Itten

Why is it a pointless post? Is it pointless because you disagree?

This forum is full of people who cannot handle when someone goes against their opinion.

Opinions are like arseholes, we all have one.

I think he's alluding to the fact that your post is a bizarre contradiction.

The first statement is crazy...

Think the majority of people would agree with the latter part.

Maybe it's just the way you worded it.

I’ll go against the grain here and say he needs to improve.

He’s 24, in a new team, learning a different system, new country etc etc, thankfully he’s 24 and he has time on his side.

I’m looking forward to seeing him next season once he has had time to settle in.

Not that this was needed to make your post utterly redundant but he’s 23, not 24.

I think he's alluding to the fact that your post is a bizarre contradiction.

The first statement is crazy...

Think the majority of people would agree with the latter part.

Maybe it's just the way you worded it.
I basically said he looks awkward. He needs to improve, but he has got time on his side.

He’s far from the finished article, I think everyone can agree on that.

He will get game time, todays team shows that rotation is going to be a key element this season.
If we are as successful as all of us are wanting, he will play plenty and hopefully score plenty.

I'd have liked him to get a bit more game time today. I really like the look of him and think he will be a very good player for us.

Like the look of him and he’ll do well for us. Only slight criticism of him when he came on was wanting too many touches.

I basically said he looks awkward. He needs to improve, but he has got time on his side.

He’s far from the finished article, I think everyone can agree on that.

Literally no one on this thread has suggested he's even close to being "The finished article".

It's the contradiction in your post that people are taking issue with.

Probably just need to agree to disagree on this one.

Because you completely contradict yourself.

Even putting that to one side, to suggest Itten needs to improve at this stage of his Rangers career is ridiculous.
Itten will need to improve. I’m flabbergasted that anyone can argue against that.

From what I’ve seen, granted it’s very little, but even by the small amount I don’t see Itten as a player who will start week in week out for us anytime soon.

He’s a work in progress in terms of a coaching perspective.

I expect our coaches to improve him, and I also think with a year under his belt he’ll come on a bundle.

For that reason, I’m looking forward to seeing him next year.

If that’s contradicting myself then so be it.

I watch him and he looks awkward. I know it’s only early days, and I’ve no problem if anyone disagrees with me - I just think he needs to improve.

I see Roofe, and IMO his overall play is clearly better. Not because of his goal the other night, but he’s sharper, he’s agile and he looks like a better signing.

Like I said, Itten has time on his side and I’m looking forward to seeing how he gets on after a season under hit belt.

Just worth remembering that Roofe has experience of British football, which is played a bit differently from most other leagues. He's also experienced at playing for different clubs in general, which Itten isn't as used to.

I wouldn't compare him to Roofe, I think that's a little unfair to expect him to be as comfortable.

Helicopter Sunday, I wouldn’t worry about the hounds going on the attack. Your opinion is perfectly reasonable. You say that there needs to be more to come and are open minded enough to give him the chance to do so. That’s perfectly valid. He scored a great goal in one game and has done very little else of note. There is no harm in being honest.

He hasn’t done enough yet. He hasn’t been given the opportunity to do enough yet. The two points are not mutually exclusive.

Like you I hope there is better to come. He has shown some good touches, he has at times turned the ball over too easy, failed to hold it up and given away clumsy fouls. He looks raw, but has some attributes that no doubt our coaching team can shape into an Effective player.

Itten will need to improve. I’m flabbergasted that anyone can argue against that.

From what I’ve seen, granted it’s very little, but even by the small amount I don’t see Itten as a player who will start week in week out for us anytime soon.

I expect our coaches to improve him, and I also think with a year under his belt he’ll come on a bundle.

Also it would be interesting to see if those who are trying to overplay what Itten has done so far are the same who try to run Morelos down at every opportunity as that would explain a lot.

I think when we signed him it was because we thought Morelos was leaving, so that’ll be why his game time is as limited just now, we will probably see the best of Itten next season and so on. I think he will become a top striker for us to be honest, I like a lot of what I see in the big man.
If we signed him to replace Morelos then he was considered good enough to do so , so why not now?

So you’ve said he needs to improve but you’ve seen very little of him.

You’ve contradicted yourself again

How can you make an accurate assumption that he needs to improve and furthermore, on what he specifically needs to improve on?

We have all seen several players take time settle and adapt to how the management team want us to play. From a coaching point of view players may be getting asked to play a bit smarter than they were asked at their previous club. I’ve been impressed this season. Things look like they are starting to click on the pitch.

I have every confidence Itten will come good.

i
So you’ve said he needs to improve but you’ve seen very little of him.

You’ve contradicted yourself again

How can you make an accurate assumption that he needs to improve and furthermore, on what he specifically needs to improve on?
His all round play. Like I said, I think he looks awkward with the ball at his feet. A number of times he has gave the ball away cheaply.

He has already said that he needs time to adjust to physicality of Scottish football. That’s something he can improve.

