De Zebri leaving Brighton after tomorrows match against Manchester United.

I’m never that convinced by him. But at the end of the day it’s Brighton he’s managing.

Seems to be reported as mutual concent. Strange if he’s attracting interest elsewhere as you would think Brighton would prefer holding out for compensation.

Could be a cracking shout for Napoli. Still don't see him getting an absolute top level job like Bayern just yet.

He had a talk with Brighton a few months back when he was linked to Liverpool about the future plans of the club and at the time wasnt interested in moving but willing to.listen to them about what kind of money he could be talking about to strengthen the squad , it sounds like.it never went well.

Wouldn't be shocked if they're looking replacing him with Clement.

double-take-wide-eyes-shock-eeyp924a6b4k4g00.gif

Ten Haag needs to go. He's an absolute tit of a manager

I feel Slott will be the same at Liverpool. His style of football at Feyenoord was dreadful

Will be interesting to see where he goes next. Quite a few big jobs are/will be available this summer.

Could see him getting the Milan job.

Why would Brighton just agree to terminate his contract? Surely compensation would be coming their way soon?

Behave. He's good, but not that good. Yet.

I think he has a better profile than any of the managers that Bloom has opted to hire to date.

Then again I was the one that got shot down on here for saying that Postecoglu could turn the points gap much like happened in Advocaat's last season at Rangers.

Been sensational. Only disappointment—which shows how far Brighton have come—is that he didn’t win a trophy. Europa league has stretched a smal squad this season and there’s been some bad luck with injuries but last season was extraordinary. My old man started taking me to the Goldstone in the late 70s when we moved to Brighton from Scotland when Mullery’s team was on its way to Div 1 and I’ve not seen anything close to the football RDZ has had Brighton playing at. Big step up even from Potter.

“Yet for the second half of the campaign De Zerbi has behaved as though he has had enough of the ‘Brighton model’ and that he resents the restrictions imposed by it.

Barber does not offer clarity over the De Zerbi’s future. But he does confirm conversations have always been honest and open.

“Privately, Roberto is quiet, calm, reasonable and sensible,” says Barber. “He understands what our limitations are. Behind the scenes, the model is very well known to him.

“He has got two more years to go. My understanding is that he is happy. He likes the club. He likes this group of players a lot. He knows he has a good owner. He knows he has good facilities. He knows it is a club that has a particular model and we won’t break it for anyone. Those are consistent. He also knows he can see me or Tony (owner Tony Bloom) at any time. There are no surprises.”

Interesting read, sounds like this decision didn’t come as a surprise to Bloom and Brighton

Update from my Brighton season ticket-owning mate. Seems RDZ wanted Brighton to kick in in the transfer market and start shelling out £50-60 million on players to try for a go at the champions league spots. They were close last season, after all. But Bloom is sticking to the model that has got Brighton this far so a parting of the ways was mutually agreed.
It’s a nice thought to kick on like that but it’s good that Bloom recognises Brighton aren’t going to have the resources of Spurs or Newcastle or Villa in the immediate future and isn’t willing to risk the club’s future. RDZ would still have buggered off if Bayern, Utd or whoever had come in for him.

Exactly all style over substance, Emri has had a much better season than him tbh
Emre has a much bigger budget. Brighton spent a fair bit last summer but they brought in more. The team that RDZ got into Europe cost less than plenty of teams have spent on individual players.

I’m never that convinced by him. But at the end of the day it’s Brighton he’s managing.

Seems to be reported as mutual concent. Strange if he’s attracting interest elsewhere as you would think Brighton would prefer holding out for compensation.
He's massively overrated. Brighton have been very poor most of the season

Thiago Motta is going to Juve
Wonder if he’ll take Ferguson with him. Obviously not immediately, given the injury.

FWIW, I agree re De Zerbi being overhyped.

He shouldn’t really be in the mix for the top jobs - but it does look like like he might have something lined up.

Will be interesting.

'They've found it tough this season having to cope with playing in Europe as well as the Premier League'

Cut and paste excuse for Brighton, Newcastle and every other team in any season whose goal is to qualify for Europe - then are crap the year after

Another over rated foreign manager not in the same class as Dyche or Moyes. So much crap written about foreign managers and players that are stifling UK talent.
Bring back the 3 foreigners rule !

Back