Celtic's last 10 games - one disappointing aspect

ibrox1975

Press making a big thing about their last 10 results
4 games in Europe, 2 in domestic cups and only 4 games in the league.
Those 4 games in the league they have won 1 drawn 2 and lost to us
Pity during that terrible run they are having there wasn’t more damage done in the league.
I’d really like to see them lose a couple of league games to give us some breathing space.

Pity during that terrible run they are having there wasn’t more damage done in the league.
I’d really like to see them lose a couple of league games to give us some breathing space.
That’s the most crucial point in all of this, we are only 5 points clear and going into a tough run of games. Thank god the team will be focused on what needs to be done,mit looks as if the fans by and large aren’t

Reactions: o7o
Totally agree, and I said in another thread, the reason they are going to mental is they know that league is still very much all to play for.

We have to just keep our own focus and keep getting the results we need. All things going well, we should be going into the next OF with a healthy lead.

Like last season, it wasn't the head to head the liked us, it was dropping silly points at home (loss to Hamilton, draw v Aberdeen etc)

Said that as well yesterday, it feels as if they have totally collapsed whereas a worse case scenario if they won the 2 games in hand and beat us at Ibrox they would be 2 points behind.
For all this doom, disaster and losing 4 straight games at parkhead id rather more points dropped in the league .

My thoughts exactly. This is fun, and I also agree it's up to us. But some more damage in the league would've been nice. If we draw once then can go equal by beating us at Ibrox.

Although we’ve been fantastic this season, dropping 2 points in a game we should’ve finished off early against Hibs is frustrating. No need to get carried away, a couple more games like that and we’re slogging it out again. Enjoy it, but the pressure is just going to increase with each passing week and it’s up to the players to deliver.

That’s the most crucial point in all of this, we are only 5 points clear and going into a tough run of games. Thank god the team will be focused on what needs to be done,mit looks as if the fans by and large aren’t

We're 11 points clear. Until they've turned those games in hand into points, they don't have them.

Our points are already banked.

Although we’ve been fantastic this season, dropping 2 points in a game we should’ve finished off early against Hibs is frustrating. No need to get carried away, a couple more games like that and we’re slogging it out again. Enjoy it, but the pressure is just going to increase with each passing week and it’s up to the players to deliver.
Agreed. There is also a slight concern that , if expected , we get to final of the LC we have 2 games postponed. This in addition to making the last 32 of the EL will put a wee bit of pressure on us which I believe can handle .

I agree.

Had they not been so abject in Europe and at least managed to win a home cup tie against Ross County I think they’d be more level headed about their league position, but the accumulation of bad results is only helping to accelerate Lennon’s exit and that’s actually a little disappointing.

Agreed. There is also a slight concern that , if expected , we get to final of the LC we have 2 games postponed. This in addition to making the last 32 of the EL will put a wee bit of pressure on us which I believe can handle .
That’s true, we have no idea how the fixtures will pan out. I do believe we have a big enough and good enough squad to deal with that amount of games, however, we’ve never actually been in this position so it’s important the message of ‘one game at a time’ is drilled into them by the gaffer - which he has said in each post/pre match interview.

That stats guys have St Johnstone as the second best team in the league defensively (second lowest xG conceded per game), and the third best team going forward (xG per game). Remember they only won in Perth in the dying minutes of the game.

That isn't as easy a game as it looks on paper a few short days after taking a spanking in the San Siro.

That’s the only disappointing thing for me this year is how well we have played and how bad they are, that we are only 5 points in front.
I know it’s 11 but if they drop points in the 2 postponed games then it’s a bonus for us.

We are absolutely flying just now, scoring goals, creating chances, dominating procession and giving nothing away at the back.
Wait till our talisman starts adding goals again to his fine performances.

I would have eaten cat food to be where we are....at worst 5 points clear and they are in a no win situation because of that Lennon will go-I don't see them gambling on him turning it around....now of course this might help them but with their squad and majority of players who have been over the course before this is largely unexpected. Yesterday when I saw the half time result I fully expected them to run out comfortable winners.

The league was going to be a marathon whatever happened this surely can't put us in any worse of a situation because their damage hasn't all came in the league.

The talk on here has been overconfident you would have thought with history that is reasonably recent and clear in our minds... we would know the league can still be lost.

I'm surprised no one has commented on what would have happened had this form coincided with the restart of last season, instead of handing them a "title"

They have lost 2 matches domestically, one to Rangers and then the cup game yesterday.
What I hope we are seeing is the movement of power from one club to the other just now.. Rangers have been pushing them for a couple of seasons now but Celtic had the know-how, determination and a bit of luck (like in the cup final a year ago) to edge ahead.

