5 away games before we play Celtic

One game at a time however this is the time to put the foot down

what a fantastic position we would be in if we could run every league game up to letting those scum bags in for the new year

hand them their arses again and it could be over

Our record at Rugby park over the past few seasons has been woeful.

Exactly. If both teams win this weekend then we go to Rugby Park next week to go 7 clear, a place we have, as Sam says, been woeful the last 2 years, Betfred Cup game apart. Very tricky game.

Killie away next weekend is huge for us. Always seem to struggle there. Just got to take each game one at a time though starting tomorrow

If we can win At Kilmarnock there is a very good chance to can put a big run of wins together, while they have all the better teams away.

That random fixture generator coming back to bite them

I have no doubt that the gaffer is looking at the next fixture and treating it with the same level of intensity as we did for going to the chamber of secrets last week.

Getting though the 'random computer' fixtures that we got in the first round of matches relatively unscathed has been absolutely superb, but its important that we don't start to believe we now have a cushy run to January. We remain the team that the rest think they can and want to beat more than the mentally challengeds. Hopefully that changes at Pittodrie tomorrow and we start to see a bit more belief in the rest against them, but being notorious shitebags, I find that unlikely.

We just need to keep doing what we have been doing, make use of the hugely impressive squad Gerrard has now built and avoid runs like we have seen the last few January/February's. Get our foot on those bastards throats this time and show no mercy.

We must use the squad, especially after games in Europe. Nothing mental 2 or 3 changes max for fresh legs.

We have players now that can come in without the quality dropping. Plus the extra sub ruling means we also have the ability to revert back if need be.

Killie and scumdee utd are potential banana skins. Id love to get a result away to killie as its a place we've struggled to win at before. this team can do it

I’m more comfortable when Rangers are up against teams that want to play - or at least make an attempt at playing - football.

Some of the shįte we’re coming up against in the near future don’t deserve SKY money.

Yep. If someone tries to play football, we’ll win.

If they park the bus, we’ll struggle. I can’t think of many teams in the world who wouldn’t.

Regardless of who we play I think in order to show our true title contentions we need a right good run of wins right up to the old firm game - really set a pace and put together a run Gerrard’s Rangers never have done

Prove we’re the real deal and go on a right good run and apply proper pressure on them for the first time - watch Lennon and then crack

Looking at our fixtures I don’t see any reason why we can’t

Kilmarnock,Ross County,Dundee Utd,St Johnstone and St Mirren.

Considering we have visited the harder grounds the above games look more welcoming, now is the time to keep our run going especially when they are having a fixture backlog this is the killing ground for us.
With them having still to play their games in hand and us having to play we really need to ensure we get all 3 points in every game we play because if we drop anything the points per game average is adversely affected in favour of the mentally challengeds due to them playing fewer games- even a draw for us would see them top and possibly be champions on points per game average by virtue of dungcasters latest efforts to put in place rules to call the season

Yep. If someone tries to play football, we’ll win.

If they park the bus, we’ll struggle. I can’t think of many teams in the world who wouldn’t.
The great thing is our goals are coming from all over the place it’s clear our style of play has changed,getting an early goal is crucial in these games this is the pressure of playing for Rangers.

Kilmarnock is obviously the big test of our progress - particularly mentally. Think over the past few seasons we've shown we can beat celtic on any given day, but its the mental lapses - or slow starts - against the livi/killies of this world that really kill us. You'll drop points to hearts/hibs/aberdeen away - fine with that to a respect, but its the games we should really be burying teams thats the concern

I honestly don’t expect most of those to be welcoming fixtures. We all know how much we’ve struggled at Rugby Park the last few seasons and St Mirren always seems to be a bastard to play against away. I don’t expect Dundee Utd to take many batterings at home and they were a few minutes away from a draw with a Celtc already this season. Ross County sounds the easiest on paper but its the longest trip.

These are the kinds of winning runs we need to go on now though. We need to find the consistency to rattle out 9 or 10 wins on the bounce and make sure Celtc drop points before us if we seriously want to challenge. The last 2 seasons we’ve got ourselves in good positions, handed the advantage immediately back over and had to play catch up against a team we know aren’t going to drop many points.

I genuinely assumed that fixture 11 arranged as opposed to being luck of the draw
Yes there was only 4 rounds that it could have played on

R6 - 29th August
R7 - 12th September
R10 - 3rd October
R11 - 17th October

and round 11 was that choice We all know that was always like to happen

If we want to win the title then we need to grind the wins out at these places.

We've knocked the Scum down, time to put our boots on there neck.

Killie and scumdee utd are potential banana skins. Id love to get a result away to killie as its a place we've struggled to win at before. this team can do it
I’m not overly worried about Dundee Utd, they won’t park the bus and they aren’t that good.
But Killie are always tricky, a combination of them being well drilled in defence and that pitch always make things difficult . Both us and the shettlestons struggle there.

I think the difference this year if its not working a full front 3 and 2 midfielders can be chamged and not 1 of them will be weaker

Looking at those fixtures, I don't actually think dropped points at Killie would be the end of the world.

Would be disappointing and you know the reaction will be as OTT as usual but if we drop points there then win the rest of those games(which we will do 99 times out of 100), we'll likely be in a very strong position.

Last edited:
Looking at those fixtures, I don't actually think dropped points at Killie would be the end of the world.

Would be disappointing and you know the reaction will be as OTT as usual but if we drop points there then win the rest of those games(which we will do 99 times out of 100), we'll likely be in a very strong position.

on the contrary dropping points at this stage in these games would be a disaster as it takes the pressure off the mentally challenged, hands advantage back to them and all the doubts about our mentality come flooding back.

we need to win tomorrow and we need to beat kilnarnock and we need to keep on winning.

genuinely think we need to win EVERY game until we meet the yahoo at Ibrox.

We can’t fear or be apprehensive about these matches regardless of the past.

Simply put, if we don’t do well on that run then we don’t deserve to win it.

Rugby Park and Tannadice are where Rangers win championships.
Metaphorically as well as literally.

Considering we have visited the harder grounds the above games look more welcoming, now is the time to keep our run going especially when they are having a fixture backlog this is the killing ground for us.

We have a home game before all of these.

I’m more comfortable when Rangers are up against teams that want to play - or at least make an attempt at playing - football.

Some of the shįte we’re coming up against in the near future don’t deserve SKY money.
They may or may not deserve Sky money but they fully deserve the crowds and revenue their grounds will host.
£0.00

Filth’s next 8 games are 1 home, 1 Hampden and 6 away. Pressure is on them and their mentally fragile crackpot manager. However we must maintain our focus, in Stevie G we trust!

Kilmarnock will be the toughest from that lot

We’ve spent the last two seasons looking at on-paper easy runs of fixtures only to come unstuck. We are a better team now but it’s got to be one game at a time.

Back