Football fans to return to stadiums next month

I've no idea how they can pick who gets to go to each game for us as it obviously wont be large numbers in stadiums for a while.

To be completely honest, If say 20k got into stadium and the other near 30k didnt, I would want at least a 50% refund on my ST price levied against the next ST for 21/22.

I’ll be honest, the thought of attending a game having to wear a mask, no singing, shouting etc just doesn’t appeal to me

Would rather wait until everyone can return in full as normal

England as just storming ahead regardless - as much as I want to see fans back in stadiums this seems like madness.
I have to agree.
With surges in Spain since rules were relaxed, even in the height of summer. I can't see how they can possibly come to this decision.

Honestly, this is probably the wrong attitude, and not a good sign about the team. But I think BCD benefits us. Our fans are really bad a getting on the teams back if they aren't winning 10 nil after a minute and it does affect the team and put them under more pressure.

Seems to me a lot of people are sticking their heads in the sand and acting as if covid 19 has gone away . Cases are surging across Europe again and it’s still Decimating countries like USA , Brazil and India . Even New Zealand after 3 months with zero cases have an outbreak .

I cannot see any realm of possibility where in Scotland football crowds will be allowed before January or even this season . The schools come first and that’s already like a social experiment as they have no idea how it will work out regarding transmission .

As a reality check to myself, I expected to attend a funeral today of someone I’ve known most of my life only to be told due to restricted numbers re covid, I can’t attend. I will go and stand outside the house as a mark of respect as they leave but it brings it home to me where we still are .

Clearly?

You honestly reckon we'll get fans inside grounds around the same time as being proposed for down South?

I wouldn’t rule it out, if they are allowing fans in grounds in England from a September, there would be no reason to deny Scottish fans, albeit a few weeks later.

As mentioned previously, it wasn’t so long ago on here, literally dozens of folk were telling us it was absolute fantasy to suggest there would be football of any kind this year.

They would have to completely rethink how people get to and from Ibrox. Even with a hugely reduced capacity. No doubt they do have ideas but I can’t see how 15 to 20 thousand people could get there by public transport or private buses in a socially distanced manner.

Could be something as ridiculous, yet feasible, that only ST holders registered as living within walking distance get first invites to games as a kind of test bed.

Clearly?

You honestly reckon we'll get fans inside grounds around the same time as being proposed for down South?
Jason Leitch was on tv yesterday talking about it.

He said he has it written in pencil to start allowing some fans back next month but it’s by no means guaranteed.
Also said recent events with players haven’t helped, so anymore breaches will torpedo the idea I reckon. Hopefully all players are on their best behaviour now.

This won't happen. Numbers are increasing all over Europe again - hence the increasing number of countries removed from the 'travel corridors' - and that's before we even start to reach the colder months where its expected to get worse again.

Attendance at sporting, and other events such as theatres, will be way down the priorities list - despite endless bleating from media 'luvvies' about theatres and the likes closing.

Your posting all sorts of facts and guarantees when in reality there no facts and guarantees to anything you are saying.
The fact was Oct is the earliest we would have got back! Stop being a pedant! Whereas your'e on a wing and a prayer.

I saw someone out on driving lessons in Carntyne the other day.

In fact I’ve seen loads of learners out. Are the instructors just taking people out off their own back and ignoring the Fist Munster?
The only lessons that should be getting done just now are for key workers only.

This won't happen. Numbers are increasing all over Europe again - hence the increasing number of countries removed from the 'travel corridors' - and that's before we even start to reach the colder months where its expected to get worse again.

Attendance at sporting, and other events such as theatres, will be way down the priorities list - despite endless bleating from media 'luvvies' about theatres and the likes closing.

All correct . I’ve relatives in the NHS and they have been told to prepare for October into November to have no holidays or extra days off again . And it’s ongoing . It’s desperately sad , but perspective please bears .

Last edited:
We will have supporters back in around November/December. If we keep a national R number down. At the moment it's apparently 1.30 but that may be a local number which is used by the government Nationally. Clubs in Scotland will be finished if there's no supporters. FWW I doubt we will see away fans till after January.

