Six months loans,with the option to buy.

Polar bear

This could be the way to go for us,not having a lot of ready cash it kind of makes
a lot of sense right now.What do you think guys?

Even if you have cash it makes so much sense in a January window.

Selling team are looking to offload the player. The player knows this and also knows if they perform well they'll be signed by us.

We test drive a player and if they're not up to scratch we hand them back, making the investment more assured.

Even if you have cash it makes so much sense in a January window.

Selling team are looking to offload the player. The player knows this and also knows if they perform well they'll be signed by us.

We test drive a player and if they're not up to scratch we hand them back, making the investment more assured.
It does seem to make a lot of sense,and there we were question this strategy a couple of weeks back.

Can’t argue with the try before you buy model, in the position we’re in regarding management then it’s the best way to go. Mark Allen has done well for his first window with us and when you look at the new coaching additions and planned enhancements to auchenhowie then you get an idea of the selling club model he wants to coordinate which is encouraging.

Try before you buy is much better than spunking millions on duds.

With Murty allegedly only being here until the end of the season, it will also give any prospective manager a chance to decide whether he wants them or not.

It depends on the deal.

Goss for example, do we have an agreement to buy? If not all we are doing is aiding another club.

If they all have agreements to sign for a fixed fee, should both us and the player agree, then I have no complaints.

It depends on the deal.

Goss for example, do we have an agreement to buy? If not all we are doing is aiding another club.

If they all have agreements to sign for a fixed fee, should both us and the player agree, then I have no complaints.

I don't agree with this at all. If we have the best possible players on the park, be it our own or on loan from another club, then we stand the best chance of winning. If we win we gain confidence. If we gain confidence we go on a streak. If we go on a streak then we put bums on seats, building a feel good factor and put money in the till. We then finish strongly, going into the summer on a high with fans busting a gut to buy season tickets for next year, thus topping up our transfer kitty.

It all has a knock on effect

Try before you buy ensures that our money is well spent.

Perfectly happy with this arrangement.

I don't agree with this at all. If we have the best possible players on the park, be it our own or on loan from another club, then we stand the best chance of winning. If we win we gain confidence. If we gain confidence we go on a streak. If we go on a streak then we put bums on seats, building a feel good factor and put money in the till. We then finish strongly, going into the summer on a high with fans busting a gut to buy season tickets for next year, thus topping up our transfer kitty.

This and the on loan player goes back and puts the word out how amazing the setup is, word gets around and although don't want to become a loan club but, if big teams sit up and take notice I only see it benefiting us with positivity over riding the negative crap that seems to surround our good name in Scotland

Could also signal a cash boost via shares or investment / new deals will be in place by the summer giving us more free cash to spend then and we are planning accordingly

To me it seems like we're basicly spending the summers budget early. Call it pre-ordering.
Its a bit like that. Only the players have 6 months to settle in so we know it'll be well spent.

What happened last summer was we spent £5m on 3 players and the manager didn't want to play any of them for fear they weren't ready.

It depends on the deal.

I know we all want to promote our own young lads but if they believe Goss to be of a higher standard (than say Barjonas) and more capable of helping us achieve our targets this season then that needs to be taken care of first and foremost, finishing at least 2nd and European football is essential

I think it is a no lose for us in terms of cash flow, and also if Murty doesn't work out, means any new manager coming in can have his say on the squad without having a load of players on 3 year deals.

Great use of resources by the board and MA

Given our current financial position, ie we have no spare cash and have to rely on director loans, then this arrangement makes perfect sense as long as we get the guaranteed option to buy.
Some clubs won’t do this, like QPR with Goss, but most who want the player off the wage bill will.

Not going to say it's nothing to do with the money (we have to live within our means) but the reason we are doing this is because Allen does not want us to sign players until we know for definite who our next manager is going to be. It is a sensible approach as it means if the new manager comes in with his own targets in mind we are not faced with having to offload a number of players that are not in his plans. It's as simple as that.

And before you ask, no, I don't know anything about who it may be or who we are interested in :D

Not going to say it's nothing to do with the money (we have to live within our means) but the reason we are doing this is because Allen does not want us to sign players until we know for definite who our next manager is going to be. It is a sensible approach as it means if the new manager comes in with his own targets in mind we are not faced with having to offload a number of players that are not in his plans. It's as simple as that.

