Europa league draw - Home v Galatasaray or Split

We are more than capable of making the group stage afsin. 2 tough but IMHO very winnable ties

Home tie key however given last couple of years involvement I'd fancy us. In all honesty tho would be far more Confident if Alfie stays & plays as we know he can

I know everyone wants to focus on Galatasaray if we beat Willem but what do we know about Hadjuk Split? Are they a decent side?
They got knocked out by losing at home to a team from Malta the other season.

Had they been at home in a one-off tie with the Poljud behind them they would have been a tricky proposition. Otherwise probably Osijek levels

They got knocked out by losing at home to a team from Malta the other season.

Had they been at home in a one-off tie with the Poljud behind them they would have been a tricky proposition. Otherwise probably Osijek levels
Not a serious threat really then. We'll stick to worrying about Galatasaray! :D

Don’t get why people are scared the teams we beat last year should show everyone that we are a force.

We will beat Willem we will pump the Turks and we will go to the groups no doubt about it.

Our team is quality in Europe get all the negativity to %^*&.

We are Rangers.
Anything can happen in knockout football but some people on here need to get a grip. Willem and a bang average Galatasaray side and people are shitting themselves

Galatasaray were probably the team I wanted to avoid most out the sub-section but we’re good enough to give them a go in a one-off match.

Willem II will be difficult but get through that and I think it’s very much a 50/50 game. Yeah the Turks have some big names but majority are past their best

W
Galatasaray are a good team on paper Falcao, Arda Turan etc play for them but hope Split cause an upset next round and we hopefully get past Willam II
Would that not make Split a better team than Galatasaray.. :)

Yeah, one of they teams that you put on a coupon blindly thinking they're still the team of old. Then they get humped off some mid-table Turkish mob you've never heard of as they're not so good any more.
Been there done that

Don't get it twisted. No side wanted us in the play offs after our recent showings in Europe. Willem II are a potential banana skin we need to navigate but I don't see them sitting off us and forcing us to break them down. Just don't think they're that kind of team.

Same sentiment with Galatasaray. We get to play on the transition, this suits us and the personnel we have massively. It's by no means a 'gimme' tie but it's not one we should be terrified of.

This is my thinking, no team would have wanted us. I think we forget how good we have been in Europe and the scalps we've taken in the last couple of seasons.

Reactions: TQ3
Few early odds for us to beat Willem II have us at evens.

To qualify we are probably 4/7.

Definitely not a given but a good chance.

I watch the Turkish Super Lig every week and people need to stop looking at players names and thinking Galatasaray are a great team.

They have been horrific since January and no where near the level of former Galatasaray teams. The Turkish Super Lig is in a bad way financialy and all teams are regressing apart from 1-2.

Muslera their key player is out. Defensively they are poor. Dont have much legs in midfield. Feghouli is decent but not reached the level they expected. The fans hate Belhanda because he is inconsistent and has attitude problems.

falcao is falcao, i he stays fit hes still class. Diagne is a big powerful forward who plays in the penalty box.

will be a tough tie if we both get through but id put us as favourites

William II is a decent test for us, but we should have enough to beat them. I think they’ll be thinking of no...Rangers. We have a decent record against Dutch teams.

Galatasaray at home I’ll take. I’d rather them than spurs.

I don't think we'll get passed Willem II but Galatasaray will be the hardest team we've faced in Europe since Gerrard arrived IMO.

Muslera
Babel
Falcao
Belhanda
Donk
Arda Turan
Feghouli.

Hope I'm wrong, the pessimistic fuck that I am.
We can beat Willem and Leverkusen are better than Galatasary

I don't think we'll get passed Willem II but Galatasaray will be the hardest team we've faced in Europe since Gerrard arrived IMO.

Muslera
Babel
Falcao
Belhanda
Donk
Arda Turan
Feghouli.

Hope I'm wrong, the pessimistic fuck that I am.
You would think Willem have morphed into Ajax with some of the shite I’ve read on here recently. We have bet far better teams over the last 2 years in Europe. They will fear us far more than we fear them.

2 nil win in Holland & 1 nil v Galatasaray at Ibrox.

Last edited:
You would think Willem have morphed into Ajax with some of the shite I’ve read on here recently. We have bet far better teams over the last 2 years in Europe. They will fear us far more than we fear them.

2 nil win in Holland & 1 nil at Ibrox.
Not even just Ajax, Ajax circa 95.

I watch the Turkish Super Lig every week and people need to stop looking at players names and thinking Galatasaray are a great team.

They have been horrific since January and no where near the level of former Galatasaray teams. The Turkish Super Lig is in a bad way financialy and all teams are regressing apart from 1-2.

Muslera their key player is out. Defensively they are poor. Dont have much legs in midfield. Feghouli is decent but not reached the level they expected. The fans hate Belhanda because he is inconsistent and has attitude problems.

falcao is falcao, i he stays fit hes still class. Diagne is a big powerful forward who plays in the penalty box.

will be a tough tie if we both get through but id put us as favourites

That’s the kind of analysis that I was waiting on. Up to date stuff.

They’ve got some right talented players.

Ryan Babel, Arda Turan, Falcao. Whilst all past their best, top quality when at their best.

Oops, I’ve posted pretty much what everyone else has already said.

Back