Dundee United open talks over drastic wage cuts

Scrubs UK

Dundee United open talks with Micky Mellon and players over drastic wage cuts​

DUNDEE UNITED have today opened talks with manager Micky Mellon and his players over drastic wage cuts.

SunSport Online can reveal the cash-strapped Tannadice club are desperate to slash their salary bill.

And they’ve approached boss Mellon, his backroom staff and players to ask them to accept a 20 percent drop in money until the end of the season.

Crucially, though, it’s believed the club’s bid to halt spiralling costs does NOT include their summer signings.

Ryan Edwards and Jeando Fuchs have been given big money contracts.

But it’s understood the club doesn’t expect them to accept wage-cuts - which has left their team-mates stunned.

As yet no agreement has been struck.

But after today's discussions United chief Tony Ashgar is hopeful Mellon and his players will agree to the deal being proposed for the next six months.

United’s serious cash worries have mounted because of the Covid-19 crisis with no gate money being earned.

2fb1f0ff1589fb03ffa4814f3aef0929.jpg

Isn’t it simpler to ground share and sell off there stadium ?

re Edwards not having a cut , to think that type of lying trash is where your star salary is spent seems to me a terrible indictment of that team .

for me this shows it’s an ideal season to apply pressure on them , so IF fans are allowed back then imo our fans should skip taking tickets for there ground .

They just signed McNulty on loan about two weeks ago and are paying a chunk of his wages.

Bizarre.
Ye so they should be able to have a cash yield from there gambling bets on outcomes - no requirement to cut the salaries then .
McNulty having his salary reduced ?

I had assumed throwing money at Shankland was to get them up, which they did, before selling him, which they didn’t.

The anticipated bids must not have materialised.

Aw well, %^*&’em.

Personally don’t disagree with the sentiment of the majority on here but often wonder what the thoughts of the likes of Walter Smith, Richard Gough and Derek Johnstone are given there previous close connections.

Back