Rangers Statement on Edmondson and Jones breaking Covid regulations

Do they live together or near each other?

cant believe they’ve been so daft
No, they don’t
Im not entirely sure to be honest with you just by going with stuff I've read in here about him growing up a Rangers fan. You know how these things can be blown out of perspective so he might not have been.

But IF he was it would be absolute madness to risk blowing it all for the sake of a stupid house party. He is living thousands of peoples dream and earning an absolute fortune. To go and throw that away after being given a 2nd chance is insane.

Totally agree mate.

If there are no further twists to this tale I'd pay Jones off and tell him to go and never return, questionable attitudes are tolerated in players who deliver but not in those who were never good enough. Edmundson should be given notice that he's on his last warning and has a hell of a lot of making up to do.

FFs rangers fans calling SSB talking about "ohh we could have had to forfeit the Uefa game, then hamilton and then maybe points deducted"

They've done it and it has been dealt with all if buts and maybes are just superfilous.

FFs Rangers fans calling SSB talking about "ohh we could have had to forfeit the Uefa game, then hamilton and then maybe points deducted"

They've done it and it has been dealt with all if buts and maybes are just superfilous.
Yeah, at the end of it all we’ve had a lucky escape because this could have been so much worse than the bad press it’s bringing so I’m feeling more relief than anything now. If the selfish imbeciles hadn’t been caught they’d have rolled up to training and risked infecting everyone. And for what, a daft party? Yeah the pair of them can bolt anyway.

Edmundson I expected better. Jones really has made a cant of it. Punt him in January. Even more a slap in the face because he's a so called fan and knows what's at stake this year. Clown.

I would see them suspended for 14 days while the club carry out their investigation. Once concluded they return to training and if they are to be got rid of then sell or use them to deal in the transfer window. definitely no sackings as I don’t believe that other clubs should profit from this clubs misfortune.

Pair of stupid kunts. What would have happened if they hadn't been found out. Were they both willing to risk catching the virus last night and then willingly mix with the rest of the squad. Get the two of them to fcuk. It's gross misconduct in my opinion

Yeah, at the end of it all we’ve had a lucky escape because this could have been so much worse than the bad press it’s bringing so I’m feeling more relief than anything now. If the selfish imbeciles hadn’t been caught they’d have rolled up to training and risked infecting everyone. And for what, a daft party? Yeah the pair of them can bolt anyway.

It could have been worse, you are right, however, we're not and going on radio talking how bad it could have been is not for me.

Absolute idiots the two of them! Can only imagine how many times it has been stressed to them the importance of following the rules. Especially following the bolingoli one

Couple of things that I just cannot understand at all:

Not only break the rules but with random people and posing for photos. Wtf!

Surely someone they spoke to, either at the party or one their mates tell them to %^*& off home and stop being so stupid.

I would absolutely love to be in the players group chat and see the reaction from the rest of the players who have worked ever so hard to get where we are this season. For that reason alone I think neither will play another game for us!

Pair of clowns man.

Punt Jones, clearly the boys a fanny.

Edmundson, I’d maybe give him the benefit of the doubt, based on past behaviour.

Absolute idiots the two of them! Can only imagine how many times it has been stressed to them the importance of following the rules. Especially following the bolingoli one

Couple of things that I just cannot understand at all:

Not only break the rules but with random people and posing for photos. Wtf!

Surely someone they spoke to, either at the party or one their mates tell them to %^*& off home and stop being so stupid.

I would absolutely love to be in the players group chat and see the reaction from the rest of the players who have worked ever so hard to get where we are this season. For that reason alone I think neither will play another game for us!
Is there photos of them online?

They aren't going to get sacked.

Thats silly talk.

But they've broken the trust of the manager, their teammates and the fans. Theres no way back for them.

There is to much at stake this season and naive isn't even a word you could use. Its just utter madness why they would think that would be ok.

