MOTM Poll Rangers v Aberdeen - 12:00 Sunday - Sky Sports

Your Man of the Match

• Total voters
Decent first half and 2 up. Morelos has been very very poor in that first half so would hope if he performs second half, we create and score more. Could do with Balogun waking up a bit too. Couple of times he’s nearly cost us.

In the main, another positive half however.

Alfie has been fantastic, I know he's lacking goals but the team are more than making up for it around him.
His defending from the front closing everything down is great and his link up past has improved immensely the past few weeks.
I know Defoe took him under his wing last year but I think you can see a bit of Roofe's play rubbing of on him as well this season.
He's learning from both and will be a better rounded player for it
You'll notice there's 2 players drew in touch tight to Morelos every single time, he's earned the reputation that they are scared stiff of him! No coincidence the 2 forwards around him have had the space to score 2 super goals

Got to be delighted by that first half . Walsh is normally a good ref but his yahoo tendencies showing through today . Not giving that penalty is absolutely unbelievable stuff . It should be 3/0 and game out of reach .

Morelos. A shadow of his former self and has been for almost a year.

Midfield lacking the class, calmness and composure that normally comes from Kamara and/or Davis. Arfield losing far too much possession, as usual, and his positional play is lacking.

We're doing ok, but definitely areas of improvement required.

Alfie has been fantastic, I know he's lacking goals but the team are more than making up for it around him.
His defending from the front closing everything down is great and his link up past has improved immensely the past few weeks.
I know Defoe took him under his wing last year but I think you can see a bit of Roofe's play rubbing of on him as well this season.
He's learning from both and will be a better rounded player for it
Quite a few here not agreeing with you :D

Have you been watching his linkup and holding up play there? He’s a bigger asset to this team now, the focus he gets from defenders gives the space for a start.

Lay off, we are 2-0 up and cruising and you pick that out? Enjoy the positives?
Yes and it's absolutely awful.

All he has done in this game is start counter attacks for Aberdeen.

Controlling the game without really playing anywhere near our best. Lots of sloppy passes and overall slack play
Last year we'd been struggling. This year I'm whinging about being two up and in total control of the game.
Still need to cut out the slackness.

I’m delighted with 2-0 at half time.
it could have been more but it’s a great lead to take in at the break.
I expect at least one more from us in the second half. I have us on at William Hill for 3-0 and Tav to score at any time.

Happy with that so far

Should be more up and honestly how that’s not a pen I will never know

Alfie very poor though today and gives it away in terrible areas

we should have gone for the jugular that first half we have been by far the better team that half and at 3-0 that would be it and we’d be looking at adding to the scoreline when the opportunity arrives. Comfortable first half though.

Canny believe you cunts are still in here gurning about any tiny negative you can find.

Morelos has held the ball up well 5 or 6 times and given it away twice. He hasn't been great but him dropping deep makes the space for your new favourites to destroy teams.

I don't know why, but I'm still a tad edgy about this game despite 2-0. They've cut through our midfield on quite a few occasions already, thankfully their finishing has been poor. A quick Rangers goal to finish it early second half will do it.

Another very impressive first half of football, everyone is at it today other than Morelos. His inconsistency this season is becoming a real concern.

Morelos. A shadow of his former self and has been for almost a year.

Midfield lacking the class, calmness as and composure that normally cones from Kamara and/or Davis. Arfield losing far too much possession, as usualand his positional play is lacking.

What fùcking game are you watching? We’ve completely outclassed then in midfield. They changed formation because of it.

Playing well. Only concern is how leggy we look at the back. Balogun in particular. Morelos just isn't the player he was.

Very satisfactory first half, even if Aberdeen do look a bit too much of a threat when they get forward.

Rangers are a good team going forward now, we have so many options in what to do. Threat all over the park, it's great to watch.

Good first half.

Our movement really is top class.

Think we could be doing with a 3rd as Cosgrove and Hedges are a danger.

How that ref never gave that penalty i will never know. A stonewaller.
He’s nearly as close as Beaton was to Morelos up there and with the same line of vision.
Terrible decision.

Good performance. Should have had another via Kent and an absolute stonewaller turned down by that cheat in the black.

Goodness me. Thought I’d stick my head in the match thread to see some positive comments after a dominant first half display against a side we’ve struggled against. Should be 4 up if not for Kent missing a sitter and a blatant stonewall penalty being denied.

Instead, Roofe and Morelos are apparently awful.

Well I must be watching a different match as think they have both been excellent.

Back