Browns Assault on Barisic - Video now posted

Will Hugh Keevins call this out ? And call brown a sneak...

NzafEn8.gif

Certainly would be highlighted if it was Morelos.

Side question, do we need to call everything an assault? Maybe It's me that's got the wrong understanding of what an assault is!

If this was Morelos it would be headline news!

Morelos gives Brown a wee clip round the ear....outrage....condemnation....calls for retrospective action

What about last season when Brown raked his studs clearly and purposely down Alfies achilles (causing Alfie to react and get sent off)....outrage?....condemnation?...........no, it was completely marginalised and dismissed.

Will look again at the game re Borna

But Brown's stud-raking on Alfie wasn't 'marginalised and dismissed.' It was actually lauded and praised as being clever.

I was sent a video clip late last night, which shows the aftermath of Alfie clipping Brown. Brown drifts off to the right and clearly elbows then punches Barisic. Apologies if the subject has been brought up before, but I searched and could not see it. I hope the link works. https://streamable.com/w0y2km
on a pc if you right click on the vid you can slow it down to half speed & it can be seen clearly.

I like this guy's broadcasting style. Wish he was on Sportscene.
Brown's on field violence by far the worst in the match. Yet no mention of it. Quelle surprise.

It is a seemingly endless cycle, Alfie gets relentlessly targeted - Alfie reacts - Alfie gets targeted more... and on and on. at the end of the 1st half he made a couple of lunges where he clearly was not going for the ball.

He needs to rise above it and show everyone just how good he is, he is better than them.

Aye let's play by their game here.

They're wanting Morelos done retrospectively let's do the same for this.

Time to fight fire with fire with these cuunts.
I think many on here would rather not report anything and just piss and moan about the injustice of it.

If we are active and shout loud enough things will happen.

The laughable suggestions on here that liewell would somehow get the match postponed or COVID players made available shows how much liewell is feared on here.

His end is approaching. 55 ends him.

Brown was out of his depth. He knows it and that video shows it.

Last edited:
He's hit Barisic with the same force he received from Alfie, Flanagan, Kent etc when he collapsed to the floor aiming for red card.

It also got me thinking about the portrayal of our players vs them, if only we had a platform to highlight it. Look at the incidents they're highlighting regarding Alfie on Saturday. His booking is a farce when you see it back in real time. He bumps his hip into Duffy which is a free kick at worst (given the way the game was going the ref was going to just let it go), Duffy pushes him to the ground and they both get booked? I think it was Alfie's third foul, maybe, so hardly persistent fouling.

Contrast the way he is treated to anyone else and it just makes me sad. Brown has a catologue of off the ball incidents vs us alone, over and above the diving mentioned above. Raking his studs down Alfie's achilles, elbowing both Holt and Miller in the face, the Barisic ones above. Cosgrove committed about six bookable offences vs us in the first twenty minutes of a game last Winter and never even got a yellow. The tackle on Davis alone should have been a red card and, at SD's age was a potential career ender. We ARE treated differently to every other team by our haters who hold positions in every press outlet. It's not paranoia but fact.

Compliance officer is always looking for this kind of stuff
Yes....when it's someone in a blue shirt doing it!!! Their kit seems invisible when she views through those green tinted specs Liewell supplied her.

Borna should have went down like he'd been shot...would maybe at least have forced TV 'analysis'. As it is...sweep sweep.

Seen this when I watched full game again, as usual not picked up by Sky due to their obsession with Aflie.
It was the same in the first half when one of their players pushed Alfie over with both hands near the touchline , no free kick and no replay from Sky , but that was shocking but not unexpected from Brown and looking at where it happened it must have only been about 20 yards from the linesman

Brown was toying with Morelos and not wound up at all according to the Morelos bashing thread on the forum...

Never noticed this either so, well done op. But got to say, superb from big borna, hardly bats an eyelid. Broonie is irrelevant to him or, at most, a very minor irritant. He doesn't react and has the last laugh.

Outstanding spot OP.

I was going to listen to Clyde tonight to hear the continued meltdown but I’m hoping this will be discussed at length....then again!

Let’s there’s more than “dignified silence” in reaction to this.

Stooping to their level might be distasteful but they think they’re untouchable.

Good spot, I didn’t see that at the time.

Barasic is solid, he’s just brushed it off and allowed no way past for Lego. Very professional, as if he goes down and that’s spotted it’s a red for me.

Back