Daniel Johnson of Preston

Genuinely never even heard of the guy and I follow The Championship quite a lot. Obviously Preston aren't on TV very often though.

Need to trust the scouting team on this one but it definitely is a slightly underwhelming signing. I was hoping the mid we signed was a real game changer and someone of top, top quality. If Davis' form drops due to being burnt out again then we are in trouble in terms of having a quarterback who makes us tick and dominates games.

It’s really important to remember that we aren’t able to shop in the cast iron, top class, no rush, finished article game changer market anymore.These guys are sought after, and cost top money. It’s all about long term scouting, and trying to get guy that fits the system, and strengthenthe first team.

Aribo dropping out has highlighted the need for better depth in the advanced midfield position. A bit more guile and imagination ahead of what is a very good, solid and efficient midfield platform.

We needed better scouting. So far we have got in Kent, Aribo, Helander, Barisic, to make but four. The scouting team have done a decent job. They’ve earned a wee bit of trust.

Genuinely never even heard of the guy and I follow The Championship quite a lot. Obviously Preston aren't on TV very often though.

Need to trust the scouting team on this one but it definitely is a slightly underwhelming signing. I was hoping the mid we signed was a real game changer and someone of top, top quality. If Davis' form drops due to being burnt out again then we are in trouble in terms of having a quarterback who makes us tick and dominates games.

I thought this would have been the window where we saw Davis' replacement signed, genuine quality in the midfield area. Especially given Davis and Jack have had a few issues over the last few seasons.

After Itten and Roofe I was expecting a real bit of quality. That may well come but I'm surprised the midfield hasn't been upgraded, especially given what some of the members in here with some inside information have previously said.

Not the most exciting signing ever, I think he will do a job though and I will back the recruitment team. I was actually aware of him because I used to watch the championship round up and he’d often be scoring or creating.

I don’t think he’s a starter by any means, possibly Aribo’s cover. I use the term ‘cover’ loosely because our ‘cover’ will be expected to play 35+ games this season.

It’s a signing at least so something to get excited about!.

Last edited:
Highlight reel has done its job, the boy looks decent. I have a lot more trust in our player recruitment this season than I have done for the past few. If they say he is good enough and our manager approves, I'm all for it.

I thought this would have been the window where we saw Davis' replacement signed, genuine quality in the midfield area. Especially given Davis and Jack have had a few issues over the last few seasons.

After Itten and Roofe I was expecting a real bit of quality. That may well come but I'm surprised the midfield hasn't been upgraded, especially given what some of the members in here with some inside information have previously said.
Dorsch would’ve been the perfect Davis replacement. Shame that one never happened

Dorsch would’ve been the perfect Davis replacement. Shame that one never happened
Exactly who I thought of. I wonder if we had anything regarding him or whether that poster on RM got false info.

He never got the big move it was often suggested he would.

Bougherra, Hooper, Lafferty to name a few who have moved from the championship to Scotland and been successful.

No doubt there's talent in the Championship, just need to find it.

Guys like John Lundstarm and John Fleck were playing at that level a year ago and everyone would be delighted if we signed any of them.

I think after we get this boy in we will look to use the loan market mibi get a RW and another CM from premier league teams. We have used loan markets most seasons so think we will defo get some loans again

He cane through the ranks at Villa. Was always highly thought of but it didn’t quite work out and he left for the good of his career. Always been impressed with his development and climb through the leagues.

Never really watched the championship, but then again I struggle to watch any football down south. We need a goal scorer from midfield and this lad seems very highly rated by Preston fans.

my only worry is his strength in this league of fucktards but that can’t be helped.

Kamara looked back to his old self

"The more I think about this the more gutted I am. I've been trying to think who we have in the squad that has the ability to split a defence with the killer ball the way he does. Gally and Pearo tend to ping them over the top but the only player I can think that has shown anything like that is Ledson and he is some way off.

Covered more ground than any player in the side last season, top scorer, assists galore and I even saw him head the ball once.

Gutted"

Sounds a plehr.

Kamara looked back to his old self

That's my point. Glen Kamara has been struggling to get into our midfield recently and he's Finland's best player and attracting interest from the EPL.

I'm not saying this guy is a bad player by any means I was just hoping our midfield signing was going to be a game changer. Someone who was going to move Jack or Kamara out of the way and really strengthen us.

He seems to play better higher up the pitch according to Preston fans I'd have thought a deeper midfielder would have been the more pressing issue

He seems to play better higher up the pitch according to Preston fans I'd have thought a deeper midfielder would have been the more pressing issue
We’ve got 3 solid deeper midfielders IMO. We need a more dynamic box to box mid, that said Arfield and Aribo are fantastic options.

I do appreciate we need to sort the Davis replacement soon, the other two (love them both) don’t have his range of passing to switch the play.

That's my point. Glen Kamara has been struggling to get into our midfield recently and he's Finland's best player and attracting interest from the EPL.

I'm not saying this guy is a bad player by any means I was just hoping our midfield signing was going to be a game changer. Someone who was going to move Jack or Kamara out of the way and really strengthen us.
He has qualities that Jack, Kamara and Davis don't possess at all, but they also have qualities that I'm sure DJ won't possess either, finding a player with both sets is impossible in our budget. Whether he is a better player than them I don't know, but he is definitely an improvement in regards to having a midfield attacking threat.

I wouldn't be shocked to see us go with him and Aribo in some games with one of the three deeper ones sitting in between them both and doing a rotational sort of system like Tav and Barisic do where one will push into the box while the other sits slightly deeper and vice versa.

Any reason he’s not been capped by Jamaica? Surely he’d walk into their side

We’ve got 3 solid deeper midfielders IMO. We need a more dynamic box to box mid, that said Arfield and Aribo are fantastic options.

I do appreciate we need to sort the Davis replacement soon, the other two (love them both) don’t have his range of passing to switch the play.
We don't know how serious Jack's injury is aswell also has a known knee issue god knows when that will flair up again

Guy looks decent and our recent recruitment has been very good so let’s just wait and see if we do sign him.

Can’t see him being a massive upgrade on anyone we have but could be a decent player for us in an area where we are short.

Any reason he’s not been capped by Jamaica? Surely he’d walk into their side

He was actually called up by them last season but withdrew from the squad as apparently there were no direct flights from Gatwick :D

Reactions: LD5
What was Jack's injury yesterday - calf?

Did someone not mention post match that he's had issues with his calf. That and his long standing knee issue?

So your opinion can be viewed a bit like an ex-Dhim player commenting on one of our current players, like Alfie maybe.;):)
No, Not at all - I'd like to think that when you get paid to do a job you see it different from a fan. You maintain that ethos throughout your life. I played [came through the ranks] for Blackpool since I was twelve and as much as I would like to think I was Pele, I was there to do a job, take instructions and be part of a team.

i wouldn't say he's been struggling to get into the midfield. prior to and including the livi game each of midfielders all 3 midfielders were getting equal abuse. Jack and Kamara - side ways passes. Davis - past it, done etc. Arfield - not good enough.

fast forward 2 weeks and they are all now in good form. it happens. it's why we have a squad and depth.

Back