2 more players needed

Who is the alternative? Patterson who has next to zero first team experience or McCrorie who doesn't appear to be anywhere near the first team. Jack has more previous game time at right back than both of them - and I don't want Jack anywhere near that position.

Tav's previous backups in Flanagan and Polster are gone.

Madness to expect to go through season with one right back. He had his appendix out last season at the same time our form took a nose dive off a cliff.
Patterson is the back up r.b wether you like it or not.
There is not a cat in hells chance Gerrard will take jack out of midfield so get that out of your head.

A quality CM of real quality?

Who drops out for this ‘number 10’? Kent Aribo or Hagi? The £12m of transfers or our best player?
The new c.m takes kamara places and the new number 10/attacker to be fluid and play in a few positions,of Kent or Hagi get injured we haven’t got great back ups.
Aribo is going to play in midfield Gerrard said as much.
Don’t see how you can’t see we need couple more players still or at least one.

For me, we need to get 2 or 3 out the door too. Docherty, Stewart and Jones or the like. Stevie G looks like wanting another midfielder and for me a right sided winger. I feel Hagi won't as effective playing wide.

The 5 subs rule might mean a couple hanging about. Murphy and Steward provide something a bit different to the others we have. Lots of options now, which is a nicer problem to have.

A Fabinho type defensive midfielder with a range of passing that's the next priority.

An extra creative attacking midfielder to push our current options. A possible starter as things progress.

And if the funds are there I'll even take loan a dynamic forward who can play across the front line an impact player from the bench.

3 more to go for me.

Patterson is the back up r.b wether you like it or not.
There is not a cat in hells chance Gerrard will take jack out of midfield so get that out of your head.
I don't like it, he is 18 and nowhere near ready - nothing even to say he is in Gerrard's plans and Gerrard forever talks about not destroying players development by throwing them in to deep. In a thread started by you about additional signings it's a bit random to take the hump at someone wanting an additional signing to cover a position.

As I said, don't want Jack anywhere near RB - I want a RB to be brought in rather than Jack, or any other player for that matter, to be put there out of position.

Still think we need a forward thinking 6 and a right wing. I’m really confident we will bring in a right winger and all the rumours suggest we will bring in a centre mid. If I’m being really greedy I’d like an 8 as well

I'd say Itten is very much a project/development player that will be given time to settle if Morelos leaves tomorrow Roofe will be first choice striker for me

I don't think we have capacity for project signings, certainly not this year anyway. And despite not knowing the actual figure paid for Itten, I suspect it will be substantial, and I doubt we'd be paying any sort of cash for someone who may not cut it. Make no mistake, Itten will be expected to play a big part this year.

Agreed. One more and we are done.
Agree - think if we get hard midfielder in the Ian Ferguson mould we would be fine.
If we could off load Jones, Doc, Murphy or Stewart, and McCrorie we could spend some money on RHS midfielder/attacker with good goal scoring record. But I am being greedy.

I don't think we have capacity for project signings, certainly not this year anyway. And despite not knowing the actual figure paid for Itten, I suspect it will be substantial, and I doubt we'd be paying any sort of cash for someone who may not cut it. Make no mistake, Itten will be expected to play a big part this year.
He'll play his part but he's not a guaranteed starter for me according to various reports it was £4 million for Roofe and £2.7 million for Itten Itten might force his way in but Roofe has the edge currently for me

I don't like it, he is 18 and nowhere near ready - nothing even to say he is in Gerrard's plans and Gerrard forever talks about not destroying players development by throwing them in to deep. In a thread started by you about additional signings it's a bit random to take the hump at someone wanting an additional signing to cover a position.

As I said, don't want Jack anywhere near RB - I want a RB to be brought in rather than Jack, or any other player for that matter, to be put there out of position.
Yeah but you stated jack will play at r.b for cover and I’m merely stating he won’t.
Gerrard see’s a lot more then me or of Patterson and if he feels he’s ready to come in for odd games here and their then so be it.
Patterson is very highly rated by the management team.

I think Itten will be our Kamberi this season. Roofe will play in the RW position most matches. Morelos will end up being replaced if he leaves.

We do however need 2 midfielders currently. A defensive mid and a creative midfielder.

I think if Morelos goes it will be 3 in.

Yeah but you stated jack will play at r.b for cover and I’m merely stating he won’t.
Gerrard see’s a lot more then me or of Patterson and if he feels he’s ready to come in for odd games here and their then so be it.
Patterson is very highly rated by the management team.
I'm using Jack as an example as he has played at rb before. You stated Patterson is backup whether I like it or not, bizarre on a thread you started about additional signing needs. Its the equivalent of me telling you that Greg Docherty is the cm we need whether you like it or not. (he's not!)

Any team with ambitions of competing domestically and in Europe does not go into a season with only one experienced rb and an inexperienced 18 year old who had 1 competitive start in a cup game against stranraer. (regardless of how highly rated he is). Especially as this forum is awash nearly daily with threads wanting Tav punted

Honestly simply put a quality box to box is all we need. If we can get someone who can hold their own in midfield and spray good passes forward to our attackers were in a really good place. The greedy part of me wants us to get a experienced backup full back incase Barisic or Tav get a bad injury.

