Merch Castore sack Hermes as couriers

Whilst it is good that they’re already taking measures to improve things, I think the statement should have acknowledged that it’s not just Hermes customer service that has fallen below acceptable standards. Personally, I’ve not had a bas experience of Castore either for Rangers gear or stuff I’ve bought from them in the past, but there are too many stories of ignored emails and very overdue replies to fans who haven’t received what they’ve paid for.

I think the statement would get far more goodwill from affected fans if it had been more up front about Castore and Rangers customer service levels and not simply Hermes.

Been infiltrated with the filth so best for us .

Hopefully they sue them for the 2000 or so damaged tops.

I can't help think Castore went for the cheapest option which very rarely works.
If DHL were eating into the profits too much due to volume they could have looked at companies like DPD who have a fabulous tracking system etc.
This fiasco will have taken away a lot of good faith people had in them.
Let's face it, a lot of Bears predicted something like this would happen.

Over 100,000 packages being delivered is a Tremendous achievement.

I wonder if the 3% would have been a lot lower if the packaging didn’t have Rangers logo’s on it?

You stay on the moon?

They are an abomination of a company.
Shocking service and even worse customer services.
I will not order anything from a company who use them.
Not defending them at all mate, it's just my anecdotal experience.

London area so maybe that has something to do with it

They need to issue a statement and let us know if it is about delivery damage issues or service.
If it is about damaged goods then they need to call for a criminal investigation.

Hermes are actually the best courier by far in my area

Really odd as have heard horror stories about them for years

Have to say it’s the same for us down here in North Wales. Local depot is about 70 miles away but it’s the same lady, who lives local to us, who does all our deliveries. Always been excellent, on time and goods received undamaged.

Correct course of action from Castore. Hopefully they get some recompense from Hermes and Hermes, in turn, find and sack the bastards that did the damage.

Erm Castore supply the wrapped and addressed product for Hermes to deliver.

That they could not foresee the problems of Rangers marked packaging suggests incompetence.

This amounts to victim shaming. We shouldn't expect anything with our crest on it to be criminally damaged.

On a side note, 3% is a low number all things considered. Now folk on here can stop bashing our new, wonderful supplier

Great to see that Castore and indeed Rangers have acted swiftly and decisively on this matter.
Considering that this is the biggest venture they've ever entered into I have to admire their professionalism in sorting out a problem that could potentially have tarnished their reputation for some time to come.
Well played Castore!

What happens if you are in the process of returning faulty goods and currently in the Hermes system?.....

I trust all the package assassins will be sacked by this company when identified. In every walk of life these vermin cannot control themselves to do their jobs in a professional manner.
Blinded by hatred.

If i'd known prior to ordering the Hermes was involved I'd have thought twice. I've had stuff left at my door by them.

To be fair I had some Hungarian fella called Bartok who was fine.

Over two weeks now and no refund.

Hermes track my parcel states; Your parcel is on its way back to the retailer. Please contact your retailer for any further confirmation.

It doesn't take over two weeks to return a parcel to Castore via Hermes and the £3.05/£3.15 returns fee is a joke.

ASOS use Hermes, their parcels come next day, delivery is free and refunds hit your account days after returning items.

Hermes are actually the best courier by far in my area

Really odd as have heard horror stories about them for years
its not hermes as a company per se its the companies that deliver those packages and the drivers they have

Excellent stuff.

Deranged tims have just cost Hermes what I would imagine would have been quite a substantial contract.
I despise celtic, their fans, what they stand for, absolutely everything about them but it would not have entered my mind as a driver to do what they have.
Bitter, bigoted scum.
They are unemployable.

Surely only a matter of time before Hermes are run out of business, an absolutely farce of a business.
I’ve thought that for a while. No idea how an organisation so utterly incompetent at everything they do can stay in business. Glad we’ve got rid of them.

Bought
Hermes are absolute dog shite.

Any average eBayer could have told them that.
a new trowel for work off of e Bay,Hermes delivery,e mail said Sat,no delivery,e mail Sun,deliver soon,e mail delivery between 5pm 9pm Sun evening, no delivery, e mail Mon ,prob with delivery address,e mail Tue,cant deliver,problem with delivery address, contact e Bay seller,delivered within 2 hours.
WATP

giphy.gif

Whilst it is good that they’re already taking measures to improve things, I think the statement should have acknowledged that it’s not just Hermes customer service that has fallen below acceptable standards. Personally, I’ve not had a bas experience of Castore either for Rangers gear or stuff I’ve bought from them in the past, but there are too many stories of ignored emails and very overdue replies to fans who haven’t received what they’ve paid for.

I think the statement would get far more goodwill from affected fans if it had been more up front about Castore and Rangers customer service levels and not simply Hermes.
Agreed, and they still need to get better at explaining what is going to be in stock, when. I was no 3 in the shop queue this morning and ended up with nothing more than one kids third top and 2 online returns processed as they had virtually nothing in JXL and XL upwards. Also, the web sites says opens at 10, when you get there it opens at 11; security guard was saying he was been feeding that back all week. Plenty of people left the queue when they started to get the feedback about the stock from people coming out. There has to be a better way to inform on this and avoid people wasting their time.

Not sure how Hermes are responsible for pre-orders not being sent until two weeks after they were supposed to be, especially when it's an international order that doesn't use Hermes. Or their lack of communication and customer service.

They have done a lot of good though, but maybe need to manage expectations better, their own and ours.

I’m quite lucky that our regular Hermes deliverer is a bear and we’ve never had problems. Good that Rangers and castore are no longer using them though after reading about too many bad experiences on here.

My email today for my preordered tops. They have apparently been with Hermes since Aug 2nd!

Hi
Many thanks for your email.

We are going to launch an investigation with the courier.

Please allow up to 14 days for an outcome.

If deemed lost in transit, you will be issued a full refund.

We are very sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Kind Regards,

The Customer Service Team

You have to assume it has been stolen.

So, eh my top has been with Hermes since August 2nd. Where is it now
As has mine. I emailed Castore today and I was shocked to get a reply straight away

Hi

Many thanks for your email.

We are going to launch an investigation with the courier.

Please allow up to 14 days for an outcome.

If deemed lost in transit, you will be issued a full refund.

We are very sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Kind Regards,

The Customer Service Team

Im sending a return back tomorrow with Hermes hope that will be ok?

I'm the exact same, 2 orders due to to be picked up by them tomorrow and returned to Castore...but I'm now worried that if they do get picked up they'll never make it back to the Castore Warehouse. Emailed concierge@rangersstore.co.uk to ask if I could return in store before and they replied saying to use the Hermes return method.

so Hermes are the scapegoat then? I've never been told my order was even out for delivery. Who signed off sending out our kits in branded bags ffs? Folk keep saying parcels were damaged, more likely they have been stolen for onsale. £60 a pop.

I think there will be more than one thing at play here. For starters putting it all to the courier absolves any blame on their end.

I think the truth will be somewhere in the middle where they maybe were short of stock for some lines / sizes and this is a convenient issue to hide behind.

So whilst I have no doubt Hermes were an issue, I am not so sure that is all there is to it.

Rangers packaging is going to cause problems regardless of the courier company.

Personally never had an issue with Hermes

My Hermes courier is brand new and really helpful, leaves their number to text to rearrange etc. This fiasco must have cost Hermes a fortune in covering the damaged goods, professional reputation and now loss of contract. I imagine the company that gets the contract will message their employees saying zero tolerance if they damage an item.

Slightly off topic, but those snidey rhat bh@stards have damaged a company because of their bigoted little brains.

Back