John Greig - 75 Today

happy birthday to our greatest ever ranger, absolute gentlemen and a real legend of our club

Everyone talks of John Greig the hardman, the leader, the never say die warror. He was all of those, and brilliant at them, but firstly he was a bloody good footballer.
Capped by his country as a right back, a centre back, a left back and a midfielder. 120 goals for Rangers (more than Mark Hateley). A key man in 3 treble winning teams.

There are many worthy candidates from our magnificent past to sit at the very top table. John Greig is beyond debate as to having a place there.

My boyhood hero, and I feel privileged to have idolised him.

Happy Birthday to my all time hero. Privileged to have met you and for the time you afforded me on my 60th birthday.
A true legend and a great person.

A true legend, One of my favourite players watching in the 70's.
My strangest memory is hoisting him up on our shoulders at Chesterfield away when we got gubbed in the Anglo-Scottish cup.

Happy birthday John. Legend is an overused word in football but in his case it's not. Many happy returns!

Happy birthday, was a privilege to have watched him throughout his career, carried us for years and what a shot he had, hope you have plenty more years to come captain.

Everyone talks of John Greig the hardman, the leader, the never say die warror. He was all of those, and brilliant at them, but firstly he was a bloody good footballer.
Capped by his country as a right back, a centre back, a left back and a midfielder. 120 goals for Rangers (more than Mark Hateley). A key man in 3 treble winning teams.

There are many worthy candidates from our magnificent past to sit at the very top table. John Greig is beyond debate as to having a place there.

Saved me typing it, well said mate

Great post, my hero as well. I remember being 3:1 down against Morton and the big man rattled in two long range goals to save a point.

Happy birthday. Two games against Thistle to get you fit then you can put Broonie in yer back pocket when we play the scum. Seriously, it was a privilege to watch you in the blue and white.

dwc4VOw.jpg

Happy Birthday big John G. An absolute hero of mine when I first started going to Ibrox in 1975 age 9. I was lucky to see you win 2 trebles in my first 4 years of follow following. A leader of men. A winner. A great Ranger. A legend !!

To those of us who grew up worshipping him it's a scary thought that he's now the grand old age of 75. Funny thing though is that's he ageless, he'll always be the hero wearing our famous shirt, captaining the Mighty. Happy birthday Sir!

Best wishes, Mr Greig. As a young lad in the late sixties, I idolised him and I still remember the excitement I felt when I first went to a game and saw him playing.

A true Rangers great.

Happy birthday to a great Ranger and great player.

Somebody please put up the goal against the yahoos when he played to the whistle.

Latest posts

Back