If morelos leaves depending on the fee we may go out and bring in one other striker or attacking minded player. Guess we will have to wait and see.

Reactions: GF7
2 central midfielders to up the quality in there would be the ideal but realistically I’m only expecting us to get one in

QUOTE="GF7, post: 6603150, member: 15347"]
A RB for cover for Tav is a must.

Tav gets suspended of injured then Ryan Jack will be there
[/QUOTE]

The boy Paterson will be fine there.

A Fabinho type defensive midfielder with a range of passing that's the next priority.

An extra creative attacking midfielder to push our current options. A possible starter as things progress.

And if the funds are there I'll even take loan a dynamic forward who can play across the front line an impact player from the bench.

3 more to go for me.

See when you say a fabinho type player?

You realise he cost liverpool £40 million and is probably worth double that now?

So we are looking for that type if player but will be looking to spend roughly 1/20th of what he would cost.

Just a thought bro

I'd say Itten is very much a project/development player that will be given time to settle if Morelos leaves tomorrow Roofe will be first choice striker for me

Worth noting itten is currently only 1 year younger than alfredo now and a couple of years older than alfredo was when we signed him to lead our line.

Worth noting itten is currently only 1 year younger than alfredo now and a couple of years older than alfredo was when we signed him to lead our line.
As scary as it sounds Morelos wasn't signed to be our first choice striker Herrera was Caixinhas man and only went to Johansson for the recommendation

If Aribo turns into the player where he can get 10 + goals per season and contribute with more assists then all I want is a big destroyer take no prisoners midfielder

As scary as it sounds Morelos wasn't signed to be our first choice striker Herrera was Caixinhas man and only went to Johannson for the recommendation

Haha probably true.

Talk about first impressions.

First competitive game i seen herrera play was fir park im sure and thought this guy is gona struggle.

First game i seen the buff play was at Ibrox in europa im sure, must have been progres and i just knew he had something, probably didnt realise how good he would go on to develop if im being honest.

Don’t know if I’m being greedy but I’d like to see another striker and a CM come in, another RB maybe too.

After today’s signings I feel we are 2 players away from a serious title challenge.
A c.m of real quality and a right attacker/number 10 in mould of aluko in his prime then I would be happy.
Sign Paulinio and Fran Sergio from Braga and we'll win the league.

The more good players the better when you look at our bench. A bit of strength up front now, which we lacked.

The midfield still lacks numbers and different options on the bench. Another Aribo or Hagi would be nice. I think that's all we'll get, one more signing. Two quality signings would exceed my expectations.

While I am saying that I think the club will give us one more quality signing it should be pointed out that we have two very inexperienced fullbacks to cover for us. That's a big gamble but the coaching team clearly have confidence in them

u want Ar
I think it looks like Gerrard has Zungu (or someone of that ilk) earmarked for the midfield, but that could be it.

Roofe can also play as a wide attacker so could compliment Itten up front which could then allow Hagi to play more centrally as the no.10.

This in turn may see Aribo drop back to be part of the 2 in the 4-2-3-1 formation we seem to favour, but crucially whether paired alongside Kamara, Jack, Zungu or whoever else, he’d be expected to be more box to box thus erasing the need for the two holding men we’re currently playing there.

I’m confident we’ll get Zungu or someone else for the middle of the park and then we really do look, on paper at least, a much stronger squad, even with the likely loss of Alfie.

Exciting times.
You Arbo further forward imo.

I think it looks like Gerrard has Zungu (or someone of that ilk) earmarked for the midfield, but that could be it.

Roofe can also play as a wide attacker so could compliment Itten up front which could then allow Hagi to play more centrally as the no.10.

This in turn may see Aribo drop back to be part of the 2 in the 4-2-3-1 formation we seem to favour, but crucially whether paired alongside Kamara, Jack, Zungu or whoever else, he’d be expected to be more box to box thus erasing the need for the two holding men we’re currently playing there.

I’m confident we’ll get Zungu or someone else for the middle of the park and then we really do look, on paper at least, a much stronger squad, even with the likely loss of Alfie.

Exciting times.
You serious about Kent being so far down the options?

Don't think we need that right sided attacker anymore. Hagi, Kent and Roofe all can play there, Itten on the little i have seen of him looks like he has qualities that could fit there and then you still have players like Stewart, Murphy and Barker at the club. A goal scoring midfielder should be the priority and possibly last signing
Totally agree here.
We need more goals from the rest of the team, at least twenty, closer to thirty, from our midfield, including Hagi and Kent and another ten to twenty from the defenders.
Roofe and Itten, along with Morelos, need to score what Morelos and Defoe did last season.

Move on Stewart, Jones and Murphy who will be lucky to play 10 games between them this year and sign 1 quality cm and we are looking good . The squad is currently bloated with players who won’t get much game time

Patterson?
He is 18 and untested other than a start against stranraer.

If he is ready then great but I think it would be very foolish not to have a backup, will be very surprised if we aren't actively looking. We essentially lost 3 fullbacks in the summer in Flanagan, Polster and Halliday - only bringing in Bassey.

Back