Do we ring the changes for Falkirk?

Gazza 8

Official Ticketer
Personally I'd like to see 5/6 changes on Sunday.

That was a gruling 90 minutes of hard running with no subs.

Bassey
Helander
Barjonas??
Hagi
Barker
Itten
Defoe

I know Sunday's a big game but for me we need to be brave and put more trust in these guys.. we're playing every 3/4 days for the next month.

I'll go with

Mclaughlin
Tav
Goldson
Helander
Bassey
Jack (if fit)
Zungu (if fit)
Aribo (if fit)
Hagi
Itten
Barker

If the midfield isn't fit I can see Arfield and Kamara starting with one of Barjonas or Dickson

I'd say the certainties to come in are McLaughlin, Bassey, Helander, Hagi, Itten and Defoe. Might be missing someone obvious, and I'm not sure who's going to be fit out of Jack, Zungu and Aribo

Edit: Will be interesting to see if Jones and Edmundson are involved
Edit 2: Somehow forgot they're suspended

Last edited:
Defensively and up front will see numerous changes, big possibility of Jack, Aribo and Zungu being unavailable so very likely the same 3 will start again from tonight.

Can’t argue with that team. Maybe bring Barjonas in or King?
Ideally would be resting Tav and Goldson but doesn’t look like that can happen.

I'll go with

Mclaughlin
Tav
Goldson
Helander
Bassey
Jack (if fit)
Zungu (if fit)
Aribo (if fit)
Hagi
Itten
Barker

If the midfield isn't fit I can see Arfield and Kamara starting with one of Barjonas or Dickson

I think we'll need to wait and see how everyone who played tonight is and how our injured players are, before even thinking about a team for Sunday mate.

The only thing you can be sure of is Dickson won't be starting.

Aribo has a stomach bug according to the gaffer so hopefully he might be ok for Sun.

The game against Falkirk has come at the right time after tonight’s exertions. We have a big squad with quality players who can come in and do the job at the weekend.
Sqaud management will play a big part in how this season pans out.

McLaughlin, Bassey, Helander, Hagi, Barker, Itten and Defoe all feature for me.

Guess we'll have to see on Jack, Aribo and Zungu. It's a pity Patterson is self isolating.

Started reading the first line as your team, thought Hagi as a centre half was a bit optimistic! ;)

McLaughlin
Tav
Goldson
Helander
Bassey (Borna on bench)

Midfield really depends on who is fit but

Kamara
Jack
Zungu

Itten
Defoe
Barker

Kent, Morelos and Roofe on bench.

I would play Davis. I know it is obvious to rest him but I think he has his worst games after a rest. Imo as players get older they need to play more to keep the level of performance up.

Would be a good chance to get a look at Stewart and Middleton especially. They've not had much game time lately, so it would appear to be getting close to crunch time for them. Would like to see a bit of them to see if they're progressing the same way the rest of the squad are under Gerrard and his team. Or whether they just aren't taking the instructions on board thats required to play in this squad. I guess if we don't see them then I'll have my answer.

Happy for our boss to make the call but we are just not out of sight yet and strongest 11 should be on the pitch to keep the pressure on the scum and then sub the big players when we have 4 on the scoresheet like sunday

Would have been a good game to play Patterson and Edmundson who are out for different reasons.

Bring in McLaughlin, Helander, Bassey, Barjonas, Hagi, Barker, Itten, Defoe. Maybe even give King a game.

Back