BBC Radio Scotland Saturday afternoon

The notion that clubs will reach a solid majority on this is for the birds.

The only thing that is nailed on, is that while we remain clear at the top, the season would be called based on league positions. As precedents go, that one wasn’t.

I’d disagree, sounds like most of them don’t want to give the current board the broad powers they want but do agree that something needs to be put in place to decide things as self interest will mean nothing gets done, the main suggestion seems to be an actual independent board or an American style commissioner

I’d disagree, sounds like most of them don’t want to give the current board the broad powers they want but do agree that something needs to be put in place to decide things as self interest will mean nothing gets done, the main suggestion seems to be an actual independent board or an American style commissioner
It'd be the cabal's interpretation of 'independent' or they'd stitch up the appointment of the commissioner, though.

Doncaster should be told the clubs have already rejected giving them extra powers

So a few clubs want to change their mind. So what

The SPL board with Lieswell on it cannot be trusted

Let’s face it Lieswell will be chased out of Scotland if they fail to win the league this season

He needs watched like a hawk and has Doncaster and McKenzie in there to do what Lieswell wants

They(SPFL) simply need to put forward a proposal on how they see the season ending if unable to be finished due to Covid-19.
Why would they be asking for powers to make a decision that no club knows what that decision would be?
Why they are wanting to leave how the season ends for me implies one thing and that is that the decision will be dependent on something and that cannot be allowed to happen

Ridiculous that the SPFL seem to be the only association to even be discussing this right now with only a quarter of the season gone?

Every other country in Europe is only interested in completing the season while this mob look like they want to throw the towel in already?

Another long term shut down would pretty much kill Scottish football why are they so desperate to get this on the agenda now?

We need to keep winning games. If we do that there will come a time when they can't do anything but give it to us if they call it.

If they do something different to last year the fallout would be nuclear.

Even if all this comes to pass. I really don't want it given. I want a title that we can claim with pride and not a riddy.

Yep. I'm sure they will throw it back at us that our favoured option last season was null and void.
But since that was rejected then the president has been set.
If we play two rounds of fixtures then anytime after it could be called as everyone had then been home and away against each.

If we're ahead, the motion put forward will be to null and vod the season. If they are ahead, they'll just give them the title like last season.
BcQ2ZVw.gif

The most damning evidence is that they are always trying to railroad clubs down the path they want rather than giving members any real options or say. It's backwards, a false democracy, and anyone that isn't suspicious of that is naive. How many times is that now they've asked for the exact same thing?

Can see why clubs are changing their mind now. Rangers are top of the league and look a good bet to stay there, the SPL cabal l won't hand them the title, it'll be declared 'null and void' meaning - NO RELEGATION for anyone. Cowards!
Cant see Hearts signing up for that or any other teams that want promotion.
Should have been sorted at start of season. What is it Doncaster actually gets paid for?

With the exception of Neil McCann, I'm detecting a bias to setup giving the SPFL to pull the league and award it to you know who if it suits, and not award it if 'things go the wrong way.'

They never change.
I heard the St Johnstone casual and a Motherwell jakey flapping their gums about the need for “certainty” if the league season needs to be curtailed (no doubt as soon as Paedo FC have an average points per game advantage, or null and void if we have the advantage)

Utterly transparent.

So, we just need to stay ahead of them. Keep piling on the pressure. A win tomorrow, while the sheep finally do the whole of British football a favour and gub those rhats, would be a nice step in the right direction.

Last edited:
If we're ahead, the motion put forward will be to null and vod the season. If they are ahead, they'll just give them the title like last season.
They will not void the season if Sellick are still playing in Europe. All we need to do is keep winning and fight for the same rules as last season for how winner is declared, however I do not think even the SPFL could null and void the league at any point and games will still be played even if it means the youth teams playing.

Too much money involved.

With the exception of Neil McCann, I'm detecting a bias to setup giving the SPFL to pull the league and award it to you know who if it suits, and not award it if 'things go the wrong way.'

They never change.
I actually thought that the confirmed idiot, Mr Stewart said he was against it and it would not happen. Not that his opinion counts for much (certainly with me).

The cabal will be doing everything in their powers to gain control. I don't trust the clubs enough not to cave in. We simply have to stay on top of the average points per game table as they'll call it as soon as you know who are.

Given the way the fixtures fall, with us having very difficult 1st and 3rd quarters and the Dhims the opposite, they will want clubs to agree that the League cannot be 'called' unless we get to the break after 33 fixtures. Any termination before that will be deemed null and void.

Is it just me, but is Jason Leitch loving all the attention he's receiving just now?.
He certainly is and seems to becoming a "celebrity". Perhaps he will get his own game show on STV when its all over.

He did say today that he sees no reason why all this seasons football games cannot be played.

Why would they be asking for powers to make a decision that no club knows what that decision would be?

Why they are wanting to leave how the season ends for me implies one thing and that is that the decision will be dependent on something and that cannot be allowed to happen

Exactly.

Only naive buffoons, or paid-off lackeys and sympathisers, would support voting for something so outlandishly ridiculous.

SPFL are asking the wrong questions. Only sensible question is ‘how do we ensure the season is finished’ not ‘how do we look for ways to stop it’ dressed up in a series of 6 questions that give the incompetent SPFL power to apply any interpretation that suits them.

Last edited:
The likes of Brechin, Albion Rovers and East Fife should have no say in what happens to the Premiership. If leagues 1 and 2 wan to cancel part time football fair enough, but not the top league where there is money and European qualification at stake.

The likes of Brechin, Albion Rovers and East Fife should have no say in what happens to the Premiership. If leagues 1 and 2 wan to cancel part time football fair enough, but not the top league where there is money and European qualification at stake.
Correct. Premier clubs didnt vote on their 28 game season

Can see why clubs are changing their mind now. Rangers are top of the league and look a good bet to stay there, the SPL cabal l won't hand them the title, it'll be declared 'null and void' meaning - NO RELEGATION for anyone. Cowards!
This every day of the week and no one person out the rangers support will blind an eye.

Back