Football fans to return to stadiums next month

Deaths are down and cases are down. its about time all this Covid nonsense was put to bed.
I know someone who had Covid and was in intensive care , they have been home for a few weeks now but are still recovering from the long term effects it has had. I also knew three people who have died from Covid.
It is hardly nonsense !
This is exactly the attitude that has caused and will continue to cause new outbreaks and prevent the return of football supporters in the long term.

I'll be stunned if there is anything other than very small, partial crowds let in until at least 2 or 3 more months. It would be completely against everything wee sturgeon has said all along.

So what ae you basing facts on jum? I'm serving with military on op rescript! We have dealt with the pandemic since lockdown started in March. i have friends doctors, nurses that have been at the forefront of the pandemic also!
Where has your info come from The internet?

Unlike you I've not claimed to have posted any facts.

You've said the government has said there is a guarantee of a second wave. They've not.

You've said it is a fact we've been told there will be no fans in stadiums before October. Untrue.

Is it the military who are deciding when crowds will be returning?

I'm not calling you a liar but it sounds like you've pulled your "facts" from hysterical middle aged women on Facebook.

I serve in the military working on op rescript, i actually see what's in front of us. Added to that i have friends working in the NHS doctors and nurses, so no not doom and gloom on the tv! I bet your'e one of those that doesn't think there will be a recession!
I serve in the Military also and have been in work every day since this began. I also have friends who work in the NHS as doctors and nurses and the panic you speak of is not on their horizon. Of course there will be a recession it is impossible for there not to be. Please don't try and use the fact your in the military and have friends who work in the NHS as justification for what you post.

Sooner or later people are going to have to start living their lives again within reason,
If we don't crack on working/spending etc the country will be properly fucked, if there was going to be a serious 2nd spike it would be here in big numbers by now given all the protests/demonstrations/anti demonstrations that have been attended by many 1000's of people in the past 3 months.
The talking heads seem to be willing a 2nd spike just to say I told you.
Get on with your life bears.

Nationalist propaganda mate. England have opened up a bit, the same as Scotland essentially, and the virus is still declining and becoming less lethal (this is either because of more testing finding more mild cases, it’s mutating, we’ve reached a level of community immunity or we’re treating it better in hospital ...or perhaps all of these things).

Here’s two facts I like to share with people who’ve been unnecessarily terrified by all of this

1. You’re more likely to die of being Scottish (average life expectancy 77) than of COVID (predominant case fatality is over 80)

2. since June more people have been dying of the flu in the UK than COVID. And there’s plenty of evidence that the latter number has been inflated and these will include normal elderly deaths from pneumonia etc that are being counted as COVID

so, yes, we should be getting back to cautious normality ASAP before more people die of suicide, untreated cancer and heart disease than COVID.

the only way this will happen is if the public take an interest and wise up
Absolutely 100% correct on every point. Everyone panicking about Covid and not giving a toss about other long term illnesses including Mental Health.

Sooner or later people are going to have to start living their lives again within reason,
If we don't crack on working/spending etc the country will be properly fucked, if there was going to be a serious 2nd spike it would be here in big numbers by now given all the protests/demonstrations/anti demonstrations that have been attended by many 1000's of people in the past 3 months.
The talking heads seem to be willing a 2nd spike just to say I told you.
Get on with your life bears.
The 2nd wave spreaders are willing it to happen not just to say i told you so but also so they can remain on Furlough getting paid to sit at home. The sooner Furlough ends the better, but then the realisation will kick in that once it does people wont have jobs to go back too.

If all goes well down South, she can’t possibly say no to fans in stadiums, she basically follows suit with directives from down South, just with her own slant on it.

All has been ok with gyms reopening in England 6 weeks ago, we are still a month away from them reopening up here. Don’t bet on her following the rest of the UK in any rush.

I go home and away every game, ofcourse I want to be at the games but I think it would be crazy to have fans back next month. That's just my opinion though lads.

At the very max I would expect 17000 to get access to Ibrox which is almost a third or our capacity.

In exceptional times we need a one fix workable solution - so all season tickets holders are put in a ballot on a game by game basis.

The ticket office could be pro active now and send out mass emails to all season ticket holders to feed back friendships so when the game by game ballot is made fans get to go with their usual friends or family. Appreciate that is easier said than done but it is possible.

People can go on all they want about paying more for their season ticket or having paid extra for MyGers or having followed Rangers for 40 years but we are all in this together and should respect the fact we are all desperate to get back to see our team play.

