Troyes

Against Valenciennes, who are bottom, another club that's been Ligue Un in recent times.

I never take much interest in the second tier of French football, but since it's been mentioned, I see our old opponents Auxerre are currently top and St Etienne are in the promotion play off place.

Lorient are fucked too, they are owned by the boy that owns Bournemouth and just invested in hibs. Seems the big groups are crippling clubs all over the shop as feeder clubs to the EPL yins.

Against Valenciennes, who are bottom, another club that's been Ligue Un in recent times.

I never take much interest in the second tier of French football, but since it's been mentioned, I see our old opponents Auxerre are currently top and St Etienne are in the promotion play off place.
I noticed recently that St Etienne are second only to PSG in French league titles.

Even then, PSG only have 12 titles.

I noticed recently that St Etienne are second only to PSG in French league titles.

Even then, PSG only have 12 titles.
St Etienne were the front runners for decades which I suppose illustrates how weird French football's position is in the big picture. Forever major players at World Cups or European Championships, but virtually nowhere at club level. Rangers have a vastly superior record to most French clubs for example.

Un ouef is un ouef. This needs to stop.
IMG-1446.jpg

Troyes are completely shafted by the City group. Bought their record signing when then immediately gets loaned to Girona and then sold to City. There's a few other teams from the City group who are close to relegation as well

Troyes are completely shafted by the City group. Bought their record signing when then immediately gets loaned to Girona and then sold to City. There's a few other teams from the City group who are close to relegation as well
It's a strange way to operate,buy a bunch of clubs , have some do well and let the rest suffer.

It's a strange way to operate,buy a bunch of clubs , have some do well and let the rest suffer.
It causes them problems with UEFA if the other clubs do well enough to get in Europe. They had to sell their stake in Girona to someone totally not connected to the city group recently due to Girona doing well.

But you would think they would invest enough in Troyes for them not to get relegated 2 seasons in a row.

It causes them problems with UEFA if the other clubs do well enough to get in Europe. They had to sell their stake in Girona to someone totally not connected to the city group recently due to Girona doing well.

But you would think they would invest enough in Troyes for them not to get relegated 2 seasons in a row.
Totally agree , they could have invested enough to stop relegation.

Back