Joint response group update - Celtic v St Mirren and Aberdeen both off

Ineligible player you say? I'm sure there are rules which outline the exact punishment for that. I wonder if the SPFL will interpret this as fielding an ineligible player...

He wasn't ineligible in terms of the written rules as he wasn't suspended or cup tied etc. The SPFL are no way going to go down that road and risk court yet again

To be fair there isn't much they can do about one of their players leaving the country. Still good, fixtures piling up for them could suit us massively.

Celtic's blatant disregard for public health must be condemned. Griffiths also broke lockdown rules and wasn't dealt with properly. Bolingoli has become their scapegoat, but given he's their second player to break lockdown, and it's a second separate incident, I believe their club hierarchy need to be called into question because they have failed in their duties.

I find the noone knew he was in Spain defence laughable. They should be made an example of by the footballing authorities.

If it's found they knew then I'd say the Killie game is fair for a forfeit. Sadly it seems to be Celtic who are doing the investigation of themselves. Again

I don't get why the opposing team are punished because of the stupidity of the team in question. The teams who break the rules should forfeit the game and in this case just move up the St. Mirren vs Hamilton game.

I'm sure st mirren and Hamilton will co.plain about it, right? :rolleyes:

Celtic's blatant disregard for public health must be condemned. Griffiths also broke lockdown rules and wasn't dealt with properly. Bolingoli has become their scapegoat, but given he's their second player to break lockdown, and it's a second separate incident, I believe their club hierarchy need to be called into question because they have failed in their duties.
He has been airbrushed out of the story hasn’t he .

Happy with that.

Up to us to capitalise on this. Two wins please Rangers.

Gives them a fixture headache as well.

It only does if they progress in Europe

3 games to fit in

Aberdeen and St Mirren (SC semi-final 2019/20 weekend) both home
St Mirren away

Petrie is basically saying that the Filth have done the right thing, so shouldn’t be punished.

They will do anything to cover up/minimize what's happened here the response statement is a fucking joke in all honesty.

If your Kilmarnock you should be all over this likewise Reykjavik with UEFA over there concerns.

The mentally challengeds just love internal (non) investigations, don't they?

"Haud oan, don't investigate us, we'll dae wan wursells."

Last edited:
Nearly swearing on here at that statement

So the SFA are doing nothing. Commending Celtic FC when people posted on here during the match that the player had been to Malaga

Theres no 2020/21 rules online. No punishment.

Are the Scottish Executive forcing quarantine under the Public Health remit.

We echo the sentiments of Celtic FC in their condemnatory statement and commend the club’s swiftness in opening a disciplinary investigation.

Shouldn't it be the SFA's job to open a disciplinary investigation FFS? What actually is the point of the football authorities up here?

Agree, but this group may not be responsible, the complaint officer should be charging both clubs.

This season is going to end in a cluster feck, there is no way players wont break the rules by mistake or on purpose

Nearly swearing on here at that statement

So the SFA are doing nothing. Commending Celtic FC when people posted on here during the match that the player had been to Malaga

Theres no 2020/21 rules online. No punishment.

Are the Scottish Executive forcing quarantine under the Public Health remit.
And it’s 14 days not 7 .
Sturgeon said minimum of week wrt to both clubs Yes , I will allow for that being Aberdeen started a week earlier but Celtic are due another week

I find the noone knew he was in Spain defence laughable. They should be made an example of by the footballing authorities.
Laughable is being polite. you get 4 days off work and you don`t tell your workmates you a have booked a short break away tae Spain.

Embarrassment for our tin pot game yet again.
Cannot believe the SFA are backing the vermin in their actions, where has the club's duty of care been? The PFA should be all over this and pushing punishment to the club and not the player. I know inquiries aren't their forte but was a risk assessment carried out? was sufficient training advice provided by the JRG and the club? Is their a signed statement from the player accepting everything had been read and understood? Who knew about it? Did the player liason officer know? Were the club available for any questions or oncerns a player/staff member had 24/7? Did he have access to medical professionals for advice?
All things I'd expect Rangers to have in place, now the boys an absolute dummy but it sickens me that the cowardice scum have stabbed him in the back and our mate Petrie has just slit his throat without even looking into any of the above.

You’d expect sky to take our game tomorrow then so possibly a 6pm kick off.

To keep sky happy they will surely want a game in return that is nearby love street and easy to screen.

But then that’s a loss of revenue to us from RTV purchases so probably not.

Now it's only right that an independent panel made up of Rangers, Hearts and Partick Thistle representatives is convened to discuss points deductions.

That's how it works does it not?

Postponed matches notwithstanding, the two clubs who so obviously broke the rules, should be severely punished. Not by the Government but by the football authorities (no laughing at the back).
The farcical situation caused by both Celtic and Aberdeen have without doubt, brought the game in Scotland into further disrepute, if that is even possible. The excuse that Celtic did not know one of their first team squad went to Spain without their knowledge is risible. Celtic knowingly placed the safety of Kilmarnock players at risk. By putting him on the pitch, they sought to gain an unfair advantage by cheating. Suppose he had scored the winning goal or kicked a goal-bound shot off the line? No one should be fooled, yet the break benefits the culprits more than anyone and St. Mirren at least are very much inconvenienced.
Fit and proper punishment must be enforced if Scottish football is not to become an even bigger laughing stock. The three stooges at the SPFL and their boss at the piggery are already performing a damage limitation exercise, aided and abetted by the other lickspittles, and I have no doubt, will get away with this, although Bolingoli (or whatever) may be thrown to the wolves to assist in this charade. This farce will trickle into the sand, as all other scandals involving the terrorist and Nazi supporting paedophiles tend to do.
I was going to say corruption raises it's ugly head again, except that it was never lowered in the first place

We echo the sentiments of Celtic FC in their condemnatory statement and commend the club’s swiftness in opening a disciplinary investigation.

No doubt petrie penned that with Liewell standing over him. Ridiculous comment.

Incidentally, apart from Lennon dragging him off in s press conference, have they actually issued a condemnatory statement prior to petrie saying this.

Last edited:

Ronseal - Aberdeen v Hamilton also off.

Only Celtic could get praised by the SFA for playing an ineligible player!!

Rod Petrie, Chair of the JRG: “The Joint Response Group has acted swiftly and decisively in addressing the latest concerns raised by the minister on behalf of Scottish Government. While the decision to postpone these games is deeply regrettable nevertheless in the circumstances it is unavoidable and uncontestable.

“The JRG members were astounded to learn of the recklessness demonstrated by Boli Bolingoli-Mbombo in his breach of government public health guidance and football protocols.

Quite brilliant how they try and make out as if Celtic are actually the hero’s and doing the right thing! They should be getting punished.

Pish.

They shouldn't be postponing games. Award a 3-0 walkover to the opposition if a team cannot fulfil a fixture due to Covid infections amongst their players that can be traced to a non-essential activity. That will soon encourage teams to be tough with their players.

totally agree. Yes I get the let’s get points on the board and open up a lead. All that will happen is rearranged games with potentially fans back in Celtic win the matches. Take the point of them and give killie all three. That’s a punishment not postponement ! You can better your bottom dollar if it had been Rangers they would be harsh punishment.

That's not really a punishment. Where's the scrutiny of the club?

First challenge for our squad, we have just been handed a huge advantage here.

We could potentially be 11 points ahead of them before their next league game, so we have to make this count.

This news should be firing our players right up for this.

So what about Killie's games then? If we are following the rules surely their matches tomorrow and Saturday should also be off?

On another note this is a massive opportunity for us to apply some early season pressure. We must win the 3 games we play before the tims play again.

Back