MOTM Poll Rangers v St Liege - 20:00 Thursday - BT Sport

Your Man of the Match

• Total voters
Similar to the Benfica match here, slow moving it out from midfield, no Jack or Aribo. Maybe hoping to catch them on the break, the same as with Benfica, if so its risky

They are hungrier and first to the second ball.

Their passing is very crisp our slow and sloppy.

Their forwards are moving and linking ours isn’t.

Looking forward to seeing how we react to this

Their set up is obviously both nullifying our attacks and also causing us problems defensively targetting the space in/around Tav

We’ve been poor so far.

But there are 70 minutes left. Some people appear to be a bit panicky already.

what will they be like when we go 1-0 down (and we will) in a league game ?

Agree with you but this, so far, is very poor.

Off the pace, slack in possession, wide open.

We really need to get a foothold in this game quickly.

Take Morelos off if he’s going to sulk.

Get your mind on the game or you’ll never advance to the next level.

They also are playing/acting like tims. This has the feel that they have taken our win over there so badly they are absolutely fired up for this.

We’re starting to grow into the game. Need a lot more work rate from roofe who is hiding again and not engaging as he tends to do. Morelos has been really poor.
Davis being ultra defensive is bringing a lot of pressure on us.

it’s early days though. I’d already be thinking about putting roofe through the middle getting aribo on and Morelos off the pitch unless it changes.

Was meaning the commentators but you’re correct.

None of them out there have covered themselves in glory so far.

best to focus on one player though isn’t it. As poor as Morelos has been at least im noticing him, if I hadn’t seen the line ups before KO I think I’d have assumed Roofe was on the bench.

Our defence need to learn they can boot the ball away then reset. Doesn’t always need to be that passing game.

We need to be careful we don't go 2 behind, they will bring on Raskin and he will be very hard to play against in the middle and get through them.

Hes a terrific wee player but also an absolute dirty bassa

Hopefully we don't go two down but several things.

They are a very decent team, I said it pre match.

They are going full pelt to try and kill this game. It won't last all night.

We need a test like this, we cannot be the batter team all game every game.

We’re clearly off it tonight but this is a great test - we’ve not been this poor in any game so far this season. Let’s see if we can rise to the challenge.

Back