Steven Naismith set to sign for Kilmarnock

He doesn't think Naismiths position is a priority, nothing to do with injuries he picked up earlier in is career that haven't caused him any issue since.

Murty will have very little say in it unless he is to be our manager long term. It will be down to the DOF.

Hopefully he doesn’t come back to haunt us. If he is willing to come back with little cost then I don’t understand why Murty has turned the offer down.

He doesn't think Naismiths position is a priority, nothing to do with injuries he picked up earlier in is career that haven't caused him any issue since.

If that is true then we are truly fcked, our attacking options are pitiful. Naismith can play in any attacking position, and would be in the team ahead of Pena, Kranjcar, Herrera, Hardie, Dalcio and Nemane to name but a few.

If that is true then we are truly fcked, our attacking options are pitiful. Naismith can play in any attacking position, and would be in the team ahead of Pena, Kranjcar, Herrera, Hardie, Dalcio and Nemane to name but a few.
On the other hand he could just as easily be stealing a place on the treatment table from someone.

This player doesn't even believe the club still exists.
Why would we allow him back?

Let us look to the future, if we bring players in, let us do with our faces facing forwards and not back.

Too many 'uber staunch' that are quite happy to cut their noses off to spite their face, nothing more.
Is there so few players out there that we have to drop our knickers to an injury prone over thirty, who will want a top dollar wage, and who told the world that the club had ceased to exist to selfishly salve his conscience as he scurried off to grasp a signing on fee that was hugely inflated because of our problems.

A player who was prepared to trash 140 years of tradition and history and wipe his feet on the feelings of hundreds of thousands of anxious supporters because he didn't want to feel bad about his own enrichment?

Ffsake,.....just how low have we fallen in dignity as a community and as a club to even consider this wretch?

Last edited:
Naismith ahead of Kranjcar yesterday would have been a massive upgrade.
So would Kenny Miller though.
Or, Jack or Dorrans, maybe Pena and probably Jamie Barjonas as well.

Edit: having just read another thread, you could possibly add Harry Forrester to the above.

Is there so few players out there that we have to drop our knickers to an injury prone over thirty, who will want a top dollar wage, and who told the world that the club had ceased to exist to selfishly salve his conscience as he scurried off to grasp a signing on fee that was hugely inflated because of our problems.

A player who was prepared to trash 140 years of tradition and history and wipe his feet on the feelings of hundreds of thousands of anxious supporters because he didn't want to feel bad about his own enrichment?

Ffsake,.....just how low have we dropped in dignity as a community and as a club to even consider this wretch?
You forgot... A player that gave up 75% of his wages to keep people in a job.

An international player that's costing us nothing, with no risk.

A player that saw through Green well before everyone on this forum.

An interview that he had been advised to say these things in and I'll bet you a pound to a penny you don't feel the same way about Walter Smith and he said pretty much the same thing and I'd also bet you've said worse about the team, club and players over the years.

Naismith is a better option than Kranjcar, Pena, Herrera, and several other players we have at our disposal and that is just a simple FACT.

Ffsake,.....just how low have we fallen in dignity as a community and as a club to even consider this wretch?

People were clamouring for WS to return as manager so claiming we're a new club obviously isn't a barrier to people wanting you back at Rangers.

Also, people who want "top dollar wages" don't sign for Kilmarnock, if the rumour is true.

On the other hand he could just as easily be stealing a place on the treatment table from someone.

This player doesn't even believe the club still exists.
Why would we allow him back?

Let us look to the future, if we bring players in, let us do with our faces facing forwards and not back.
Would you have Walter as manager?

So would Kenny Miller though.
Or, Jack or Dorrans, maybe Pena and probably Jamie Barjonas as well.

Edit: having just read another thread, you could possibly add Harry Forrester to the above.

you could have put an empty crisp packet there , at least it would have moved around

You forgot... A player that gave up 75% of his wages to keep people in a job.

An international player that's costing us nothing, with no risk.

A player that saw through Green well before every lady's front bottom on this forum.

An interview that he had been advised to say these things in and I'll bet you a pound to a penny you don't feel the same way about Walter Smith and he said pretty much the same thing and I'd also bet you've said worse about the team, club and players over the years.

Nae Smith is a better option than Kranjcar, Pena, Herrera, and several other players we have at our disposal and that is just a simple FACT.
No, I haven't ever said worse about the club or players over the years.
But feel free to trawl through my posts.

Everything said has a context.
Naismith's context was exactly as a said above.

