Boli Bolingoli was eligible to play but the issues is he was not allowed to play under agreed government guidance

Rangers4ever1971

yes a play on words but we need to be clear and concise on this matter

this is the issue he was not ineligible.

He was not allowed to play under the current government agreed guidance signed by all the clubs the Scottish government and Public Health Authority

last night on SSB (i know) this was getting batted back by keviens and its a play of words but that is why he is good at his job

this is the line we must use the ineligible bit is not true and the argument will be batted back down every time

Semantics but I’m waiting to see what the SPFL do to the club and the player.

The player at very least should be on the end of a ban from the SPFL for knowingly playing when he should have been in quarantine. ( although it could be argued that his omission from the squad might be advantageous to the scum).

In my opinion the club should also be fined for playing a player who should not have been on the field whether they knew about it or not. They have a responsibility to ensure that their team do not risk the health of other teams by making sure that their COVID protocols are robust and in this case it would seem that they have not been, whether this was a deliberate act or my negligence on their part.

Semantics but I’m waiting to see what the SPFL do to the club and the player.

The player at very least should be on the end of a ban from the SPFL for knowingly playing when he should have been in quarantine. ( although it could be argued that his omission from the squad might be advantageous to the scum).

In my opinion the club should also be fined for playing a player who should not have been on the field whether they knew about it or not. They have a responsibility to ensure that their team do not risk the health of other teams by making sure that their COVID protocols are robust and in this case it would seem that they have not been, whether this was a deliberate act or my negligence on their part.

Ignorance by Celtc on their players previous whereabouts is no excuse, mate. The reality is that he was on the pitch at Rugby Park when he should have been in isolation. They broke the rules. If that mob want to bin their player, then that is between them and him.

Ignorance by Celtc on their players previous whereabouts is no excuse, mate. The reality is that he was on the pitch at Rugby Park when he should have been in isolation. They broke the rules. If that mob want to bin their player, then that is between them and him.
If you read what I wrote that’s exactly what I said.

Mate do you honestly belive that no one at Celtic knew he had buggered off to Spain for a couple of days . When he got back not one person asked him if he had a good few days off.does no one at Celtic speak to each other.

The fact is that his own actions by flying to Spain put him out of commission for 2 weeks; where was he at the weekend?, in the house like he should have been or firing in crosses to try and get the paedos a winner? If he had of contributed to their winning goal and the result still stood then im sorry but thats absolutely comical.

If there is no punishment then going forward any player/club can also break the rules and protocols without fear of punishment. The only sanction would be from Nippy closing the game down

Which is another note on the list of reasons Doncaster should be out the door.

Failure to write the CoVid rules into the laws of the game for this season is astonishingly incompetent - especially after the abject shambles of a summer they had around their rules and rulebook and legal challenges/infighting.

Basic day dot simple logic stuff to ensure they had rules and penalties for breaches clearly written prior to kick-off.

yes a play on words but we need to be clear and concise on this matter

this is the issue he was not ineligible.

He was not allowed to play under the current government agreed guidance signed by all the clubs the Scottish government and Public Health Authority

last night on SSB (i know) this was getting batted back by keviens and its a play of words but that is why he is good at his job

this is the line we must use the ineligible bit is not true and the argument will be batted back down every time
He should have been self isolating mate. So he was ineligible to play .this Celtic knew nothing about it.no one talks to each other at Celtic I take it.the dressing room is full of people who can,t talk.they have plenty to say in the papers.

Mate do you honestly belive that no one at Celtic knew he had buggered off to Spain for a couple of days . When he got back not one person asked him if he had a good few days off.does no one at Celtic speak to each other.

We know what that scumbag club are all about, mate. The reason why they are ragin' is that there is no usual get out victim card to play, which is why they've thrown their player under the bus. Killie should be awarded a 3-0 win, which is what that mob would be asking for if it was a Killie player on the pitch when he shouldn't have been. The media would be 100 % behind them in their demands for " justice ".

If there is no punishment then going forward any player/club can also break the rules and protocols without fear of punishment. The only sanction would be from Nippy closing the game down
Correct. For people who think the point they won should not be deducted then you are sleep walking. If the club have no punishment then it is just as easy for them to repeat it should they want sturgeon to step in and close the game down when they get too far behind.

Its hard to believe. But it's equally hard to believe that they would then have him at training and bring him on as an 87th minute substitute. As somebody said last night, Lawwell and Lennon are alot of things but stupid isn't one of them.