Utter bollocks. There's no guarantee whatsoever of a second wave.

James Bisgrove said there could be a phased return of fans late August/September.

Again, no-one knows for sure.
Of course there will be are you mad to think there won't be! People are already going about business as if it's done and dusted. Wait till the flu season kicks in. Even Governments have acknowledged there will be a second wave, but jimmy jazz knows better.

Would be suprised if there wasn't a full house at the piggary in October when we play them

Of course there will be are you mad to think there won't be! People are already going about business as if it's done and dusted. Wait till the flu season kicks in. Even Governments have acknowledged there will be a second wave, but jimmy jazz knows better.
[/QUO
2021 - not a day before. That's the reality.
Based on what exactly? BBC and Sky News Covid doom & gloom reports?

The issue really isn’t the number of people and social distancing it’s the shouting and singing that seems to worry scientists right now.
I would love to be back next month but honestly can’t see it until next year

Apologies for the scum link, few other social media sites running with it too.

Sounds like 'fun'. Severely limited numbers, no shouting, no singing. I wonder if they will play crowd noise, like on tv, into the stadia?:rolleyes: Pie-in-the-sky as far as I'm concerned.

England as just storming ahead regardless - as much as I want to see fans back in stadiums this seems like madness.
Nationalist propaganda mate. England have opened up a bit, the same as Scotland essentially, and the virus is still declining and becoming less lethal (this is either because of more testing finding more mild cases, it’s mutating, we’ve reached a level of community immunity or we’re treating it better in hospital ...or perhaps all of these things).

Here’s two facts I like to share with people who’ve been unnecessarily terrified by all of this

1. You’re more likely to die of being Scottish (average life expectancy 77) than of COVID (predominant case fatality is over 80)

2. since June more people have been dying of the flu in the UK than COVID. And there’s plenty of evidence that the latter number has been inflated and these will include normal elderly deaths from pneumonia etc that are being counted as COVID

so, yes, we should be getting back to cautious normality ASAP before more people die of suicide, untreated cancer and heart disease than COVID.

the only way this will happen is if the public take an interest and wise up

Hahaha what absolute hysterical pish. You're plucking these "facts" out of your arse.

Jason Leitch has stated test events with limited crowds will take place in September to trial one way systems and various other restrictions that will need to be in place.

I think there has obviously been some sort of verbal communication to those in charge of Scottish football that crowds will likely be back in October.

It’s no coincidence that last seasons Scottish cup semis, our trip to the piggery and the lower leagues that have no tv deals so rely on crowds are all pencilled in for October.

He emphasised these dates were "indicative" (im sure thats the word he used), meaning nothing is decided and possibly likely to change.

I don't see any full capacities till theres a vaccine thats widely administered

God there are some right miserable buggers on here :D

So what if it’s limited numbers, it’s a start, it’s a route back to some normality, it’s the same as the moaners who go on about the bcd matches, yes it’s not the same, it doesn’t feel right and all that pish, but it’s all we have at the minute, Rangers are back playing and we can watch our team again.

There is not a hope in hell Sturgeon will give the go ahead.

1. She is power crazy and is loving having the power of people and communities.
2. She hates football and football fans.
3. She will be shitting it cases rise rapidly, while hoping they do when the English go back in.

She will wait until December at the most for 1k +

It will then be done in stages, 1k+ for a coupld of games, 5k+ for a couple of games.

We will be lucky to see 20k+ in a stadium this season

Long drawn out process here. Can you imagine the girning on here when the gold mygers members dont get in first

MyGers shouldn’t have any baring on it tbh. If it’s limited numbers, ST holders will just need to be randomly balloted

Hahaha what absolute hysterical pish. You're plucking these "facts" out of your arse.
So what ae you basing facts on jum? I'm serving with military on op rescript! We have dealt with the pandemic since lockdown started in March. i have friends doctors, nurses that have been at the forefront of the pandemic also!
Where has your info come from The internet?

Can't see it.

A couple of people in Aberdeen caused the whole city to be locked down by the Fuhrer.

I honestly cannot see when we'll have a sold out Ibrox again.

Back