Kemar Roofe - Scan required, missing for the ‘short term’

Naive for the gaffer to say he might be available for weekend and now says this post match.

If it was dependant on a scan then why come out and say he might be available? Totally needless.

Oh I don’t know, perhaps the situation may have developed in the time between him saying one thing and saying another.

Crazy thought I know.

6th First Team "starter" we have lost this season with not a Tackle in sight !

Serious questions need asked of the Training routines being done during week, then the actual warm ups - it cannot be right that players with known issues do same ~"doggies" as rest of team before a game.

I thought we had moved forward to a more Professional backroom set up - Sadly we seem to simply lurch from one set of "Quacks" to the next.
Its probably more due to the big lay off players had then jumping straight back into competitive games. Players bodies aren't used to having that amount of time off and will in turn get muscle injuries in the first few months after that.

Oh I don’t know, perhaps the situation may have developed in the time between him saying one thing and saying another.

Crazy thought I know.
Then don’t say he might make the weekend and then a few days later say he’s going to be out for 2-3 weeks or whatever it is.

Okay they both thought it was just a tight calf but why did it need a scan suddenly?

He would have worded it differently had he tried to trick anyone etc

It’s not essential but as I’ve already said, he gets asked who is available for games and he always answers.

I don’t subscribe to Gerrard trying to trick Hibs into thinking Roofe was going to make it.

Well if it wasn't to trick Hibs and he is usually honest then maybe he didn't expect it either, otherwise why else would he say it, and I'm not sure you are using the word naive in proper context here.

Unfortunately this was a recurring injury for Kemar long before he had even see Auchenhowie. It was always a risk.
If this was an issue he had, why sign him? It's like buying a second hand car you can't quite afford from the main dealer. No service history or too high on the miles. A fully fit Roofe may have been too expensive. But a Roofe in the garage is useless

I've a horrible premonition we'll be trying to punt Roofe next summer having played less than 10 games for us. Negative loyal.

Well if it wasn't to trick Hibs and he is usually honest then maybe he didn't expect it either, otherwise why else would he say it, and I'm not sure you are using the word naive in proper context here.
It's naive in the sense he has set the supporters expectations as Roofe's injury isn't as bad as first feared, and now it's transpired it's actually worse now he has had a scan, with no explanation as to why there's now a scan that's taken place since his pre-match interview, was it a precaution etc?

Crazy isn’t it. The transfer window has been strange for us.
Only permanent signing different from last season that improves the team significantly is Kemar Roofe.

McLaughlin is a good goalkeeper but McGregor is better.

Balogun is a decent centre half but Helander is better.

Itten is a decent player but Defoe and Morelos are better.

We started a significant amount of games this season with Brandon Barker. We are not winning anything with players like him being a part of out team. Know he wasn't playing today but we need better and he isn't the only one.

Wish he would just be honest with the injuries and stop treating us like mugs.

What does this even mean, in what way are you being treated like a mug?
Maybe it wasn’t clear yet or he didn’t want to give part of his team away. Folk need to understand a manager or club speaking about a players injury length is nothing more than a courtesy to the fans and media. There is no obligation to explain what’s happened and how long a player might be out. Supporters don’t have a right to know this and if Gerrard wants to say a player may be available that he knows won’t be, the supporters really shouldn’t be complaining. Unless your going to watch a specific player, does it really matter if you know who’s fit, so you can imagine tactics in your head? It would be different if the management team genuinely couldn’t estimate timeframes or were causing delays, but what your saying is utter nonsense.

If this was an issue he had, why sign him? It's like buying a second hand car you can't quite afford from the main dealer. No service history or too high on the miles. A fully fit Roofe may have been too expensive. But a Roofe in the garage is useless

Calculated risk I think. I guess we'll find out in the long run if it was warranted on taking it.

Why was he risked on a plastic pitch vs a pub team?

I don't know if his issues are made worse by plastic pitches but I'm assuming Gerrard wants Roofe up and running as he could be our main striker in a fortnight's time, if a bid comes in for Alfie.

'If we can keep roofe fit, he'd smash it up here'
seems to be a summary of what his former clubs said about him when he signed.
I believe he'd smash it up here, just wish he'd be fit. Being out for months at a time just won't cut it here.

We’d need to regardless. Three strikers isn’t enough for a full season, especially when one of them is nearly 38.

And another has had issues with injuries over the last 18 months.

Leaves us with Itten who the manager didn't feel comfortable going with when he was in cracking form - carried on with an out of shape and form Morelos - and has now most momentum.

Have been criticised on here by the usual suspects for suggesting we know SFA about the investment strategy surrounding Roofe. Already a liability, unavailable for our first significant domestic challenge. Big dick in no pressure leagues. Itten no better.

Sel Alfie (insanity) and its season over.

And another has had issues with injuries over the last 18 months.