He’s played 8 games for us now. I think that’s sufficient time to judge him, although I understand people will have different opinions and judge him differently - as you have.

And I haven’t judged him harshly, I’ve just said he needs to improve. Which he can IMO.

I watch him and he looks awkward. I know it’s only early days, and I’ve no problem if anyone disagrees with me - I just think he needs to improve.

I see Roofe, and IMO his overall play is clearly better. Not because of his goal the other night, but he’s sharper, he’s agile and he looks like a better signing.

Like I said, Itten has time on his side and I’m looking forward to seeing how he gets on after a season under hit belt.

Itten was the better of the two today when they both were on

I'm extremely impressed with our squad depth right now and the different attributes each striker brings.

Encouraging on a number of different levels
This. What a difference from last season. Two good teams in there now. Very happy with how it's shaping up. Always nervous we wouldn't have squad depth for Europe but have to say I think SG is learning fast too. It was always a three year plan for me. Winning anything in year one or two would have been a bonus.

I think we can all be grateful for the off-the-field competence to get us in the position where there is no urgent need to get Itten up to speed?

I agree with your post here 100 percent.

I thought his control and holdup play was excellent when he came on, it might be hard for him to get a run of games but he has impressed me in the short time we have seen him, a really tidy player with a great attitude.

Hopefully he gets a start soon.
Agreed- hes not really had much of a chance so far but I think theres a quality player in there

Recoba, I think you pretty much nailed it in your post.
Itten looks like he will be good for us, always looking for a pass and getting in to good positions.
Looks like an unselfish team player and a few more run outs will do his confidence no harm. Loves being at Rangers as well.

I like the look of him, needs game time but i think he will contribute some goals

i

His all round play. Like I said, I think he looks awkward with the ball at his feet. A number of times he has gave the ball away cheaply.

He has already said that he needs time to adjust to physicality of Scottish football. That’s something he can improve.

He’s played 8 games for us now. I think that’s sufficient time to judge him, although I understand people will have different opinions and judge him differently - as you have.

And I haven’t judged him harshly, I’ve just said he needs to improve. Which he can IMO.

Saying he’s played 8 games is pretty misleading when he’s been a substitute coming in to the match for pretty much all of those appearances.

You’ve said you have seen little of him but continue to post about how he can improve.

I find that impossible to take seriously tbh.

He’s a different type of striker than Morelos / Roofe and gives us another option to play differently.

Looks strong , can finish well, still young and a Swiss International. Yes he’s not perfect but you can coach ability. Plenty time for him - he’s still new.

I think he will be good.

Saying he’s played 8 games is pretty misleading when he’s been a substitute coming in to the match for pretty much all of those appearances.

You’ve said you have seen little of him but continue to post about how he can improve.

I find that impossible to take seriously tbh.
Take a look at almost every post from everyone on here.

“He needs time”
“He‘ll come good”
“He’ll be our number 1 forward in the future”

All these quotes suggest he will need to improve.

Please offer a counter argument.

What parts of Itten’s game do you think are the finished article and suggest that he can play week in week out for Rangers right now?

I genuinely look forward to your response here because you will find that your first thoughts are exactly the same as mine, he’ll need to improve.

“He needs time”
“He‘ll come good”

What parts of Itten’s game do you think are the finished article and suggest that he can play week in week out for Rangers right now?

I genuinely look forward to your response here because you will find that your first thoughts are exactly the same as mine, he’ll need to improve.

The wording is daft. You could have put it differently. Itten can and will get better as a footballer. But when you read "he needs to improve" it tends to suggest he is a hindrance or not contributing, which is not the case.

Itten's performances - which have been fleeting so far - have been fine and he's shown what he's all about in glimpses. He again looked sharp today.

He looks comfortable on the ball and mobile. I think he looks decent.

The fact that he is coming into a team that is playing well and winning will help build his confidence. Its not as if we are playing rubbish, throwing him on for the last 10 mins desperate for a goal and launching crosses into the box.

His challenge will be getting enough game time to make his mark. That's life at a big club though.

I think he’s gonna be one of those playerrs who struggle to get a game at first but then go on to be unstoppable. I like the big man he’s one of my favourite players the now

“He needs time”
“He‘ll come good”

I can’t offer an opinion on him because I haven’t seen enough of him before joining us or since he has joined us to make an accurate assessment.

I think that’s fairer on the player given he’s played less than 300 minutes rather than just riveting on about how he needs to improve despite admitting you’ve barely seen him.

I’ll go against the grain here and say he needs to improve.

He’s 24, in a new team, learning a different system, new country etc etc, thankfully he’s 24 and he has time on his side.

I’m looking forward to seeing him next season once he has had time to settle in.
I agree with this. Some good signs though. The beauty of having so many good options is that he will get that time. Gone are the days when we signed guys and within 2 games needed them to be mainstays in the side. He needs a run of games to get up to speed. I can't believe I'm saying this, but a win on Thursday night would maybe give us the luxury of having him start in the Europa league.