All correct . I’ve relatives in the NHS and they have been told to prepare for October into November to have no days off again . And it’s ongoing . It’s desperately sad , but perspective please bears .
Well thats illegal for a start, unless they bring in emergency laws which force you to work every day of the week.

Staff did do plenty of overtime and extra shifts during the 'first wave', and also changed off duty at a moment's notice, but no one was told they werent getting days off.

You renewed your book knowing full well there was little chance of you getting into Ibrox until January at the earliest .

the problem is that like others in hospitality we have been told we are getting refunds based on a 30 game season so around £50 per game back (£1500 roughly for ticket) that is played behind closed doors. It’s a brave board that is going to refund me but not 1000s of others who have paid a lot of money and made huge sacrifices

I saw someone out on driving lessons in Carntyne the other day.

In fact I’ve seen loads of learners out. Are the instructors just taking people out off their own back and ignoring the Fist Munster?

Could be ‘key workers’ or instructors’at it’. Not long now, so not worth risking the badge.

Of course there will be are you mad to think there won't be! People are already going about business as if it's done and dusted. Wait till the flu season kicks in. Even Governments have acknowledged there will be a second wave, but jimmy jazz knows better.
I agree with all you have said and can even envisage a second round of infections. But and its a very important but, we now have control of the care home situation. That accounted for 30-40% of deaths in the UK. That will not happen again. We have medics and carers being tested so they wont infect their patients in hospitals. Those deaths wont happen again. That protects huge swathes of those that are at risk. The second wave may even infect more people than the first. . But it isnt going to kill them.

the problem is that like others in hospitality we have been told we are getting refunds based on a 30 game season so around £50 per game back (£1500 roughly for ticket) that is played behind closed doors. It’s a brave board that is going to refund me but not 1000s of others who have paid a lot of money and made huge sacrifices
We have, but we made these sacrifices with our eyes open, we all knew we weren’t getting value for money and would get the VST for at least part of the season.

The board don’t need to offer refunds, the games are being played and we are getting to see them under the terms we knew about.

Can only see a refund being necessary if the season is stopped again.

I agree with all you have said and can even envisage a second round of infections. But and its a very important but, we now have control of the care home situation. That accounted for 30-40% of deaths in the UK. That will not happen again. We have medics and carers being tested so they wont infect their patients in hospitals. Those deaths wont happen again. That protects huge swathes of those that are at risk. The second wave may even infect more people than the first. . But it isnt going to kill them.
I agree with that completely, but there are some on here that live in a parallel universe.
To think stadiums will be full in Oct is madness.

When this happens, it's not like things go back to normal which means it's actually a lot harder than people think.

Social distancing coming down the club deck stairs?

Social distancing in the queue to get in?

Wearing a mask the entire game?

Walking along the PRW before/after the game 1m apart?

Got shambles written all over it.

Well thats illegal for a start, unless they bring in emergency laws which force you to work every day of the week.

Staff did do plenty of overtime and extra shifts during the 'first wave', and also changed off duty at a moment's notice, but no one was told they werent getting days off.

Apologies I should’ve clarified holidays not days off .

I reckon we will be one of the stadiums used for test events with the lucky fans able to attend wearing a mask.

Hopefully it all runs smoothly and we are all able to get to a few games. Hopefully they'll be fair about it and it be names out of a hat like the away tickets used to be and everyone who has bought a season ticket has a chance of getting in
Aye, Cetic park and they all get to wear a balaclava and sing what they want as you'll never be able to prove who sung what.

He probably means leave mate. rotas will be run as per.

There seems to be a lot of confusion around an alleged 2nd Wave. Seasonal Flu over the winter will no doubt push up the amount of people that are ill, however it cannot be classed as Covid 19. In my opinion this has had it's pound of flesh and is now mutating into no more than severe Flu. It's fairly simple to police if you don't feel well don't go out. I realise that it's easier said than done. You cannot continue to keep a country living in fear, is a simple mathematical fact that if you test more people for something you will find more people with that something. There has been a small rise in cases but deaths have dropped off the edge of a cliff and long may that continue. People need to get on with their lives instead of awaiting a vaccine of which there is no guarantee will work . Even the News has moved on from it being a headline as they can no longer peddle the fear of previous months.

Apologies I should’ve clarified holidays not days off .
Haha fair enough.

I think social distancing would be quite easy in all seated stadia. Just let in a third of the crowd or so then space everyone out. Pubs transport etc all have measures in place to stop overcrowding so these shouldn't be an issue either.

Haha fair enough.

I think social distancing would be quite easy in all seated stadia. Just let in a third of the crowd or so then space everyone out. Pubs transport etc all have measures in place to stop overcrowding so these shouldn't be an issue either.