And before you ask, no, I don't know anything about who it may be or who we are interested in :D

That will certainly be a part of it, but I think the larger part is probably far more simple; Our main income comes in 1 hit before every season with season ticket cash. I think we are simply delaying payment for players until the money is in the bank. We have £7 million more promised in loans to see out the season so it is safe to assume that while we are not in any bother, we are not cash rich either. I am pretty certain that these loan to buy signings are being accounted for off the summer's budget for players. Add that to what you are saying, and the fact we get a 'free' 6 month look at the players to make sure they have what we are looking for and it is an excellent way for us to be conducting business this winter.

That will certainly be a part of it, but I think the larger part is probably far more simple; Our main income comes in 1 hit before every season with season ticket cash. I think we are simply delaying payment for players until the money is in the bank. We have £7 million more promised in loans to see out the season so it is safe to assume that while we are not in any bother, we are not cash rich either. I am pretty certain that these loan to buy signings are being accounted for off the summer's budget for players. Add that to what you are saying, and the fact we get a 'free' 6 month look at the players to make sure they have what we are looking for and it is an excellent way for us to be conducting business this winter.

My post wasn't a guess by the way. Allen has set out our signing strategy for this window as a two-fold plan - loan deals with option to buy once the new manager comes in, and target players who have the "heart" to play for Rangers and get what it means to play for us.

As I said, money does come in to it, but it's not a driving factor. If we had a permanent manager in place right now, and these players were the ones we were after they would be permanent deals.

My post wasn't a guess by the way. Allen has set out our signing strategy for this window as a two-fold plan - loan deals with option to buy once the new manager comes in, and target players who have the "heart" to play for Rangers and get what it means to play for us.

As I said, money does come in to it, but it's not a driving factor. If we had a permanent manager in place right now, and these players were the ones we were after they would be permanent deals.

That is interesting. Something is clearly not adding up with our money situation (in a very, very good way)

We need £7 million to see out the season but could, if we wanted, have paid what? £2-3 million this window on players with no European income to off-set any of it? Either we have something lined up or the directors are willing to pump in far more than has been suggested or seen to date. Either way it can only be good for us.

“But, but, but signing loans means yous cannae afford tae buy them”.

It’s a model that has been tried by the biggest teams across Europe for years (Mbappe, Ibrahimovic, Torres, Adabayeur) and we are now finally catching up.

Imagine if we had done this in the summer with all of our signings? We could now decide to buy Morelles and Candies while letting the rest go! Great business by the club and fingers crossed all do well and we buy them in the summer.

This certainly makes sense. Do you happen to know how much input Murty has had with these signings?

Thinking about it, does it also mean we are actively looking for a new manager (do you think) or is it simply contingency planning?

As far as I am aware, we are looking to appoint a permanent manager in the summer and we are looking at preferable candidates, one of whom may be Murty. Who they are, and how far along the search we are, I do not know.

I think Murty will get it if he does well

Exactly. Back in the days we had cash, nobody cared when it was loan with no option to buy, because we had a lot of good players of our own. It’s only an issue because we are rebuilding with a lot less cash.

As far as I am aware, we are looking to appoint a permanent manager in the summer and we are looking at preferable candidates, one of whom may be Murty. Who they are, and how far along the search we are, I do not know.

That could be another benefit of a DoF, especially if he is allowed to get on with his job; You could see the Rangers of old giving him the job until the end of the season and then extending it almost regardless of results as a 'thank you' or out of loyalty. Loyalty is a great thing but it can be a hindrance. We need someone cold, logical and calculating making decisions on matters like this and it is beginning to sound like Allen could be that kind of character.

I may be way off but I have a hunch that Rangers know who the next manager is.

Could it be a certain Walter assisting Allen and Murty with these signings? I suspected it with Murphy, and then to follow with Martin and Cummings seems to much like Walter signings to be coincidence.

I may be way off but I have a hunch that Rangers know who the next manager is.
So do I, Graeme Murty.

If he does well between now and summer and gets us to second place, Scottish cup win and a victory over celtic then all the bears will be crying out for him to take charge.

Could it be a certain Walter assisting Allen and Murty with these signings? I suspected it with Murphy, and then to follow with Martin and Cummings seems to much like Walter signings to be coincidence.

According to various posters on here, and Murty himself, Walter has been giving advice. I have no idea as to what extent.

Back