It was a man seeing the main chance and deciding to make himself feel better in regard to his greed.
At the very moment, he did this, no one, including him, or his scummy agent, had a clue of where the club was or where it would end up.
No one blamed him for leaving, but he did exactly as I have stated, he wiped his feet on you, me and every one of our support and trashed our history for gold.

If he was to come back to the club, I would be very disappointed, and usually, I can tolerate a lot.

If Naismith was costing millions of Murty genuinely didn't think his position was a priority I could half understand it but it's basically a free hit with no cost, for a proven player.

It makes no sense at all. Some of our football decisions over the last year have been mental.

31 isn't old for a footballer now either. He still has at least 2 or 3 really good years left in him.

I think we should step back and judge our dealings transfer wise in this window as a whole. I am not sure the board is sanctioning much as Pedro was given lee way to piss much of it down the river. The outs this window will be interesting to watch. We have abjectly failed on the whole in buying and selling. I wouldn’t expect much imho as we don’t have much and I think if we did generate fees they would not be used to strengthen. Just because Murty got us a result on Saturday doesn’t mean the board have suddenly become competent.

Would you have Walter as manager?
I don't believe the context of Walter's comment was the same.
But if this itself eases you own conscience over letting this player sneak back into Ibrox, then that is where you are in this matter.
I have stated where I am.
I can do no other.....

I don't believe the context of Walter's comment was the same.
But if this itself eases you own conscience over letting this player sneak back into Ibrox, then that is where you are in this matter.
I have stated where I am.
I can do no other.....
I don’t need it to ease my conscience, I’m mature enough to see it in the context of the time. Although we didn’t know much about big hands chuck his reputation within football was known and I certainly wouldn’t be putting my families future in his big greedy hands.
As far as the comments go, remember when the rst said liquidation would end the club’s history and the ‘sink us and we’ll sink you’ campaign against the yank who it was rumoured preferred the liquidation and newco route?
Nobody knew what would happen and everybody was coming to wrong conclusions.

No, I haven't ever said worse about the club or players over the years.
But feel free to trawl through my posts.

Everything said has a context.
Naismith's context was exactly as a said above.

It was a man seeing the main chance and deciding to make himself feel better in regard to his greed.
At the very moment, he did this, no one, including him, or his scummy agent, had a clue of where the club was or where it would end up.
No one blamed him for leaving, but he did exactly as I have stated, he wiped his feet on you, me and every one of our support and trashed our history for gold.

If he was to come back to the club, I would be very disappointed, and usually, I can tolerate a lot.

Mate, no one person batted an eye lid when Walter Smith was brought on as chairman and his comments were just as bad, in fact most punters on here were creaming themselves at the thought that he was helping Murty out, we can't slaughter one man for something and welcome back another, guilty of the same sin.

You talk about greed, in the 5 months they took a 75% pay cut, he'd have lost the best part of £300k, it was also agreed that if the club was not sold 'they' not just him would be allowed to leave on a free at the end of the season so he at no point was angling for a signing on fee as that was guaranteed.

Mate, no one person batted an eye lid when Walter Smith was brought on as chairman and his comments were just as bad, in fact most punters on here were creaming themselves at the thought that he was helping Murty out, we can't slaughter one man for something and welcome back another, guilty of the same sin.

You talk about greed, in the 5 months they took a 75% pay cut, he'd have lost the best part of £300k, it was also agreed that if the club was not sold 'they' not just him would be allowed to leave on a free at the end of the season so he at no point was angling for a signing on fee as that was guaranteed.

plenty of players left and just kept their mouths shut, no one has a bad word to say about them

that press conference with whittaker and naismith was despicable

they will NEVER be welcomed back by the majority

end of story

I don’t need it to ease my conscience, I’m mature enough to see it in the context of the time. Although we didn’t know much about big hands chuck his reputation within football was known and I certainly wouldn’t be putting my families future in his big greedy hands.
As far as the comments go, remember when the rst said liquidation would end the club’s history and the ‘sink us and we’ll sink you’ campaign against the yank who it was rumoured preferred the liquidation and newco route?
Nobody knew what would happen and everybody was coming to wrong conclusions.
Look, Naismith was right to leave the club.
Of course, disregarding hindsight, which was irrelevant at that moment in time, we as a support would have wanted a fee for him, because every penny we all thought was a prisoner to our survival.

But even as he pocketed that possible fee for himself, and took a Machiavellian advantage of the situation, he could still have been forgiven.
All he had to do was wish the club luck in the future and tell the support how much it broke his heart to leave and that he had to put his family first; that would have been the end of it.
Totally.
Some might have griped, but most 'mature' men with families would have probably backed him to the hilt.

