Sheep to lose 8 players - Game vs St Johnstone Now Off

This will set a very dangerous precident now. Whilst I have no sympathy for the sheep, the games shouldn't go ahead and this isnt because they play Celtic as they always lie down to them anyway.

Wont be long either imo.

These clubs and their players are just too tin pot to do it properly.

sadly football players are normal people

now players at rangers and Celtic almost accept they won’t live a normal life for a few years but get on with it because they get paid thousands a week and are treated like Hero’s

do we really think players at the smaller clubs are gonna accept being told in there spare time they can’t go out or spend time in public on a few hundred a week just so the season can get finished. No chance

Players need to live like monks, training and games other than that stay in. Harsh? Yes but girls the wages they are on it's a small sacrifice. Those aberdeen players who went out saturday should be ashamed of themselves

Cormack only mentions the St Johnstone game. My guess is if the other players return two negative tests in the next week they will come out of isolation. Can’t train in the meantime though,
Their club statement says the original two who have tested positive are isolating for 10 days and the other six players for 14 days.

Their club statement says the original two who have tested positive are isolating for 10 days and the other six players for 14 days.

I read it. I’m suggesting if the latter group test negative twice in the next 7 days they will be back. Just guessing because nobody really knows the rules, it’s SPFL make it up as you go along again.

Are some posters actually implying that this is one big lie to help the mentally challengeds beat them in one of the first games of the season? Some absolute crackpots on here man. :D:D:D
No they're not.

They are however saying that the players being isolated and Aberdeen being forced to play when they are due to face the filth is all too typical of Scottish football.

Now that I've shown you where you've gone wrong with your snidy wee post, perhaps you can apologise for your lack of understanding leading to you calling posters absolute crackpots?

It's not anyone elses fault you're too stupid to understand.

I assume you mean that you only need to have a negative swab after you've already tested positive?
Six of the eight Aberdeen players haven't tested positive yet. They're isolating for 14 days because they have been in close contact with a confirmed positive case.
Sorry I've made an arse of it. Its if you are in contact with someone who has symptoms, if their test comes back negative then you can stop isolating.

sadly football players are normal people

now players at Rangers and Celtic almost accept they won’t live a normal life for a few years but get on with it because they get paid thousands a week and are treated like Hero’s

do we really think players at the smaller clubs are gonna accept being told in there spare time they can’t go out or spend time in public on a few hundred a week just so the season can get finished. No chance
Aberdeen players are paid enough to be professional, which includes staying out of pubs during an international pandemic.

The players won't be able to come out of isolation early even with negative tests. The scottish government guidelines are they have to isolate for 14 days no matter if they a negative test as thats the incubation period for the virus to pass. Sturgeon said a negative test won't create a shortcut as there is a chance it could still develop after that negative test

Are some posters actually implying that this is one big lie to help the mentally challengeds beat them in one of the first games of the season? Some absolute crackpots on here man. :D:D:D

Nah I think there are saying the matches should be postponed

More to the point..... "Matches not being postponed because mutants would
be behind us on points and (in ideal world/another universe) would be at risk
if losing out if league were suddenly called" :mad:

The players made a deliberate choice not to follow protocol. There needs to be consequences. But this is a precedent and needs to occur if another club does similar.

This is the reason the Executive wanted additional powers. They could then make individual decisions based on which team. There's no way the tims would be forced to play us with half of their squad sitting out.

So for the time being footballers arent allowed a social life?. They should be able to enjoy a night out etc like the rest of us. If true its insane if they force them to play instead of postponing a few fixtures.
FFS!

The players won't be able to come out of isolation early even with negative tests. The scottish government guidelines are they have to isolate for 14 days no matter if they a negative test as thats the incubation period for the virus to pass. Sturgeon said a negative test won't create a shortcut as there is a chance it could still develop after that negative test

then quite simply I see no way this season isn’t gonna be a farce. 14 days could be 4 games of 1/9th of a whole season.

So if it happened to the poets before the Scottish cup games . Would they be forced to play or would they roll out it’s a sfa competition . Of course they would

The only surprise is that the SPFL aren't pushing to call the season and hand the title to the current leaders. They might end up on 15 in a row by December

No they're not.

