Ciaran Dickson - No 55 (staunch)

He looked very good on the ball and wasn't afraid to get stuck in to a challenge. Hopefully get him out on loan in January and getting some first team football. Inverness could be a good loan alongside Kennedy

We seem to have a lot of technically very good players coming through. Stephen Kelly, Kai Kennedy, Dickson, Josh McPake, Nathan Patterson and Leon King (for a CB he has wonderful technique). They seem to have the technical ability that Gerrard is after, that the likes of Docherty and McCrorie didn't have.

He looked really really good to me.

Got stuck in. Wasn’t scared to take a risk and looked really confident when carrying the ball (was driving at pace) and always looked to play forward.

One thing that frustrates me with youth players is when they make their debut and they try and play it safe and avoid making a mistake. Dickson looked quite the opposite tonight.

Would love to see more of him.

Last edited:
He looked very good on the ball and wasn't afraid to get stuck in to a challenge. Hopefully get him out on loan in January and getting some first team football. Inverness could be a good loan alongside Kennedy

We seem to have a lot of technically very good players coming through. Stephen Kelly, Kai Kennedy, Dickson, Josh McPake, Nathan Patterson and Leon King (for a CB he has wonderful technique).
The fact King slotted in at RB shows that, you could tell by his body position & touch he’s a classy lad.

He was really decent.

Has a bit of everything, and the standout for me was his awareness - both defensively and attacking.

Big call here but reminded me of Barry Ferguson...
I was thinking the same don’t want to be drawing conclusions too soon but Looks to have the self belief,intelligence and drive.

The lobbed pass out to Middleton to get us out of a sticky situation was impressive.

He looked really really good to me.

Got stuck in. Wasn’t scared to take a risk and looked really confident when carrying the ball (was driving at pace) and always looked to play forward.

One thing that frustrates me with youth players is when hey make their debut and they try and play it say and avoid making a mistake. Dickson looked quite the opposite tonight.

Would love to see more of him.
Sums it up exactly for me. How good is it to see the young team come on and be supremely positive. Nathan Patterson is the same. Confident, gallus even. Nobody remembers “safe.”

Looks the part and a solid cameo from the young lad.
He possesses great pace and is very agile, Yet another exciting young player to come out of our academy.
Well Done son.

Great performance from him. Take into consideration the other changes as well, he played as if he should play in our midfield. Always moving wanting the ball played a few great balls in as well. He'll be a big big player,

Back