Andy Halliday if Hearts win the Scottish Cup

GF7

Don't know if this has been covered anywhere but as Hearts are now in what is last season's Scottish Cup final, Andy Halliday could win the Scottish Cup for the team that put his former team out of the same competition in the previous round.

I'd imagine due to players usually being Cup tied this would be a first?

Sort of makes more of a farce of it being completed now when the league was deemed not possible.

Competition is a complete farce and only being played to a conclusion for the satisfaction of one club.

A disgrace.
I agree but it might very well backfire on them. If they beat Aberdeen on Sunday they will have yet another game to squeeze in on top of the two they already have to fit in somewhere (and that's not including further potential covid postponements)

Competition is a complete farce and only being played to a conclusion for the satisfaction of one club.

A disgrace.

What would you say if we had beaten Hearts and were the ones playing today. You think Aberdeen, Hibs and Hearts would be happy with the competition just ending?

What would you say if we had beaten Hearts and were the ones playing today. You think Aberdeen, Hibs and Hearts would be happy with the competition just ending?
We wanted the season played to a close though.

I genuinely believe the competition should have been voided when the decision to the end the league was made whether we had beaten hearts or not.

Ideal scenario would be hearts beating them in the final. I would be quite happy for that lot to win tomorrow then drop another match behind us when the final is played.

Reactions: GF7
Ideal scenario would be hearts beating them in the final. I would be quite happy for that lot to win tomorrow then drop another match behind us when the final is played.
As much as I want them to lose every game they play, what you have said is the best logical situation for us.

Hearts have no love for them either, even less so now from the fiasco a few mo ths ago. For all Naismith's faults, he absolutely loathes that lot

I suspect it’s more to do with tv and sponsorship contracts and how much the SFA would have to pay back if they can’t deliver

They had no issues doing it with the tv and sponsor deals for the league.

The result of that was that our new tv deal with Sky was raped and pillaged to Skys satisfaction to compensate them for last seasons losses. BT also had to be compensated.

We are the only country in the world that still has a domestic cup competition running from last season, and it’s all being done for one club.

We wanted the season played to a close though.

I genuinely believe the competition should have been voided when the decision to the end the league was made whether we had beaten hearts or not.
Yes we wanted the season played to a close while the League was more difficult to complete the Scottish Cup should have played at the end of July when it matter in terms of a European place only 3 games

Other countries did the same for cup competitions that didn't complete the League season as UEFA had set a deadline of 3rd August for each association to nominate their teams for European Competition for 2020.21

However the Scottish FA decided otherwise

He will do what he used to do v Celtic when he first played for Hearts. Drop clangers for fun
I think the opposite tbh. Can see a Forster type final performance from Gordon. Think him feeling he should still be their number one and seeing Bain and a fellow donkey there instead, he will want to prove a point to Lennon. Throw in Naismith and AH wanting to destroy them and payback for relegation and it won't be as easy as many will predict.

They had no issues doing it with the tv and sponsor deals for the league.

The result of that was that our new tv deal with Sky was raped and pillaged to Skys satisfaction to compensate them for last seasons losses. BT also had to be compensated.

We are the only country in the world that still has a domestic cup competition running from last season, and it’s all being done for one club.
Spanish Cup Final still to played and both clubs only want to play with fans inside

I think the opposite tbh. Can see a Forster type final performance from Gordon. Think him feeling he should still be their number one and seeing Bain and a fellow donkey there instead, he will want to prove a point to Lennon. Throw in Naismith and AH wanting to destroy them and payback for relegation and it won't be as easy as many will predict.
Did you see Naismith try to run tonight?

Don't know if this has been covered anywhere but as Hearts are now in what is last season's Scottish Cup final, Andy Halliday could win the Scottish Cup for the team that put his former team out of the same competition in the previous round.

I'd imagine due to players usually being Cup tied this would be a first?

Sort of makes more of a farce of it being completed now when the league was deemed not possible.
When was being cup-tied first brought in as a rule? Surely that must've happened before.

Apparently Halliday was playing for his boyhood heroes tonight.
Well according to BBC live text anyway.
They really are a bitter rancid bunch

Players who weren’t eligible when the competition started are now playing in it.

Players have played in the same competition for more than one club.

Players who were eligible for the whole competition have now moved on because their contracts expired after the competition was supposed to have ended.

Sporting disintegrity is alive and well in Scotland.

Sport is based on integrity otherwise it is not sport.

Back