They are however saying that the players being isolated and Aberdeen being forced to play when they are due to face the filth is all too typical of Scottish football.

Now that I've shown you where you've gone wrong with your snidy wee post, perhaps you can apologise for your lack of understanding leading to you calling posters absolute crackpots?

It's not anyone elses fault you're too stupid to understand.

Nae bother da.

You take the internet very seriously don't you? I probably got this one wrong but I'm definitely not apologising as there is definitely a paranoid crackpot element on this forum and I still would not be at all surprised if thats what one or two were implying.

Now can you apologise for hurting my feelings by calling me stupid?

There’s no chance if us or that lot get eight players out due to Covid our games go ahead.

And this will be Sky TV pulling the strings as it’s their chosen game this weekend.

But this could be the precedent set. And while Aberdeen have done this to themselves I’m not celebrating this as it’ll fück us over at some point I’m sure. Teams will get this innocently and be punished for it.

They really are clowns that run the game up here.

According to the first team squad page on their website they have 26 people in it.
10 of them will miss the games (8 named plus Main injured and Considine suspended).
16 players left in the squad and 3 of them are goalkeepers.

On one hand I think it's terrible that the SPFL are making them play the games but on another hand they were the ones who went out knowing what's going on in the world and it's the sheep so f.uck them.

Normally I'd be happy with this but this time I'm waiting on them for a quad bet.

The worst part would be them missing players against that lot.

then quite simply I see no way this season isn’t gonna be a farce. 14 days could be 4 games of 1/9th of a whole season.
Good point but at the same time, if you postpone these three fixtures then you need to fit them in somewhere else. Then what if St. Johnstone, Hamilton or Celtic have to postpone two or three fixtures if they have an outbreak? Suddenly you have multiple teams with several fixtures needing rearranged all over the place.
Chaotic both ways really.

Let's be honest, it's as predictable as the rain in harthill....

This will happen to maybe one or two other clubs then as soon as the mentally challengeds are hit, especially if it's before the OF game, then it'll be "we can't allow this to continue as it's jeopardising the integrity of the league" or similar. Aberdeen and whoever else has been forced to play appeal it and get fined for questioning the leader.

Haven't read all the thread,but I thought you could ask for games to be postponed if you had too many players unavailable through illness.Also if this happened to the mhanks they would definetly find a way round it.

Interested to hear how they arrived at the decision to make them play. Was it adhoc or was written down procedure before season started.

Also amazing to see petrie has recovered so quickly and back at work. Nothing strange about that at all, nope.
He had emergency surgery and was always only required to be away a couple of weeks.

8 players can’t play for 3 games and not 1 of them is ill. Funny old virus. The 2 players testing positive are asymptomatic.

It is a funny old virus, but the players not having symptoms doesn’t stop them from spreading it.

Possibly one of the worst things about the virus is that ‘healthy’ people can walk around unknowingly spreading it.

Just imagine the carnage if this happened a few days before an old firm game. This season could be ridiculously messy considering the brainboxes at the SPFL haven't allowed for any leeway with postponed fixtures

Some perspective needed.

Will one of our players or a Celtic player contract the virus at some point?

Probably. Sevilla and Leverkusen had a player in isolation this week.

Will we have 8 ruled out because our players were in a packed bar with no social distancing where a local outbreak was spreading?

Hopefully not if the clubs inform the players of their responsibilities.

Who’d have thought the whole COVID situation would be played like a fiddle by the corrupt authorities.

Correct me if I’m wrong - my old age may be acting up here - but haven’t there been postponed games in the past due to viral issues with less players involved?

Also, how ironic would it be to have the bheasts hit with COVID in the run up to the OF game after having their wish granted to push the game back?

Could karma possibly be so glorious?

It's up to Aberdeen to ask for fixtures to be postponed.

When a large number of your first team squad are unavailable for selection it's standard practice to ask for a postponement.

And SPFL rules cover this.

And SFA rules cover this.

Nothing to do with the Scottish Government, NHS Scotland, Police Scotland, BBC Scotland or CFC.

Back