MOTM Poll Willem II v Rangers - 20:00 Thursday - RangersTV UK & Rest of the World

Your Man of the Match

• Total voters
Went for McGregor for a number of saves at key moments in the game which would have made things a lot more difficult.

Kent was immense, finally it is us that has that player of quality that other teams can’t really do anything about.

Outstanding result.

Performance a bit hit and miss. When we were good, we were very good! But we also allowed far too many clear cut chances to be created against us.
Great result - a bit flattering though. That game could have been so different if they had taken any of their chances.
Big Greegsy was magnificent. The saves he pulled off is the equivalent of a striker scoring 2 or 3.
Better second half - on now to the Turks.
I hope it's cold, pissing wet rain with a wind - typical Glasgow weather :D:D:D

Both good summaries. The fact so many of us voted MOTM for our keeper in a 4-0 win indicates it could have been different.

I was worried pre-match, needlessly it seems what a performance ,clinical, we rode our luck a couple of times ,all the ingrediants for a good match of football and a ref who knew the rules of the game what a difference from the SP Hell

Unable to watch tonight but looked a convincing win. However going through the match thread and it seems we struggled? Or is it the follow follow standard where we win 4 0 and some still find negatives?
We took a while to get into the game, and they had a few chances early on.
Difference being, they missed their chances, we converted ours.
At 2-0 up, the game was virtually over, we just bided our time and hit them with another 2.
What's not to like.
A difficult game on paper, but won convincingly on the night.

Greegsy had a good game tonight outstanding save he made with his feet in the second half. Tav and Goldson a bit at sixes and sevens at times but got through it. Tav with a pen for 50 goals total and got back for an excellent goalmouth clearance right at the death. Helander put in a shift tonight and got a great goal too. Borna for me put in some incredible crosses to get onto for our front three although I don't feel he's been quite right the last couple of games.

Of Kamara, Davis and Arfield in the first half only really Kamara showed the other two were a yard or so short. Second half Davis took more control of the game Kamara fell out of it a bit for me and Arfield covered the space and runners fairly well even though they did make a couple of chances getting round the outside of him.

As for Hagi, Morelos and Kent. Hagi in the middle third was neat and tidy, drew a few fouls both first and second half, unfortunately nothing came off for him in the final third tonight although he never stopped trying, same with Itten when he came on I'm not worried about that it'll come. Kent and Morelos, although Alfie appeared to have a quiet game, worked exceptionally well together tonight making space and laying off balls round the corner to one another. Kent was definitely the more mobile of the two and got his reward for his movement by getting onto Alfies shot and scoring to cap a very good performance from the lad a stick on MotM for me with Greegsy a close second.

All in all a very good away victory in Europe.

Last edited:
The difference tonight was both teams wanted to play football and show their skills.
No Hammer throwers or biased cheating refs anywhere in sight
Decent game Rangers and a good footballing opponent.
I mentioned in the 1st half it reminded me of the Midtjylland game. You can tell they are a decent side who will try to play football, quick at moving the ball and will create chances. Because they play that way it opens up the pitch to get at them and youll always get a few chances against them.

The Midtjylland result was right up there with Porto and Braga last season in terms of impressive wins. They absolutely strolled their league ahead of Copenhagen and put out Young Boys in the CL qualifiers this season.

Tav back to penalty best
Shot from outside box resulting in spill for Kent
Helander keeping his header below crossbar height.
Scoring from a corner

A selection of goals that we shout about most games, it’s great isn it.

Enjoyed that, Kent was brilliant, Greegs my MoM for saves at crucial times. Management taking both our players who were booked off and saving Kent.

Perfect night for me.

Hagi has actually done some nice stuff second half. Nothing fancy. Just decent.

However, starting to seem clear that he’s the next target now that Barisic and Kent and Kamara all seem to have turned the corner :))
I think the problem is Hagi puts a power of work in but is also a thinker thinks too far ahead at times and needs to strike the right balance of wavelengths with other players? Should have scored but did better in the second half!

Really?
Two nothing up, now three, in an away game in Europe, and you’re complaining about the performance?
Give it a rest.

I said in the past to folk like yourself not to bite, but it gets really weary listening to a lot of pishtalkers ( used that word also) on here.

And they won't disappear either, they'll continually talk pish right up to the end of this season.

GUARANTEED.

Stupid comment.
It means that giving 100% every game is what is required. What do you think it means?
I think he knows what it means, you are aware who his manager is and who his father is?
I think what you think it means is you want players to run and chase hence my sand dunes comment. It was his touch and passing at fault NOT his desire and certainly NOT a lack of awareness of what playing for Rangers means

Greegsy had a good game tonight outstanding save he made with his feet in the second half. Tav and Goldson a bit at sixes and sevens at times but got through it. Tav with a pen for 50 goals total and got back for an excellent goalmouth clearance right at the death. Borna for me put in some incredible crosses to get onto for our front three although I don't feel he's been quite right the last couple of games.

Of Kamara, Davis and Arfield in the first half only really Kamara showed the other two were a yard or so short. Second half Davis took more control of the game Kamara fell out of it a bit for me and Arfield covered the space and runners fairly well even though they did make a couple of chances getting round the outside of him.