This is where we are our own worst enemy. I know this is the attitude we have always had, but where has that got us? They jump on every little thing we do and we are just like, oh forget them, focus on us. But that achieves nothing.
They also try and drag other clubs and people into it as well . It's we made a mistake but we ate not the only ones.

Its hard to believe. But it's equally hard to believe that they would then have him at training and bring him on as an 87th minute substitute. As somebody said last night, Lawwell and Lennon are alot of things but stupid isn't one of them.
The thing is mate they run the game in Scotland. They don,t think that rules apply to them.they have the media under control in Scotland that print the Celtic line .you just have to look at the cover up of child abuse at Celtic. How little coverage that has been in certain papers. Look how the media have put forward the separate entity line as one of the best examples of what I am on about .How much research would it take your average journalist to debunk this myth.

The thing is mate they run the game in Scotland. They don,t think that rules apply to them.they have the media under control in Scotland that print the Celtic line .you just have to look at the cover up of child abuse at Celtic. How little coverage that has been in certain papers. Look how the media have put forward the separate entity line as one of the best examples of what I am on about .How much research would it take your average journalist to debunk this myth.

But why would they risk their whole squad getting Covid, and possibly Killie's too? I could maybe see your point if it was Edouard or something. But Bolingoli? They'd just tell him to f*ck off into isolation. No way do they chance it for a wee diddy squad player as an 87th minute sub.

But why would they risk their whole squad getting Covid, and possibly Killie's too? I could maybe see your point if it was Edouard or something. But Bolingoli? They'd just tell him to f*ck off into isolation. No way do they chance it for a wee diddy squad player as an 87th minute sub.
It's a fair point you are making mate.as I,'ve said this no one knew .apart from big jock. Seems a bit on the thin side to me.

Reactions: TN8
Ineligible (adjective) - Legally or officially unable to be considered for a position or benefit.

Sorry OP, no matter how they try to twist or spin it, the above definition proves that he was ineligible to play. The only argument is whether it was the Government or the SPFL who made him ineligible to play, but the end result is the exact same......

He was ineligible to play!

They wouldn't have had him in the squad for Killie if they were aware he had been to Spain. Wouldn't have had him training with the rest of the squad. He'd have been put straight into quarantine. Why take the risk of infecting the whole squad for the sake of a shite 2nd choice left back?

They wouldn't have had him in the squad for Killie if they were aware he had been to Spain. He'd have been put straight into quarantine. Why take the risk of infecting the whole squad for the sake of a shite 2nd choice left back?
So you honestly belive mate that no one at Celtic knew he was off to Spain. The player never said anything to his team mates . They player dosn,t watch the news read newspapers. Celtic have never mentioned that if you travel to certain countries then you have to self isolate.you may well be right mate just seems a bit strange to me.

Ineligible (adjective) - Legally or officially unable to be considered for a position or benefit.

Sorry OP, no matter how they try to twist or spin it, the above definition proves that he was ineligible to play. The only argument is whether it was the Government or the SPFL who made him ineligible to play, but the end result is the exact same......

He was ineligible to play!

The law of the land has penalised him (£480 fine) in line with the legislation.

The SPFL laws of the game do not legislate for breach of quarantine in relation to player eligibility. Unless you can show where they do. I've yet to see anything in the rulebook that says his eligibility to play was affected by the fact he should've been in quarantine. That's the hard reality - the SPFL can't penalise the club for breaking their eligibility criteria if he didn't break it.

They wouldn't have had him in the squad for Killie if they were aware he had been to Spain. Wouldn't have had him training with the rest of the squad. He'd have been put straight into quarantine. Why take the risk of infecting the whole squad for the sake of a shite 2nd choice left back?

Correct!!!

I am fairly certain that the Tims are looking into sacking him. Not a "in the know" post but just some whispers from my pals who are senior lawyers at firms who advise celtic

Playing around with the words so Celtic avoid punishment. If it were us, there would be screaming for our matches to be forfeited 0-3 and we all know it,

Two weeks into the season and they have had the whole shitstorm with the thumb being a fat bastard, thumb having a party, Boliboliboli fucking off to Spain getting their games cancelled and dropped two points at killie.

On the hand we have won both games comfortably without conceding aswell as roofe and itten to get upto speed :D its fucking great to watch.

So you honestly belive mate that no one at Celtic knew he was off to Spain. The player never said anything to his team mates . They player dosn,t watch the news read newspapers. Celtic have never mentioned that if you travel to certain countries then you have to self isolate.you may well be right mate just seems a bit strange to me.

