Will the Sheep fixtures be at risk?

BrianLaudrup5263

With Herr Sturgeon re-locking down Aberdeen will their fixtures be in doubt over the next couple of weeks? That includes their trip to the paedo dome as well as their televised game against st Johnstone this week and a midweek game.

If they are unable to travel or host games it could give us a chance to go ahead in the league early, albeit the filth would have a game in hand.

just wondered if anyone with a better grasp of how this will work know if they’ll still be allowed to play.

I wouldn't think so no. For example, Spain is on the UK travel list where the 2 week quarantine applies, Real Madrid are exempt from this for their game vs Man City.

To be honest I’m half expecting our visit there to get the blame for the outbreak!

Thanks for the replies though - I don’t live in Scotland anymore so was unsure how Sturgeon would view football in relation to lockdowns

You can still go to work, so it shouldn't be.

Can’t travel more than 5 miles apparently.

Surely football teams breaking the rules will undermine all credibility of the lockdown.

I wouldn’t have thought they can be seen to be doing this.

Surely football teams breaking the rules will undermine all credibility of the lockdown.

Elite sport is not affected.

As I said, Leicester City carried on playing.

They shut down the city after the weekend we played them.

If they were playing the mhanks this week they would forfeit the points.

Wouldnt imagine so as thats why testing has been set up. If imagine theyll be tested before they travel and also before the game

Just shows you how it can spread though. Suggestion is that one person came back from holiday, didn't quarantine and instead went on a pub crawl. The situation here really is still very fragile.

First city in scotland to go back into lockdown, that’ll be going in the pittodrie trophy cabinet alongside fuckall else :)) :))
That'll be another star above their badge then?

We might even have to just declare Celtc "Champions", give Aberdeen a star and relegate Hamilton... would save us all time and effort in the long run.

They should lock them down alright ...... and throw the key into the North Sea. Their sheep dip drinking fans at least.

Nothing to do with COVID-19, just my opinion.

With Herr Sturgeon re-locking down Aberdeen will their fixtures be in doubt over the next couple of weeks? That includes their trip to the paedo dome as well as their televised game against st Johnstone this week and a midweek game.

If they are unable to travel or host games it could give us a chance to go ahead in the league early, albeit the filth would have a game in hand.

just wondered if anyone with a better grasp of how this will work know if they’ll still be allowed to play.
Get it postponed, I don’t feel safe. If the sheep forwards are fit for the rearranged game, that’s just a side issue.

Footballers get regularly tested for this reason. They will be allowed to travel & play as long as there isn't an outbreak in the squad.

Mildly concerned that Rangers were up there at the weekend. Did we stay overnight on the Friday?

Just shows you how it can spread though. Suggestion is that one person came back from holiday, didn't quarantine and instead went on a pub crawl. The situation here really is still very fragile.
Seemingly linked to an offshore worker from down south somewhere. Tested positive but with no symptoms before his trip, rather than isolating he went out for a pint. With the pubs and restaurants cramming people in and allowing massive queues with a 1 in 1 out system, the situation has gotten out of hand.

Sturgeon says a restriction of 5 miles for leisure so I can’t see Aberdeen being able to play a game in Perth this weekend. Granted a lot of their team/officials will stay out with Aberdeen but it’s not a good look them going to St Johnstone.

Sturgeon says a restriction of 5 miles for leisure so I can’t see Aberdeen being able to play a game in Perth this weekend. Granted a lot of their team/officials will stay out with Aberdeen but it’s not a good look them going to St Johnstone.

Players and officials would be going to work, the leisure 5 mile restriction wouldn't come into play.

That’s not true.

We’ll see. There at least must be a risk.
Probably a small one but with players being tested twice a week it’s far easier to control.

Not a chance any of their games are in danger.
In the EPL Leicester still played all their games without any issues.

Employers can re furlough staff it was just on the news
All down to a couple of bars who if the pics are anything to go by were taking the P. Did no Police drive by these places over the weekend and think that looks like way to many people?

Anybody else remember the “corned beef saga” from the 60,s didn’t they quarantine the city then?

Back