We have been told what the plans are when fans return -- two empty seats between each fan and then two empty rows in front.

If all goes well down South, she can’t possibly say no to fans in stadiums, she basically follows suit with directives from down South, just with her own slant on it.

Not a fan of sturgeon and the SNP, but to be honest it's probably the best way to do it. But can't deny it's probably got a huge dose of political motivation to it.

Now comes the tricky part...

Who gets in and who doesnt?
Logically its done by seating areas and ensure folk spread out.
EG. Open CD 5 but fans are told to use CD4 & 5 and leave at least 2 or 3 seats and one row clear.
Next home game open CD 4 and fans are told to use 4 & 5 etc.
If you don't go to a game when your section is open then too bad.
This is off the top my head as I don't know if one section into two would be sufficient, it may have to be one section into three?
Would be simpler than trying to draw ballots. At least if your section is open more chance of going to games with mate/family member.

Hopefully we will see a phased return October time.

Not sure of the logic of saying January 21 will be the earliest, presuming the virus is still around you would imagine the numbers in january would be higher than September/October time.

Highly doubt it. We won’t be the only country that doesn’t experience massive increases in infection rates. With schools now back and us not having seen the effect of easing lockdown restrictions on the spread of the virus, I think we’ll be seeing hundreds on new cases daily up here very soon.

We’re not ready to open the world yet.

That's what she has done all along and the cultists applaud her like trained monkeys. She will follow suit but in a sort of Scottish way.

Feel sorry for our season ticket holders, but hope it continues way into next year and strangles the funds of the plastic pitch diddy clubs who have such a big say in Scottish football and kills them off forever. The herd needs thinning, it's natural selection and only the strong will survive.

Christ, Sturgeon's just ordered that the volume is turned off on TVs in pubs so that people don't talk loudly.

Can't go to the game, almost pointles going to a pub to watch it, all hoping that folks just stay in the hoose.

I think we are a very, very long way away from any attendance you might call a 'crowd' at any football game in Scotland.

Agree with this. Look at the chaos that's been caused in recent weeks by actual players. They're not going to introduce fans into the mix anytime soon.
I think they will, just not full houses for a long time.

The World Snooker final is allowing fans in as a test event.

As long as the players don’t do anything stupid then Jason Leitch said he was looking at next month.

Genuinely can’t see 50,000 back at Ibrox until next season depressingly enough though.

They would have to completely rethink how people get to and from Ibrox. Even with a hugely reduced capacity. No doubt they do have ideas but I can’t see how 15 to 20 thousand people could get there by public transport or private buses in a socially distanced manner.

Could be something as ridiculous, yet feasible, that only ST holders registered as living within walking distance get first invites to games as a kind of test bed.
That makes sense local fans first.
thank God I'm local

As much as i am desperate to get back i expect we will be back in lockdown fairly fast once the large scale gatherings are back.
The problem being until a vaccine has been developed we are going to have to need to deal with restrictions/lockdowns for the forseeable future.

There seems to be a lot of confusion around an alleged 2nd Wave. Seasonal Flu over the winter will no doubt push up the amount of people that are ill, however it cannot be classed as Covid 19. In my opinion this has had it's pound of flesh and is now mutating into no more than severe Flu. It's fairly simple to police if you don't feel well don't go out. I realise that it's easier said than done. You cannot continue to keep a country living in fear, is a simple mathematical fact that if you test more people for something you will find more people with that something. There has been a small rise in cases but deaths have dropped off the edge of a cliff and long may that continue. People need to get on with their lives instead of awaiting a vaccine of which there is no guarantee will work . Even the News has moved on from it being a headline as they can no longer peddle the fear of previous months.
It’s a coronavirus, and entirely unrelated to flu. It’s a simple fact that both influenza and coronavirus infections increase in Winter as there is more of both in circulation. There’s zero evidence to suggest SARS-CoV-2 will behave any differently from other coronaviruses.

I think it’s incredible to believe that we will be the only country to not experience a surge in infections as the effects of easing restrictions continues to be seen. We’ve simply not had enough time pass to assess this properly and the reason deaths haven’t yet increased again is two-fold: younger people behaving irresponsibly (encouraged by both stupidity in UKGov/SG opening up pubs/restaurants) who are less likely to be severely ill and older people still being effectively shielded from the virus.

We need to prepare for a serious second wave in winter as well as spikes over the next few months and that means being very cautious about what we open and how.

All will not go well in England they have plans already for another lock down this winter, getting a game in October will be a miracle.

Back