That was a blow, the only game this season we didn't turn up was Livi where the draw was a fair result.

Hibs second goal was a foul and offside, as well as the arfield miss, we didn't deserve to lose that one

That was a blow, the only game this season we didn't turn up was Livi where the draw was a fair result.

Hibs second goal was a foul and offside, as well as the arfield miss, we didn't deserve to lose that one
Aye, I agree. Which is what I alluding to, these games can happen and dropped points will happen along the way, so it’s important we be as ruthless as possible and finish games off at the earliest opportunity.

Look at both teams just now, there is only one winner of this title.

Even if they get their shit together they are not on our level this season.
Looks that way but we had a rotten spell of luck with injuries post new year last season and that could happen again. It seemed to put the whole team off having a few key men like Tavernier and Barisic missing. Keeping those two fit in particular is huge.

Buzz kill loyal out in force this morning I see.

And rightly so. There's nothing worth 'buzzing' about yet. Their European form is pretty much as it was over most of the last 20 years. They are out of the league cup this season but can still win their 4th treble in a row against a Championship team in last season's SCF. They are only 5 points behind us if they win their games in hand and look like they're going to replace a dud manager, and it'd be a hard act to follow being as bad as Lennon, so they will have a better manager with plenty of time to turn their fortunes around. Our form is amazing and we should rightly be happy with that but it'll be difficult to keep up on all fronts all season and we will drop points/concede goals eventually. As for their situation it'd be foolish to write them off at this point in time.

If you believed the media you would think their form has only been poor the last 10 games but in reality the scum have been very poor all season apart from a couple of games. As others have pointed out they have needed late goals and have also scraped by in games.

We just need to keep doing what we have been up until now and we will get our rewards.

They will drop more points before they play us. The goings on at the piggery will have a massive psychological effect on the players and TLB. They don’t want to play for him. TLB knows this. The players must be also wondering how many more times hundreds will appear at the chamber to terrorise them, possibly attack their cars or even them if given the chance. I think they’ve chucked it and many Tim players heads are already out the door looking for a move away.

They've taken 5 points from 12 whilst we've taken 12 from 12 and you're disappointed?

I'm delighted they are imploding but, I really think some of us need to temper expectations a wee bit. For all they have put out embarrassing displays they will still win most of their domestic games. Even their recent game at Motherwell that they were all creaming themselves about, I thought they were pretty poor. Still won the game by 3 though.

Enjoy it lads but, I personally ain't getting carried away just yet.

Can't have it all ways. No one would have predicted the results a few months back.

It's up to us, not them.
Might not have predicted the scale and speed of collapse but they won a lot of games 1-0 last year with late goals and ‘Broonie’ driving them forward. This season they could easy have dropped more points at home. They’ve been running out of puff for a while now.
Need Milan to give them a good thrashing on Thursday.

It’s only natural our fans will be keeping an eye on events across the city as our manager and his staff will too no doubt but the mantra will be to stay focussed and keep putting in the hard work one game at a time and the results will continue to rack up in our favour and pile on the pressure across the city.

The gaffer and his staff‘s ideas are now thoroughly embedded in the minds of the players, we have the strength in depth through the squad now and the momentum...now let’s see this though to the end, it’s in our own hands...we must be absolutely ruthless and relentless, that’s what champions do!

7 points out of 12, collecting only 58% of available points sounds pretty damaging to me.

To put it in perspective if they had of won the OF game they would be a point ahead. Thats how tight the margins are
You can’t just randomly assign the, 3 points and take 3 points off us in a game where they were well and truly pumped and pretend to be the voice of reason. It would provide greater perspective to say they could and should have dropped more points at Hibs, St Johnstone etc.

They have been poor all season. Champions league pumped europa pumped scrapped by livi at home needed last minute goals away to St johnstone and Dundee united

It’s not 5 points though is it? Our points are on the board, there’s ain’t. And by the time their games are caught up there could be a very different picture again.

Although some poor performances their league form hasn’t been bad , in many seasons their current tally would be enough to be top. There’s a long way to go , will feel much more comfortable if they slip up again on Sunday.

On the plus side, it keeps our players on their toes. It keeps us focused on what we have to do & maintain the performance levels.

And it’s so far so good at the moment. You can see the determination in our management and players to keep this run going. The self belief, the confidence, it’s all there when perhaps the last couple of years there was self doubt.

Back