo). A lot of evidence to suggest it mate, I agree on the latter part :))

Have to disagree. Seeing very different from what you’re seeing. I see a guy that’s fast for his height, technically good, comfortable on both feet, composed with finishing, strong and can link up very well with players around him
you gonna have to post the link I must had watched the wrong video, anyway I'm just throwing a bit of a digital tantrum really mate, Once I get over no getting Toney, I'll talk sense rather than just rant

EXACTLY MATE - We are securing a squad, not a team, and as you say Hamilton or Ross County at home probably 4231, but Europe or the scum ? Not for me either.

Spot on Grigo.

We now look as if we have quality depth, which allows us to change formation, or personnel, without weakening the starting 11.

No longer any need to flog fatigued players to near exhaustion.

Agree, my main gripe with our CM's last year was they're all a bit samey. If we were to add someone like you mention and be able to drop Aribo one deeper then suddenly we have much more variety in the middle of the park.

Absolutely agree, in fact I actually used the same word as you. Samey :))

Yes, just a guy who gets all over the park & wins ball & feeds the talent we now have.

Spot on Grigo.

We now look as if we have quality depth, which allows us to change formation, or personnel, without weakening the starting 11.

We should be able to make subs without weakening the team, the bench on Saturday was poor and showed why we’re signing 2 attacking players and possibly a midfielder

Spot on Grigo.

100% what we've been saying mate & i'm delighted that the directors are supporting the
manager.

We're two players away from a league winning squad if we tie up Itten in my opinion.

I've seen absolutely nothing from Hagi that would make me think he would function effectively in that position. Would need to be 4231 with those players.

I think Hagi could be dynamite sitting behind a mobile front 3, creating chances for them, and making intelligent forward runs into scoring positions himself. I see him more of an attacking midfielder than a front 3 player. Especially if we end up with the front 3 options it looks like we'll have.

Perhaps we need to see Hagi a little more to find out exactly where he can contribute most though.

Could see Kent, Itten and Roofe being front three and Hagi dropping to behind itten in midfield with Aribo and Jack as your two holding midfielder’s.

Exactly as I posted earlier, I agree. We know our midfield 3 needs more forward looking players and only one of Jack/Kamara for most league games. So why not Jack/Kamara plus Hagi and Aribo? Would make sense to me.

Assuming we sell Morelos, then we need a midfielder and a winger in that we are sorted.

Where i'm a bit worried is quality cover for the full backs LD5.

Patterson will play for his country in my opinion, but regular minutes this season might be
just a little too early for him. Bassey, i'm not sure has the quality of Borna. When either of
them were out last season we really felt it.

I know others disagree, but that's a wee area of concern I still have mate.

but it is though, nothing in the clips made him stand out, just a big guy and that's it far as I can see, my gripe is none of these signings will be cheap, get one wrong in the striking dept, and we could be fooked for the season
He is not even that big. Doomed, we're doomed I tell ya

@AHbear has done his bit, wheres the training centre cctv guy?
hqdefault.jpg

I think Hagi could be dynamite sitting behind a mobile front 3, creating chances for them, and making intelligent forward runs into scoring positions himself. I see him more of an attacking midfielder than a front 3 player. Especially if we end up with the front 3 options it looks like we'll have.

Perhaps we need to see Hagi a little more to find out exactly where he can contribute most though.

Against the top 6 away from home it would be madness to start 4 players who offer little defensively.

It will be horses for courses though and there will be games where this won't be a problem.

Yes, there's no point in Hagi playing lovely slide rule passes to guys not quick enough to
get onto the end of them, but this should be a massive boost for him as we've added pace.

Back