I

Scottish govt have congratulated the club. What more do you want, burning at the stake in George square at midnight.
What more do *I* want? I don't want anything to happen to our club. We're talking about what the SPFL will do and history has shown us, in recent years, when it comes to Rangers that the rule book is followed slightly differently than it is for other teams. I can come back with ten clear cut examples if you like, just let me know if you are still sceptical.

Already got mental Celtic fans posting pictures of Morelos and Jones trying to claim it’s from Sunday. Absolute freaks. They really hate Morelos don’t they?

Already got mental Celtic fans posting pictures of Morelos and Jones trying to claim it’s from Sunday. Absolute freaks. They really hate Morelos don’t they?
It was from the start of the year and theres a post of it in October. They also have a picture of arfields 'birthday balloons' as if he was at a party!

Wish ah could find the photos that were going around when Griffiths done exactly the same at his birthday to shut some poets noise up.

How may it actually result in an outbreak at the club when they havent been in contact with anyone from the club? Covid going over the internet now??
Lets stick to facts. They fucked up and are now suspended and self isolating.
Because if they’ve been caught last night, we don’t know when else they may have broken protocol. Obviously there is no evidence they’ve done so, so I’m not going to criticise them for a hypothetical. But given their contempt for the club’s instructions, it’s not outwith the realms of possibility, is it?

Reactions: GF7
I would see them suspended for 14 days while the club carry out their investigation. Once concluded they return to training and if they are to be got rid of then sell or use them to deal in the transfer window. definitely no sackings as I don’t believe that other clubs should profit from this clubs misfortune.

I wouldn’t trust them tbh to return to the squad.

they will be at the bottom of a very deep list.

train in their own bubble away from rest of them.

Is Jordan actually a secret agent for them? He has not shown the attitude of a rangers fan nevermind a player.

First old firm game, gets himself a red card and an injury for a fukwit challenge that didn't need to be made. Somehow got himself back into at least the fringes of the team this year and then does this.

If Gerrard hadn't already made his mind up about Jones this must be the confirmation he can't be trusted on or off the field.

Edmundsen hasn't done himself any favours either but it does seem to be his first major error.

My guess is 2 week fines for both and Jones punted in January and a last chance for edmundsen.

What a pair of selfish idiots. My initial reaction is for both of them to get the sack. Inexcusable behaviour that could have jeapordised so much. They have let themselves, the club, their team mates and all us fans down.

Now that I have considered it more I don't think any immediate decision on their future is required. Club have done the right thing in suspending them and opening an investigation. Make a decision after the investigation has concluded and how much remorse they show for their actions.

We are not in a position to dismiss two capable squad players until atleast January due to potential injuries and suspensions, any january replacement is also a gamble.

Because if they’ve been caught last night, we don’t know when else they may have broken protocol. Obviously there is no evidence they’ve done so, so I’m not going to criticise them for a hypothetical. But given their contempt for the club’s instructions, it’s not outwith the realms of possibility, is it?
if my auntie had bollocks she would be my uncle

Side note, the Jordon Jones thread must be the quickest cut I’ve seen, gone in 30 seconds. Impressive stuff.

What more do *I* want? I don't want anything to happen to our club. We're talking about what the SPFL will do and history has shown us, in recent years, when it comes to Rangers that the rule book is followed slightly differently than it is for other teams. I can come back with ten clear cut examples if you like, just let me know if you are still sceptical.
Aye ok, I'm chillin out, I suggest you do the same.

The nats have given the club a pass. If the rulers of the game want to punish us more so than the rest, then we will be able to wipe the floor with them. In fact I hope they try it.

Completely relevant. You’re the one that waded in talking pish when I was specifically talking to someone who wants them both sacked, so talking about other punishments and being treated different is what’s irrelevant here.

I’ve stated on this thread that I think Jones is done and Edmundson will be on a final warning, I fully expect them to be treated differently based on their past contributions. That wasn’t what was being discussed though.

It’s ok to admit you’re wrong sometimes, Spooge.
Then admit it.

Back