Castore and Newcastle.

Jose Calypso

Official Ticketer
I see Castore will be making Newcastle’s kit.
No doubt this will ruffle a few feathers and get people angry for no reason.

Rangers' kit manufacturers Castore have agreed a deal with Newcastle United to become their new suppliers, according to reports.

The Liverpool-based brand have been looking to expand their portfolio of football clubs after signing a £25million deal with Rangers earlier this year. The sportswear company revealed at the time of their multi-year deal with the Ibrox club that they wanted to partner up with more of the top clubs in the world.

Now, according to Sportcal.com, Beahon brothers Tom and Phil - Castore's co-founders - have penned a deal with the Geordie club. Newcastle are reportedly set to ditch Puma for the new manufacturer.

Any other club under the restraint of fat Mike and this deal would have been a financial disaster for Castore, but the Geordies are as thick as pig shite and still buy in their thousands.

Could it be that to sell the club the buyers dont want any connections to Fat Mikes companies?
Fact is we are making money from Castore and that is fine by me

Really hope this is not the case, we have an excellent deal with castore but last thing we need is a repeat of the Elite issues where they just stop making payments

So we get out the sports direct retail deal one minute and now the next season the Scouse Trotter brothers are in bed with newcastle...

A geordie I know who was very active with a Newcastle fans group against Ashley told me Ashley is in with castore. I know castore denied this and said he has no involvement whatsoever.

Market forces at play. They said they wanted to get a EPL team next season. Newcastle are a good club to be your 1st down there. Big passionate support. As simple as that. Let's face it they weren't going to go in and get a Liverpool or Chelsea. Was going to be tier or 2 down and Newcastle are a better get than Burnley,Southampton etc.

Conspiracies abound in life, and this should be watched closely. Next thing is SD will run up a big bill with Castore and then start dictating to them as to what they should be doing. If Castore want to get paid by Newcastle, they'll have to not pay us. Nothing would surprise me.

What people need to think about is this is not Adidas or Nike doing both teams merchandise,which would not be a story due to the size of these companies. This is a tiny company with very little experience in retail never mind sport's merchandise and shirt deals. Through in the obvious alarm bell ringing over Ashley, and we should as fans have concerns.

Conspiracies abound in life, and this should be watched closely. Next thing is SD will run up a big bill with Castore and then start dictating to them as to what they should be doing. If Castore want to get paid by Newcastle, they'll have to not pay us. Nothing would surprise me.
That would result in breach of contract and in turn see Castore in court without a preverbial leg to stand on.

There are no friends in business, only aquaintances. As long as they stick to the deal it's not our concern. If they dont it will be another court case.

Think about it logically.

Ashley had a matching clause.

Castore put in a bid he couldn't match.

He doesn't have any shares in Castore. His deal with rangers is beaten.

If he had influence at Castore, why would he outbid himself and basically lose his matching clause which he had forever?

Rangers are free of him. If he buys shares in Castore then that's his business but he has no hold over our retail at all now. We just move onto someone else next time.

You can’t deny it looks bad though.

Off all the clubs they could have picked they had to choose Ashley’s club.

Of all days for this to leak the day our retro shirt launches.

He loves fucking us about.

Castore imo will have his hand behind them that’s just my opinion and the way they have operated and lied has his stink all over it.

For the 1st time in years the club are actually making money amdrom kit sales and im sure castore are as well so i dont see how this really concerns us tbh. They obviously had contact with sd abd ashley to be a outlet to sell the kits so no surprise a question was asked on producing newcastle's.
The main issue i have however is the lack of a kit to buy for my toddler for his xmas and with them struggling to meet our demands just now i worry it'll get worse when they have to juggle between us and newcastle.

Of all days for this to leak the day our retro shirt launches.

He loves fucking us about.

Castore imo will have his hand behind them that’s just my opinion and the way they have operated and lied has his stink all over it.
There's no basis for that though. The Beahon's have outright denied the Fat C*nt is involved in their Company. You can check their major shareholders on the Companies House website as well. Castore will also be well aware that if the Fat C*nt did try to get involved with them then they'd be done with a large chunk of the Rangers fanbase.

Does that mean some deals haven't been done as part of the 'severance' deal with the Fat C*nt - perhaps ensuring he gets merchandise ahead of other High Street traders? No, it doesn't. Its a huge leap from that to suggesting the Fat C*nt has any control in Castore though.

Back