The whole thing is strange but the lad is clearly a chancer!!

On a positive, this will have sent a shuddering message to NL that his players don’t listen to him. May be one player but he does not know that!!

On a positive, this will have sent a shuddering message to NL that his players don’t listen to him. May be one player but he does not know that!!
As you,'ve said mate seems a bit strange.

Did Legia Warsaws manager know that the sub he put on was inelligble to play? No, but he put him on and it cost them millions.

Celtic need to be punished as Legia were. A 3-0 win to St Mirren, a 3-0 win to Kilmarnock and a "nil point" for both Celtic & Aberdeen for Saturday with both teams having 3 goals added to goals against. The only sensible punishment.

Two weeks into the season and they have had the whole shitstorm with the thumb being a fat bastard, thumb having a party, Boliboliboli fucking off to Spain getting their games cancelled and dropped two points at killie.

On the hand we have won both games comfortably without conceding aswell as roofe and itten to get upto speed :D its fucking great to watch.
You forgot to mention the French Kris Boyd trying to punch the killie player mate.

The SPFL laws of the game do not legislate for breach of quarantine in relation to player eligibility. Unless you can show where they do. I've yet to see anything in the rulebook that says his eligibility to play was affected by the fact he should've been in quarantine. That's the hard reality - the SPFL can't penalise the club for breaking their eligibility criteria if he didn't break it.

The SPFL and SFA would dig through their current rulebook to find anything related to endangering players well being to hammer us if we were involved. They would not let an opportunity like this to pass without being taken, guaranteed.

The Celtc player knew he was ineligible to play at Rugby Park due to Covid 19 rules, yet he did, and his club should be punished. That they aren't is just more open cheating by the SPFL in their favour, as is their silence on Edouard not being cited for violent conduct when raising his hands to an opponent.
I can’t believe they don’t go through a list of questions prior to every game,was at Specsavers before it opened up to the public and they had some amount of procedures in place prior to it .

I am fairly certain that the Tims are looking into sacking him. Not a "in the know" post but just some whispers from my pals who are senior lawyers at firms who advise celtic
Then hope that’s the end of the matter but we all know already that’s that.

Anyone actually knows what the guidelines / rules of the SPFL regarding fielding ineligible players is?

They have a few pages regarding the Covid-19 tests and a lot of "must"s in there, but not a word about penalties and sanctions.

I take it that Bolingoli was tested before the game as usual?

As for Celtic (or indeed any club), they acted totally irresponsible with regard to where their players were before a game, which should receive a sanction of its own.
Aberdeen's party is a slightly different matter, as they did not play a game shortly after breaking the rules.

So did not a single player ask Bolingoli what he was up to when off? Did he not say to anyone I was off to Spain? Did not say to a single teammate that he had been on a jolly.

Paedo Dome is the house of secrets,

He should have been in quarantine. He was not permitted to go to work for 14 days. He is employed as a footballer by Celtc FC, so it follows that he cannot play football. That makes him ineligible, by the definition of the word.

I get your point that there is no specific SPFL/SFA rule to cover this. However, there are rules which cover bringing the game into disrepute, not acting in the interests of the game or other clubs etc. Any of those could easily be adapted to cover this situation.

He should have been in quarantine. He was not permitted to go to work for 14 days. He is employed as a footballer by Celtc FC, so it follows that he cannot play football. That makes him ineligible, by the definition of the word.

I get your point that there is no specific SPFL/SFA rule to cover this. However, there are rules which cover bringing the game into disrepute, not acting in the interests of the game or other clubs etc. Any of those could easily be adapted to cover this situation.

It is not yet confirmed that there is no rule

All we have is the Covid JRG statement halting their matches. It is covid related admin and has no disciplinary remit

There has been no disciplinary anything from the SFA. Not even a disrepute charge.

Until then we are left guessing and await someone actually challenging it

That press conference he did,
Train
Home
Play
Home
Spain
Home

We should have figured it oot when muttered he that

Well they certainly ain't bright. One of their players left the country, in a pandemic, and they didn't even know??
Probably more arrogance than stupidity right enough. They are untouchable and they know it.

Last edited:

Your pals must take client confidentiality seriously! I would thought Fat Rod would be looking after this personally.

Where are the sfa/spfl in all this. Just a couple of weeks ago they were all for hammering us when there was a rumour of playing without covid results or something. Their silence is deafening and,as it's celtic very much expected.

Back