We are getting to them and they are panicking!

gerryneef

It is now evident (to me at least) that we are clearly getting to them. With our newly enhanced squad and a very productive time in Florida against some quality players, the good ship Rangers is clearly right back on course.
If you want a metaphor for how much the balance has swung, think back to the second half at Parkhead.
All the 'experts' said that Rangers would be on their feet after their 'gutsy' first half performance. Lo and behold and not for the first time, the so-called experts got it spectacularly wrong.
It was Celtic who were on the ropes begging for the bell to sound and stop their pummeling. A few good saves and two incredible misses, prevented us from defeating them in their backyard.
The Murty Mantra is working well and for whatever reason it is, he seems to have a stranglehold over them.
They have bought nobody of substance and if anything seem to be downsizing rather than adding to their already depleted squad. The tims are well aware of what is happening and if we can maintain a steady start to the second half of the fixture list, they will continue to collapse as they did at Parkhead.

Don't think so. Well be better but we thought that in August as well. Having a British backbone will make a difference, but they are still better than us.

It’s truly is in our hands now. Celtc can’t keep up the form of last season forever. Brenda has been running them into the ground and it’s taking its toll.

They ARE beatable, and although they will still win the league, this season could still end on a high note if we steamroll Aberdeen and give the tims a good game if not get a result or 2.

We have no choice but to see if Murty is capable. He needs to sort out our awful home form.

Aye but remember the tims were tired and needed a wee rest in that game, apparently getting pumped in the champions league and hardly touching the ball takes it all out you:rolleyes:

We need to start beating the so called smaller teams and start winning at home!

See how our new signings knit together and hopefully hit the ground running!

We are not at the same level as them yet but we are a lot closer than anyone thought we would be, if we can beat them and have a strong 2nd half then we have every reason to be confident for next season.

We have a bit of feel good factor right now .... we must convert this into a sustained run of wins and performances .. I for one am cautious but optimistic

Now that they have lost a match, they will for sure lose a few more before the end of the season, hopefully a couple to us. :D I think there will be 5-6 points between us and them in May, and it could be touch and go if their bottle doesn't hold out.

We are definitely closing the gap. They have not improved this season despite their long unbeaten run, and you could even argue they are getting worse. Its time to go for them and see how they react to pressure.

This is totally spot on OP. I hope Murty is now capable of getting the best and wins in the run of the mill games where 3 points is a given, with respect to these teams they know they’ve punched above their weight.

I think the anti-rangers mhedia could also work in our favour, as they would absolutely loath to say Rangers are on the right track and are so far up their arse they keep them thinking they’re better than they are! They will be the last to know and the meltdown will be a joy to watch!

They are convinced they won't lose another game this season. A tramp I have the misfortune of having to endure at work has been giving it all day about our signings aren't top drawer unlike what Brendan's marquee signing will be.
I asked who it was expecting a reply like someone from Bayern or Barca.
His answer? Joe Allen, apparently deal was agreed before Hughes got fired and lambert wont be willing to stand in his way.

Queue much laughter by myself and 2 hearts fans who also heard this breaking news story

Us and only us can put the fear factor into the Dhims, we need to start winning in style. by the looks of it by the end of the transfer window, we'll have the equipment to put the fear up them again.

Aye but remember the tims were tired and needed a wee rest in that game, apparently getting pumped in the champions league and hardly touching the ball takes it all out you:rolleyes:

We need to start beating the so called smaller teams and start winning at home!

See how our new signings knit together and hopefully hit the ground running!

Running back to the half way line to restart the game as often as they did is the issue here. Equivalent to a 10k run. Probably.

We need to put wins in the board convincing wins over Aberdeen and hubs will set a marker down

Going into February. If we can win all the games up to the old firm game and hopefully they drop points elsewhere we could be 5 points behind going into the split

They would absolutely crumble in this scenario imo

Their fans would implode the negative energy would affect them

Hopefully this is how it will unfold

It is now evident (to me at least) that we are clearly getting to them. With our newly enhanced squad and a very productive time in Florida against some quality players, the good ship Rangers is clearly right back on course.
If you want a metaphor for how much the balance has swung, think back to the second half at Parkhead.
All the 'experts' said that Rangers would be on their feet after their 'gutsy' first half performance. Lo and behold and not for the first time, the so-called experts got it spectacularly wrong.
It was Celtic who were on the ropes begging for the bell to sound and stop their pummeling. A few good saves and two incredible misses, prevented us from defeating them in their backyard.
The Murty Mantra is working well and for whatever reason it is, he seems to have a stranglehold over them.
They have bought nobody of substance and if anything seem to be downsizing rather than adding to their already depleted squad. The tims are well aware of what is happening and if we can maintain a steady start to the second half of the fixture list, they will continue to collapse as they did at Parkhead.
All of that is correct but like everything with us when we think we are turning a corner there is a way to go.

Let's not get ahead of ourselves here. I still cringe at the multi page thread titled something like "How are the tims taking it all" in respect of our summer signings.

