Ciaran Dickson - No 55 (staunch)

I fully respect your views sir
Would being an atheist mean that 52 percent of people don't believe in God so they wouldn't celebrate Christmas as it's all about celebrating the birth of Jesus
Genuine question buddy no hard feeling ment
Let's be honest, the vast majority of people who celebrate Christmas don't celebrate it as a religious holiday any more.

Anyone who gives a %^*& about Dickson’s family’s background is a bellend. If they were that bitter Ciaran would never have signed for Rangers as a kid.
Exactly.

"Everyone Anyone"

I could not give a shiny shite where you come from, what colour of skin you have or what you believe. As long as you give your all whilst being at Rangers, you will get backed from me.

Last edited:
It pleases me greatly that we can now trawl the whole of Scottish football and get the best young talent regardless of their background,His family might be raging poets but the lad is a fantastic prospect and he plays for us,
Slightly off topic has everyone noticed how many of our players bless themselves coming on the park and after scoring,I’ll join in myself if we win 55 it’s a load of superstitious pish.

Do you believe our support is 95% Protestant?
I think our society is mainly atheist these days.
I was brought up as a Protestant but the moment I could think for myself I became a very committed atheist.
I’d honestly guess at least 50% of our support are atheists.
Based on the estimate that 52% of the uk population are atheists.
Yeah, but i am a proddy atheist :)

Exactly mate, a boy at my work's stepson is Rangers daft, as is the boy's dad, and played for Rangers & Celtic at really young level. When he had to pick one or the other as he developed into older boys club groups, he sat down with his dad, stepdad (Celtic fan), etc, and they all agreed Celtic was the best chance of his football career blossoming (this was right around the time of us going to division 3, not sure what was happening at board level etc). He's still there I think, under 15 or 16 level now. Adam is his first name.
I don’t get this but probably because I was never good enough to be a pro footballer. Just can’t imagine being Rangers daft (as is my dad) and agreeing at any point that Celtic was the best place for me to be. Granted, Rangers might have been a shambles at that stage but if Celtic and Rangers both wanted him then so would other clubs. You’d find me at any youth academy in the world before I ended up at that cesspit.

Young Dickson showed great energy and desirebwhen he came on. I was impressed with the way he was pointing for the ball to be played and shouting at the experienced players. It showed his confidence and the fact he was unfazed.

He had a couple of really nice wee passes too that were slightly overhit, but showed good vision.

Hopefully we get to see more of him and King this season.

Let's be honest, the vast majority of people who celebrate Christmas don't celebrate it as a religious holiday any more.
You may well be right life and values seems to be cheap these days
I always take the time out to reflect on life at Christmas
The love n joy of what I've got and the sadness of absent friends and family
Never let our kids / grandkids forget it's all about celebrating the birth of the big man
And yes I firmly believe GOD is a proddy haha

The club's link with the core support can't be thrown out the window cause of a half decent player. If a working class area sold out to developers for a quick buck..people would see how short-sighted it was. If an indie band or a pub sold out it's ethos for a few extra quid asap..people would understand that's a fool's game but when it comes to football they are happy to sell out the culture of the club if it meant three points or goals next week. Football fans are the most short-sighted people on the planet. If Mike Ashley offered us 30 million next week..10 percent of our support would take it.

I've made a few comments and threads about Dickson over the last year as he is the player I have been most excited about from the development team.

Players like Kelly, McPake, Dapo and Kennedy, etc get most of the plaudits but there is something different about Dickson.

I have mentioned before but if you watch the RTV videos about the development team and their teammates Dickson is usually the person most of the same is the fastest, strongest and a few other things. You don't usually get centre mids who are the fastest is the team and you don't usually get the fast players being the strongest. He is quite unique,

Added to that he is really good both in attack and defence. By that I mean he is an excellent ball winner as well as able to hit cracking shot. A combination that is also quite unique these days.

He is also already built for mens football. Of course he his all round game won't be as good as our current midfielders but even compared to them I think he gives us attributes that they don't have.

Threads about him and Kennedy always end up discussing their family or upbringing (let's not act like fans of the other team, eh?) but if they are happy to fight for their place in the team then let's get behind them.

Dickson slotted in perfectly. It just shows that having a similar playing style across all our teams irrespective of ages makes it easier to move a player up a rung.
This is a trait from Liverpool years ago when they were winning everything. Could pull a youngster out of their 3rd team to the first team and they fitted in

I've made a few comments and threads about Dickson over the last year as he is the player I have been most excited about from the development team.

Players like Kelly, McPake, Dapo and Kennedy, etc get most of the plaudits but there is something different about Dickson.

I have mentioned before but if you watch the RTV videos about the development team and their teammates Dickson is usually the person most of the same is the fastest, strongest and a few other things. You don't usually get centre mids who are the fastest is the team and you don't usually get the fast players being the strongest. He is quite unique,

Added to that he is really good both in attack and defence. By that I mean he is an excellent ball winner as well as able to hit cracking shot. A combination that is also quite unique these days.

He is also already built for mens football. Of course he his all round game won't be as good as our current midfielders but even compared to them I think he gives us attributes that they don't have.

Threads about him and Kennedy always end up discussing their family or upbringing (let's not act like fans of the other team, eh?) but if they are happy to fight for their place in the team then let's get behind them.
I mentioned this in one of the Kennedy threads myself. Always felt he’s gone under the radar for some reason.

does it really matter?
If he runs his contract down and buggers off to the filth I'd say aye.
Or if he does a Mickey O'halloran, then aye.

Some folk too quick to grasp at the "right on, this is 2020 man" points and badges to see that sometimes there is a bigger picture that needs looked at.

If he runs his contract down and buggers off to the filth I'd say aye.
Or if he does a Mickey O'halloran, then aye.

Some folk too quick to grasp at the "right on, this is 2020 man" points and badges to see that sometimes there is a bigger picture that needs looked at.

so when is he running off to the filth?
O’Halloran was a different story. He should have never been bought from day 1.

Dickson comes on against Falkirk and gives a decent showing and you have people labelling him one of them. As long as he gives his all for us is all that matters

so when is he running off to the filth?
O’Halloran was a different story. He should have never been bought from day 1.

Dickson comes on against Falkirk and gives a decent showing and you have people labelling him one of them. As long as he gives his all for us is all that matters
Explain why he should never have been bought?
A hindsight hero, with all the answers after the fact.
Gotta love FF.

Superprod...

Bet you've a picture of the queen in your house and refer to it as your majesty.
100 % mate, don’t all good people of decent stock.
I couldn’t careless about someone’s religion as long as that person and his family respect our club and care about Rangers only.
Sadly, people like Michael O’halloran for example let his love for them come before Rangers.

Back