Sheep to lose 8 players - Game vs St Johnstone Now Off

Two things.

1) Surely their games must be off. If not a precident has been set for the season.

2) Football is an elite sport so do they not just need to return consistent negative tests and all would be back next week?

This is going to be a horrific season at this rate, we wont all be happy if this happens to us with 2/3 weeks to us vs tims for example..

Genuinely would find it funny if it was just the sheep . Just annoys me because it’s the game against the poets they miss. Gd might be massive this year and minus 4/5 first team players allows them to run up a cricket score

This is just the start, this is going to happen all season. If we are in the lead you better be prepared for Null & Void

Farcial, look at how the MLB have handled the Covid crisis with the Marlins, Phillies and Cardinals.

So, St Johnstone players become infected, then what?

I'm genuinely done with it all.

So 0 players in the full league get this virus and the league is cancelled with awards handed out.

Now 8 players from 1 team has to self isolate from 1 team and they have to play their games.

If I didn't know any better I would think they were playing the Tim's in the 14 day period or something.

I have genuine concerns that one of our players will now come back positive having only played these bastards less than a week ago. Our entire team have just travelled to and from Germany. What the %^*& would happen to us?

Still don’t get what’s the point in testing players twice a week if the test isn’t accurate until 2 weeks after you get it

This sets a scary precedent. Are you telling me there aren't people out there who if they got a positive test would try to infect someone from their rivals.

Games should be off when teams need to isolate. It's the only fair way.

Remember when we handed the SFL something like 21 flu sicknotes and they still made us play Hibs at Easter Road?

The powers that be have been amateurish for as long as I can remember.
Remember when the former mhank player died playing for Motherwell a decade later, and they got a game cancelled, when the only player who had played with him was the wee aussie midget, and that was at Motherwell.
This is in no way disparaging of said wee aussie midget, of whom we all have fond memories.
An overhead kick and a cheeky wee flick, made the 19th Century Terrorist bastards sick.

I have genuine concerns that one of our players will now come back positive having only played these bastards less than a week ago. Our entire team have just travelled to and from Germany. What the %^*& would happen to us?

Looks like they caught it after playing us so no need to worry there.

Surely, technically every single Aberdeen player could potentially be infected? If this happened on Saturday then I’m going to assume all 8 players have been back at training and in contact with the rest of the squad since then.
dont they've been allowed to train mate

I'm sure the league can be trusted to ensure this is handled in the best possible way.

Hey, no laughing at the back!

If this is the way they will deal with outbreaks. We better keep some of the squad players on (Stewart and Jones et al). I’m not a sheep fan by any means, but this is clearly unfair (then again I’m not surprised by the corrupt Spfl/Sfa)
edit : just saw the names involved.

Last edited:
Hopefully this is a kick up the arse for players and clubs. If this is gonna happen on a regularly basis I’d rather the league was stopped. Simply because you just know it would be allowed to effect us but if it effected them and there ‘10’ the league would be stopped . All I ask is we are given a fair chance on the pitch to win the league but with the virus and the control they have it won’t be allowed to happen . If covid gets worse and they are top they will be given it. If we are top it will be postponed until safe or voided

Are some posters actually implying that this is one big lie to help the mentally challengeds beat them in one of the first games of the season? Some absolute crackpots on here man. :D:D:D
Nah I think there are saying the matches should be postponed

Are some posters actually implying that this is one big lie to help the mentally challengeds beat them in one of the first games of the season? Some absolute crackpots on here man. :D:D:D

Not a conspiracy it’s been law since the beginning to isolate for 14 days . Merely pointing out the double standards that if it was their team the game would be off

Why do the players have to isolate for 14 days even though they’ve tested negative? Surely they could isolate for 4/5 days, get another negative test, then come back to play next week?
That would mean they were fit for the Tims game SFA can't have that. It's their duty to act in a corrupt manner where possible.

So 8 players self-isolating for 10-14 days and they’ve to play their matches, if I’m reading that right. Nice.
Bet you when Celtic pull this stunt when we visit and they have no fans,.there is a different response. I bet you they get to reschedule.

Interested to hear how they arrived at the decision to make them play. Was it adhoc or was written down procedure before season started.

Also amazing to see petrie has recovered so quickly and back at work. Nothing strange about that at all, nope.

Spfl are very lucky there wasn't a round of midweek fixtures this week. It will be a miracle if this season doesn't fall over.

In my work (NHS) you only need to isolate until the swab comes back negative. Obviously if positive you keep isolating. Dont know why this is different
I assume you mean that you only need to have a negative swab after you've already tested positive?
Six of the eight Aberdeen players haven't tested positive yet. They're isolating for 14 days because they have been in close contact with a confirmed positive case.

I assume you mean that you only need to have a negative swab after you've already tested positive?
Six of the eight Aberdeen players haven't tested positive yet. They're isolating for 14 days because they have been in close contact with a confirmed positive case.

Cormack only mentions the St Johnstone game. My guess is if the other players return two negative tests in the next week they will come out of isolation. Can’t train in the meantime though,

Back