We are a long way off.

Far to inconsistent. The point gap proves that and that is with Celtic not exactly performing well this season. The sad truth.

Much as I would love to believe we are now genuine contenders, I`m not convinced just yet. All I have looked for is continued improvement and I think we should be able to achieve that with the new signings. Not that I think the dhims are `invincible` by any means, but I`m not getting carried away for now. I do agree though, that many of their supporters seem to be in panic mode, presumably because we`re refusing to stand still. Onwards and upwards folks!

A bit to go yet for us but certainly they know the only way we can go is up and the only way they can go is down....

That and seeing us getting reasonably good pedigree players signed early in the window and a good camp in Florida and them signing a 300 grand championship player and slinging Sviatchenko out on loan plus Armstrong injured for the next 5/6 weeks is making them uneasy which would explain the rampant cry babies all over social media.

I think we would need to win pretty much every game, especially the two against them to be a genuine threat, its a big ask for a team who is renowned for inconsistency. 'Giving them a scare' is maybe as good as we could expect but i am feeling a lot better about our chances in the cup and next season.

Lets hold fire folks. Had this very same stuff with Warburton and then with Pedro. The OPs talk of Murty having a "stranglehold" on the scum is just plain stupid.
Small steps and all that.

Crawl before we can walk, walk before we can run. But its getting wee bit exciting now.

They have dropped quite a few points - but we have not managed to capitalise, If we hadn't dropped silly points or not been cheated against (Hibs), we would be right in it.

We have to get a good run going now.

Lets start beating them. Get 2nd place and win the scottish cup.

One step at a time
Aye the next time we play them somebody cement that James Hunt Broon. Had hoped Alves was the man for the job. It's long overdue. (Plastic Hardman) without getting sent off,
of coarse.

If you think they are panicking, then best prepare to be disappointed.

We have still some way to go before we can honestly say we are competing with them.

We are a long way off.

Far to inconsistent. The point gap proves that and that is with Celtic not exactly performing well this season. The sad truth.

We aren't a long way off at all.

If referees hadn't been involved in blatant cheating, the gap would be maybe 6 points closer than it presently is.

A lack of consistency is also much better to have than a lack of quality.

some of them are on kerrydale, maybe not panicking but they know we are on the march, one even said they need 2 marquee signings to ward us off.

They are convinced they won't lose another game this season. A tramp I have the misfortune of having to endure at work has been giving it all day about our signings aren't top drawer unlike what Brendan's marquee signing will be.
I asked who it was expecting a reply like someone from Bayern or Barca.
His answer? Joe Allen, apparently deal was agreed before Hughes got fired and lambert wont be willing to stand in his way.

Queue much laughter by myself and 2 hearts fans who also heard this breaking news story

Joe Allen must be on £80k a week!!! Delusional FC

2nd is the priority and I want the Scottish Cup.

Next season is when I can get my hopes up about the league.

That said, I expect 6 points from the next two derby games. :D

To put some perspective on the situation, we could win every league game until the end of the season and still not win the league.

Yes it is good having some positive player signings and Jimmy Nic. Yes it is nice seeing some good performances while in Florida but it is a friendly after all we need to show it against the rest of the SPL teams

I'm still not convinced. As much as I would love to think this is the case we were still too inconsistent. Lets hope the new players fix that!

Consistency is the key and it has been a problem for a long time now.
Going up to Pittodrie and thumping Aberdeen in April was great but it wasnt a corner being turned.
Beating Aberdeen twice in a week was great but collapsing to St Johnstone and Kilmarnock meant that we lost a chance to apply some pressure to Celtic ahead of the match at the end of December.

We still look capable of losing a goal in any game, we can still see heads go down too easily when’s the match or decisions go against Rangers. There’s a mentality that isn’t strong enough yet and it needs to be worked on as much as any tactical or skill aspect of our game.

Hopefully a few influential players can help turn it around. The way that a teenager like McCrorie has come in and look like he had been playing for Rangers for years should be an example to the rest of the squad.

This place, man. :D

1 win in the last 4 in the league - but a couple of loans from the bottom end of the Championship and a 45 minute performance in a friendly and we’re back to the heights of the Summer where some of the same bi-polar fans were hailing Carlos Pena as the best player in the country.

When will we learn? :D

Although things are looking and feeling positive just now i think a fair few are getting carried away.
Get through to next round of Scottish cup and win next 3 tough league games (Aberdeen, Ross County & Hibs) then it will be a bit more justified.

On their forums they are talking about how they need to buy players to show they are the champions, even some credit from a few of them, they know we are there now, still a way to go but we are on the right path.

It’s great but we need to keep our feet on the ground.

I love the ethos at the moment too.

Murty hit the nail on the head. A successful Rangers is not judged on how good we are at our best, it’s how bad we are at our worst. We can go and beat Hibs and Aberdeen, but we throw it away the next week at Ibrox in an easier fixture. Good Rangers teams need to win at our worst.

Back