He didn't, he took a different path, and seeing us on fire decided to piss a load of petrol onto the flames we were burning in.
I have seen enough in my life to make my own decisions about men.
I know exactly where I stand with this individual.

We had Super, Durranty and Kenny in the dugout and Jig, Fozzy, Smudger, Boydie and Kenny on the park.

That should have been an end to this obsession with bringing ex players back. But no, its Naisy, Laffs and maybe a cheeky wee approach for Deeks in the Summer. We never learn

If he's cheap, we should take him. It's as simple as that. At peak, he's a player levels above anyone else in the SPL right now. He may well be in decline but at 31 he's still a decent age.

And his career stats tell a story of a 1 in 5 to 1 in 6 goal scorer who continued that throughout his career at all levels, usually playing in a withdrawn role. Apart from a brief period where he was absolutely unplayable for us and terrified every team he faced.

Folk are comparing him to Murphy, someone only 3 years younger who was never close to Naismith's level and whose stats show a 1 in 5 to 1 in 6 goal scorer whose stats declined a lot after leaving Motherwell and who continues to decline.

The only question would be whether Naismith has actually recovered from his recent injury. If he has - and if he is as cheap as is rumoured - then it's absolutely a no brainer.

Look, Naismith was right to leave the club.
Of course, disregarding hindsight, which was irrelevant at that moment in time, we as a support would have wanted a fee for him, because every penny we all thought was a prisoner to our survival.

But even as he pocketed that possible fee for himself, and took a Machiavellian advantage of the situation, he could still have been forgiven.
All he had to do was wish the club luck in the future and tell the support how much it broke his heart to leave and that he had to put his family first; that would have been the end of it.
Totally.
Some might have griped, but most 'mature' men with families would have probably backed him to the hilt.

He didn't, he took a different path, and seeing us on fire decided to piss a load of petrol onto the flames we were burning in.
I have seen enough in my life to make my own decisions about men.
I know exactly where I stand with this individual.
You win :p

Happy new year Bilko!

Naismith is a no brainer surely!

It would be completely cutting our nose off to spite our face!!

Especially as his wage wouldn’t cripple us……and we are off loading a few of the heavy hitters by all accounts…

If we turn him down then he will end up at The Sheep or Hivs or …God forbid The Bog Dwellers… and it will come back ………to bite us!

If true……that he wants to come……how can Murty or Allen turn this down?:mad:

Naismith is a no brainer surely!

It would be completely cutting our nose off to spite our face!!

Especially as his wage wouldn’t cripple us……and we are off loading a few of the heavy hitters by all accounts…

If we turn him down then he will end up at The Sheep or Hivs or …God forbid The Bog Dwellers… and it will come back ………to bite us!

If true……that he wants to come……how can Murty or Allen turn this down?:mad:

If he is indeed willing to come for nothing and we don’t take him on loan Murty has even less of a clue than I thought.

Lafferty has done better than Herrera Dalcio and the wee guy from Man city. Absolutely nuts for us not to have gone For him.

Our board really fecked up with Pedro
The wee guy from manchester city was signed for the development squad was he not.

It'd be nice just to have this issue finally concluded once and for all. Either Rangers come out and say "We are signing/definitely not signing Steven Naismith" or for the player himself to come out and say he definitely won't ever be signing again then we can all move on from it. It has to be the most horifically boring long running debate on here that seems to bring out the worst in otherwise reasonable posters.

Too many 'uber staunch' that are quite happy to cut their noses off to spite their face, nothing more.

I'd take him back but can totally understand why others wouldn't.

Bar the day the CVA was rejected Naismiths comments that day were the lowest point of the whole horrible period, a real dagger in the back.

So many cucks on here praying Naismith will come back

Well get him to %^*&, he should never be welcomed back

I hope if he does sign for Kilmarnock then the fans give him the reception he deserves when they come to Ibrox
He'll get the same treatment Boyd got. Treated like a hero

He'll get the same treatment Boyd got. Treated like a hero

It looks like it will never happen thankfully, but if you think that judas bastard will get a hero's welcome from the majority of Ibrox, I think you're mistaken.

Hero ffs.

Before the last old firm match I’d have said no chance.

However, after witnessing Morelos’ wasting chance after chance, I think we should absolutely try to get him. We could have put five past them with a decent striker up top.

It's quite simple really.

Does Naismith improve our team? Yes

Will we be able to afford Naismith? Probably

Do wee need more international quality players in our team? Yes

An absolute no brainer in my opinion we should be looking to sign him.

Back