As for Hagi, Morelos and Kent. Hagi in the middle third was neat and tidy, drew a few fouls both first and second half, unfortunately nothing came off for him in the final third tonight although he never stopped trying, same with Itten when he came on I'm not worried about that it'll come. Kent and Morelos, although Alfie appeared to have a quiet game, worked exceptionally well together tonight making space and laying off balls round the corner to one another. Kent was definitely the more mobile of the two and got his reward for his movement by getting onto Alfies shot and scoring to cap a very good performance from the lad a stick on MotM for me with Greegsy a close second.

Hagi will come good - he is trying the right things and some of them not coming off for him... they will in time.

Once Rangers have Hagi, Aribo & Kent all fit and on the same wavelength then Rangers will be devastating going forward.

I mentioned in the 1st half it reminded me of the Midtjylland game. You can tell they are a decent side who will try to play football, quick at moving the ball and will create chances. Because they play that way it opens up the pitch to get at them and youll always get a few chances against them.

The Midtjylland result was right up there with Porto and Braga last season in terms of impressive wins. They absolutely strolled their league ahead of Copenhagen and put out Young Boys in the CL qualifiers this season.
That was definitely one of the most under rated performances and results that I can remember. Quality opposition, great performance, and well worked out from the coaching staff.

I said in the past to folk like yourself not to bite, but it gets really weary listening to a lot of pishtalkers ( used that word also) on here.

And they won't disappear either, they'll continually talk pish right up to the end of this season.

GUARANTEED.
Yes and every match day I reply the same.
I’m feckin trying!
I‘m trying hard.

I think he knows why it means, you are aware who his manager is and who his father is?
I think what you think it means is you want players to run and chase hence my sand dunes comment. It was his touch and passing at fault NOT his desire and certainly NOT a lack of awareness of what playing for Rangers means
FFS. No lad i have'nt a clue.
Another stupid comment.
If you are happy with his perfomance tonight, especially the 1st half, then good on you.
For me he looked slow, off the pace, bad touches, undecisive, and no willingness to go forward. The 2nd half, at 3 & 4 nothing up he was better.
Thats not good enough for me from a Rangers player. Especially when the other 10 are giving 100%.

FFS. No lad i have'nt a clue.
Another stupid comment.
If you are happy with his perfomance tonight, especially the 1st half, then good on you.
For me he looked slow, off the pace, bad touches, undecisive, and no willingness to go forward. The 2nd half, at 3 & 4 nothing up he was better.
Thats not good enough for me from a Rangers player. Especially when the other 10 are giving 100%.
Lad?
Stupid
Idiot...classy!
You are aware we support the same side, go ram your patronising insults. You can debate and have a different view, just not with yourself seemingly. Go argue with your shadow

I always think Jones looks a player that can offer us something and would like to see him get more game time. Granted he doesn’t get the space domestically but he is lightening fast and has decent delivery
One thing may be is that he is an outside left all day every day. Playing wide there kind of kills the space for Borna to roam into. RK roaming leaves that space.
however I would also like to see us use JJ a good bit more

Lad?
Stupid
Idiot...classy!
You are aware we support the same side, go ram your patronising insults. You can debate and have a different view, just not with yourself seemingly. Go argue with your shadow
I call everyone Lad.
G
Lad?
Stupid
Idiot...classy!
I call everyone lad.
Do you find it offensive?
If so I apologise.
Can you quote the post I said your were an Idiot?
I will donate £10 to a charity of your choice if I did.
Stupid comment? Not apologising for that because it was. Sand Dunes?
Now, yes we support the same team but that does not mean we cannot have different opinions.
Respect mine.
I respect yours.

Watched the Dutch after match punditery with Jan Boskamp old Feyenoord player. Willem 2 players said they matched Rangers on everything but effectiveness. Jan Boskamp said Rubbish Rangers were a class better. He did say if W 2 had taken their early chances it would have been a different game. All agreed the first two goals were peronal mistakes but quized how it was so simple for two CH to come up and head the ball in the goal without anybody near them. He also agreed that Rangers should have at least a couple of more goals

Maybe SG just can't be arsed with it though. He's maybe causing more grief than he's worth. Who knows. Fact is we've hardly seen him since he done himself a mischief getting injured & sent off in a oner. I really liked the look of him early on but he had a reluctancy to link up with Barisic for some reason. Either way, I suspect tonight was shop window.

Greegsy had a good game tonight outstanding save he made with his feet in the second half. Tav and Goldson a bit at sixes and sevens at times but got through it. Tav with a pen for 50 goals total and got back for an excellent goalmouth clearance right at the death. Helander put in a shift tonight and got a great goal too. Borna for me put in some incredible crosses to get onto for our front three although I don't feel he's been quite right the last couple of games.

Hagi played one square layoff on the edge of their box in the second half that was just sublime - led to a blocked shot on goal, I think.

There's a player in there, for sure.

Maybe needs to accept that not everything he does needs to be sublime - efficiency for 75% of the time then genius for the remaining 25% of the game would be just fine ...

Back