Europa league draw - Home v Galatasaray or Split

Haven't really read the thread but everyone seems to be thinking it's Galatasaray if we get through? Are they miles better than Split? Genuine question.

We have to get past Willem first which won’t be easy, any draw at home is good at this stage, I’m confident we beat whoever wins the Gala game

Home against Gala if we beat Williams 11
1200px-Williams_FW11_Honda_Collection_Hall.jpg

We will ease by Willem. The play off match will be tough as usual but we are more than capable of beating either team.

I watch the Turkish Super Lig every week and people need to stop looking at players names and thinking Galatasaray are a great team.

They have been horrific since January and no where near the level of former Galatasaray teams. The Turkish Super Lig is in a bad way financialy and all teams are regressing apart from 1-2.

Muslera their key player is out. Defensively they are poor. Dont have much legs in midfield. Feghouli is decent but not reached the level they expected. The fans hate Belhanda because he is inconsistent and has attitude problems.

falcao is falcao, i he stays fit hes still class. Diagne is a big powerful forward who plays in the penalty box.

will be a tough tie if we both get through but id put us as favourites
I've watched some videos and looked up their players and I am surprised, they are really average.

You would think Willem have morphed into Ajax with some of the shite I’ve read on here recently. We have bet far better teams over the last 2 years in Europe. They will fear us far more than we fear them.

2 nil win in Holland & 1 nil v Galatasaray at Ibrox.

Going on last season they went to Ajax and Alkmaar and won. Beat PSV at home and drew with Alkmaar granted Feyernoord beat them at home so they're obviously a decent side. It's going to be a tricky tie for us they only lost 2 home games last season as well but we should have enough to beat them.

I don't think we'll get passed Willem II but Galatasaray will be the hardest team we've faced in Europe since Gerrard arrived IMO.

Muslera
Babel
Falcao
Belhanda
Donk
Arda Turan
Feghouli.

Hope I'm wrong, the pessimistic fuck that I am.

They are nowhere near the team they were a few years ago.

They only got 2 points in the CL and finished 6th in the Turkish League last season, winning only 1 of their last 10 games (8 of them played after shutdown) and they have sold Maicon, one of their best players. For this season, they have only signed Free Transfers plus Peter Etebo on loan from Stoke City.

We have beaten a lot better teams than them in the last 2 seasons.

Reactions: TQ3
Favs to win their League this season Gala, think some think they are a spent force but that League is decent quality. I work for a Turkish facing betting firm. Wouldn’t be too surprised if Split put them out mind, far from a certainty the Turks go through. Gala will be about 1/2 to win in 90. Away win in 90 in Tilburg is about EVEN money.

Last edited:
Favs to win their League this season Gala, think some think they are a spent force but that League is decent quality. I work for a Turkish facing betting firm. Wouldn’t be too surprised if Split put them out mind, far from a certainty the Turks go through. Gala will be about 1/2 to win in 90. Away win in 90 in Tilburg is about even money.
The league champions signed Bolingoli ffs

Be a tough game but if we can beat the likes of Porto and Feyenoord at Ibrox we have nothing to fear.

Reactions: TQ3
I think the toughest tie could be next week. I would fancy us at home against any of Galatasary or Split. Lets go through next week first.

If we play to what we all know we are capable of we should win.

But a one of game I am always nervous as it just takes a wrong decision by the referee or a mistake and we are out.

Was in Split a month ago and loved it there. Do hope they manage to get through.

We are a far better team in Europe than we sometimes give ourselves credit for. I'm quietly confident.

Most of their big names are well into the twilight of their careers and nowhere near the players they were. My concern is the Dutch next week, get past them and I’m confident of the group stages again.

I think it's a decent draw yes the 2 games will be tricky but I make Rangers just favourites in both ties. We are very decent in Europe.

You would think Willem have morphed into Ajax with some of the shite I’ve read on here recently. We have bet far better teams over the last 2 years in Europe. They will fear us far more than we fear them.

2 nil win in Holland & 1 nil v Galatasaray at Ibrox.

Whit about split, they discarded then.

Mamma Mia.

Unbelievable that we end up with a harder route to the groups than the mutton molesters and Motherwell. Luck of the draw I suppose. As much luck with the draw as we have with injuries :confused:

I can’t imagine any of the sides drawn against us will be saying that’s an easy draw especially looking at the teams we have beaten over the last two years

and we are a better side this year

bring it on

Second hardest draw we could have got imo. Still,ón on our game we are capable of anything. Glad we got the home advantage, but it’s not likely we would have to face their fans anyway.

The thing that annoys me is that we get another tough draw draw whilst the mentally challengeds effectively get a bye.

Back