Which was best?

• Whittaker

Votes: 83 9.2%
  • Roofe

Votes: 818 90.8%

• Total voters

Mustang mad

2 amazing goals in European competition
Whitaker gathers the ball around halfway, beats a few and rolls it in.An amazing individual goal.
Roofe.halfway line, looks up and shells it 54 yards over the keeper and in. STUNNING.
which was best?

Roofes strike will be spoken about for decades to come, it was an astonishing goal, Whittakers goal was fantastic but it wouldn’t even make the top 20 of great Rangers goals, whereas Roofes will lay a claim to being one of our greatest goals of all time.

Two completely different goals IMO, which is pointless to compare.

Roofes effort from the halfway line, Whittaker's solo run, Rod Wallace V Borussia Dortmund (team goal) are all fantastic European goals.

Let's just be thankful these moments are continuing for younger bears.

I’m all for difference of opinions and all that, however, I would suggest anyone who seriously picks Whittaker in this poll knows the square root of eff all about football :D

Think people are being harsh on Whittaker and maybe influenced by him either being a snaky bastard or a stupid bastard post Rangers. It was a peach of a goal. That being said Roofes was fantastic, said in other thread, win ball, retain ball, beta players, create space, awareness, execution, amazing.

Which looked more likely to be a goal when they 1st touched the ball? :D

I could go from one to the other. Doesn't matter which. I know which was the most important though :D

Roofe scored from the halfway line. Whittaker’s goal was fantastic, but you see goals like that fairly often.

Roofe’s is getting talked about around the globe. I like a mazy run and flowing move as much as the next guy, but that was something really special tonight

Whitt??!?! :))

Roofe just scored a goal that will get multiple million hits on YouTube!!! There is no contest. The kids love a goal from our own half. Perfect in every way, holding it up, strength and power to beat 3 defenders and a pinpoint accurate shot that zipped over the keeper and bounced on the line in the middle of the goals.

Back