Leaves us with Itten who the manager didn't feel comfortable going with when he was in cracking form - carried on with an out of shape and form Morelos - and has now most momentum.
Exactly. This Morelos circus has cost us. We had to play him to keep him some kind of match fit, to the detriment of guys who wanted to be here. Now does he want to be here or not?

Then don’t say he might make the weekend and then a few days later say he’s going to be out for 2-3 weeks or whatever it is.

Okay they both thought it was just a tight calf but why did it need a scan suddenly?

He would have worded it differently had he tried to trick anyone etc

I’ve answered this with my initial post.

The situation clearly changed as can happen with injuries.

Freaking out about injuries seems to be the flavour of the month on here at the moment and there’s very little common sense being applied to any of the discussion.

If Morelos goes a good part of any fee will need to be spent on a CF imo. Roofe is going the way many thought class player but looks like he's going to have issues staying fit. Would mean for large parts of the season we have a young away from home for 1st time striker looking to settle, in Itten and a soon to be 38 Defoe.

He was a big loss today, his movement creates a lot of space for other players. I don’t think Kent was at his usual level as a result.

We are have rotten luck with injuries, this next few weeks is massive and we are without 3 big players

Freaking out about injuries seems to be the flavour of the month on here at the moment and there’s very little common sense being applied to any of the discussion.

I’m not freaking out about injuries mate fs.

I think it’s stupid for the manager to set the fans expectations about Roofe’s injury and indicate that he will hopefully be available and then end up disappointing the supporters by telling us a few days later that he’s actually going to miss the next few weeks.

I presume you’re right about something inbetween but at least explain why it’s went from “we’re really confident Kemar is going to pull through for Sunday” to “he’s going to miss the next few weeks”, it doesn’t really make much sense?

There was no mention of a scan on Thursday night or Friday morning?

As my Leeds Utd supporting workmate says at the start- you will do well to get him fit for a sustained run in the team!

I never knew who Roofe was until we were interested and even I picked up he is very injury prone.

Absolutely not what we need and will be a Prodan Mk2. Normally 2 weeks out for us is 3 months therefore 4-6 weeks out Im taking as being we'll see him again in March.

What a bizarre reason to suggest that’s the case?

It’s just annoying when you’ve been told that it’s very possible he can make the weekend, the game arrives and he’s not even on the bench and then it’s explained after that he’s actually not going to be available for the next few weeks.
You do realise the press conferences are a contractual obligation rather than to give you the inside scoop. If he feels it gives us even 1% then he’s right to do it. You sound like a shunted lover been lied too. You knowing the injury situation of roofe makes no difference in the slightest.

He should have been nowhere near that pitch on Thursday Gerrard made an arse of it

So he shouldn't play at Kilmarnock, Livingston, Hamilton or any plastic pitch?

If that's the case why are we signing such player?

Roofe has played less than 10 games in 2020, he needs games. Just so happens he's had issues with his calf and once again he's got a calf issue.

Maybe don't sign players who have a history of injuries, especially when money is tight and in a season where we must deliver.

It was what many mentioned prior to signing Roofe. It was also tales about last summer when we were linked with him.

Imagine, we sign a player with a history of injuries and he’s now likely to be out for a number of weeks with, err, an injury.

Amazing, I really didn’t expect that to happen. Not at all. Still, at least it provides another excuse for this season’s capitulation in the league.

You do realise the press conferences are a contractual obligation rather than to give you the inside scoop. If he feels it gives us even 1% then he’s right to do it. You sound like a shunted lover been lied too. You knowing the injury situation of roofe makes no difference in the slightest.
What are you actually on about mate?

I’m not campaigning to find out why Roofe’s injury has suddenly gotten worse ffs.

I’m just pointing out it doesn’t make much sense that on Friday it’s “we are very confident Kemar will pull through“ to “he’s going to miss the next few weeks”.

I’m hardly saying I am raging and upset about it.

Do we have a clue about keeping our players fit? It’s beyond bad luck now.
This is an underlying issue he struggled with calve injuries at Leeds and anderlecht he was out from. December to a few weeks before we signed him.
Could be another Grezda signing an injury prone player

So he shouldn't play at Kilmarnock, Livingston, Hamilton or any plastic pitch?

If that's the case why are we signing such player?

Roofe has played less than 10 games in 2020, he needs games. Just so happens he's had issues with his calf and once again he's got a calf issue.

Maybe don't sign players who have a history of injuries, especially when money is tight and in a season where we must deliver.

It was what many mentioned prior to signing Roofe. It was also tales about last summer when we were linked with him.
No sorry my point wasny about the pitch it was more we were playing a pub team and should have been left out.

It's ok, our medical team are on it. 3 year diagnosis to tell us his calves are fecked and that's the reason he wears action man sized shin guards.

Roofe was bought for games like today as well.

I never knew who Roofe was until we were interested and even I picked up he is very injury prone.

Absolutely not what we need and will be a Prodan Mk2. Normally 2 weeks out for us is 3 months therefore 4-6 weeks out Im taking as being we'll see him again in March.
Nonsense.

Back