I can’t offer an opinion on him because I haven’t seen enough of him before joining us or since he has joined us to make an accurate assessment.

I think that’s fairer on the player given he’s played less than 300 minutes rather than just riveting on about how he needs to improve despite admitting you’ve barely seen him.
I’ll ask you in a few months.

I’ll ask you in a few months.

Mate, those who don’t think he needs to do more are delusional.

yes, he’s had little time. Hard life of a guy not in the first choice plans. But he’s done nothing to suggest he deserves a start yet. Will likely have to wait for injuries and severe loss off form to Morelos, Roofe and Defoe to get a start.

Thats not bashing him, it’s not writing him off. It’s just an accurate and honest assessment of the situation.

If you had to assign a probability of each of the strikers starting midweek, Itten would be a distant 4th behind the other 3. What does that tell us.

Now having said that, Gerrard could throw him in because the Poles look very weak relative to the rest of the group and there are indications Gerrard is slightly prioritising the league (benching Davis and bringing in Balogun for Helander to play Standard away, arguably our hardest game of the year, points towards The manager favouring the league) so SG could throw Itten in for a start in a home match against “inferior“ opposition.

But it is clear that currently, I stress currently, Itten is 4th in the striking pecking order and needs to offer more when he comes on to force his way in to the first XI.

He needs to get a lot better and like you I think he will in time.

Imagine having to patronise someone for even daring to having a different opinion.

I’m not patronising you for having a different opinion.

I’m simply highlighting how ridiculous it is for you to form that opinion based on the words you wrote yourself earlier in the thread.

I’m not patronising you for having a different opinion.

I’m simply highlighting how ridiculous it is for you to form that opinion based on the words you wrote yourself earlier in the thread.

-

I absolutely stand by what I said.

I don’t need 20 starts to see that someone is behind the other forwards in the squad.

I don’t need 20 starts to see that he’s not a first teamer.

Itten will not be a regular this season. Why? Because he’s simply not as good as the other players. How do I know that? Because he isn’t playing. Which of course suggests he will need to improve.

I’m not writing him off. I acknowledge he’s got a chance.

Mate, you disagree and I’m absolutely fine with it.

I’ll ask you again in a few months when you have had time to judge him. But I stand by my judgement.

My front 3 next week would, if all fit, be Barker, Itten and Jones.

2 out of they 3 have played loads of football on plastic pitches and Barker has the pace we need to get in behind them.

If we move the ball quickly from midfield to forwards, these 3 could have a field day

-

I absolutely stand by what I said.

I don’t need 20 starts to see that someone is behind the other forwards in the squad.

I don’t need 20 starts to see that he’s not a first teamer.

Itten will not be a regular this season. Why? Because he’s simply not as good as the other players. How do I know that? Because he isn’t playing. Which of course suggests he will need to improve.

I’m not writing him off. I acknowledge he’s got a chance.

Mate, you disagree and I’m absolutely fine with it.

I’ll ask you again in a few months when you have had time to judge him. But I stand by my judgement.

He clearly is a first teamer given he’s around the first team for every single game.

Saying you don’t need twenty games to essentially judge a player is as hilarious as it is ludicrous and pretty much backs up your ill informed opinions throughout this thread.

You have nothing solid, nothing you’ve actually seen to base your opinions on. You have said it yourself that you’ve barely seen him so to judge him this early in to his Rangers career, when he’s also been injured, is nonsense.

He clearly is a first teamer given he’s around the first team for every single game.

Saying you don’t need twenty games to essentially judge a player is as hilarious as it is ludicrous and pretty much backs up your ill informed opinions throughout this thread.

You have nothing solid, nothing you’ve actually seen to base your opinions on. You have said it yourself that you’ve barely seen him so to judge him this early in to his Rangers career, when he’s also been injured, is nonsense.
Let’s just see how many games Itten starts this season. We both know it won’t be many, because like I said, in terms of ability he’s behind the others. You need 20 games to see it, I don’t.

I’ll drop into this thread in a few months and we’ll see how our opinions vary.

Nice chatting, DelPiero.

My front 3 next week would, if all fit, be Barker, Itten and Jones.

2 out of they 3 have played loads of football on plastic pitches and Barker has the pace we need to get in behind them.

If we move the ball quickly from midfield to forwards, these 3 could have a field day
This is an absolutley mental shout mate

Let’s just see how many games Itten starts this season. We both know it won’t be many, because like I said, in terms of ability he’s behind the others. You need 20 games to see it, I don’t.

I’ll drop into this thread in a few months and we’ll see how our opinions vary.

Nice chatting, DelPiero.

I don’t know where you’re getting this 20 games chat from? I never mentioned how many games I needed so you’ve just made that up to suit your own argument.

There you go again, making a definitive statement about Itten’s ability when you’ve already stated that you’ve barely seen him play.

Fair play though, looks like you’ll be wanting a Rangers player to do poorly so you can validate your nonsensical opinion on this forum.

Very weird behaviour.

Back