Russell Martin signed - Official

He hasn’t been. People in that camp are either

A - drama queens

B - haven’t a clue about football

They don’t see the influence he has talking players through the game, telling them where to be, if you watch him, it’s clear to see. Also defending set pieces he’s massive.
Agree with all you say bud , I do think we defend a bit too deep with him in the team due to his lack of pace, another bug bear I have with him is at our corners, he stands away beyond the back post waiting for the 2nd ball, he should be in the mix as our best Ariel threat. However for people to say he's been rotten is nonsense.

welcome the the worlds most successful club son. Hope your bags big enough for your scottish cups winners medal.

Welcome aboard Russ and this is the biggy and what you and others dream off,wish you all the best and go do us proud.

WATP

I actually think this signing could prove to be a real master stroke in the overall scheme of things
His defensive abilities could be of great value to almost all of our entire back four
Those paying alongside him will know where they stand and I can see him having a real positive effect on the younger lads
Welcome to the Gers Russell - here's wishing you every success

Think he will be solid for us. Cracking pictures also. Wish we done Cummings pictures like that.

Welcome to the Rangers.
Hope you have a good loan spell and impress for a permanent deal.
Be a big influence to the players around you and pass on your experience bringing out the Best in the younger lads.
Good Luck + Best Wishes.

Agree with all you say bud , I do think we defend a bit too deep with him in the team due to his lack of pace, another bug bear I have with him is at our corners, he stands away beyond the back post waiting for the 2nd ball, he should be in the mix as our best Ariel threat. However for people to say he's been rotten is nonsense.
He’s rotten

Have only seen him play for Scotland a few times, and he's always looked poor, but hopefully he can come in and do a job for us.

I doubt there was a time in Alves career when he thought he would be ragdolled by Simon Murray, Connor Sammon or Louis Moult - but that has happened - he hasn't lived up to expectations - I can see him being the one to make way.

He has got old - we can't pick him because he used to be good for Porto

Wilson as a left footer and Martin will do.

They are both left footers?

I'm pleased about this. Could be a cracking defender in this league.

Cautiously optimistic now, cautious as I was optimistic after the last transfer window too, but there's definitely less risk about this type of appointment.good business.

This how the daft Tims responded on Kerrydale Street. Posting a YouTube compilation of Russel Martin of the Blue jays Baseball team. Lol they are soo thick

IMG

I think he’s a bit shaky, I don’t think he’s better than the player he’sseemingly replaceable

However, he’s one of us now, so like usual, he has my full body backing and I hope he makes me eat my words.

I don't for one minute think he will be better than Alves he might turn out to be a better fit tho but I would rather we seen the influence Alves could have with a run of games and playing with a better standard of player about him.

I generally think Alves has been pretty solid in games he's played tbh - granted he's played in some bad defeats when the whole team have been terrible and it's easy to point the finger at him because his reputation.

I can't see Martin coming or us even signing him if he hasn't been giving assurances about his place in the team looks to me like he's going to be number 1 centre half now (could be wrong on that) just feel it's a position where we have plenty options and don't need another loanee

Could this signal the sale of James Tavernier? Constant speculation regarding his long term future and desire from the player to return down south?

I have a sneaking suspicion funds from his sale will be required for the loan deals and potential summer transfers we will be looking to make.

Willing to give the guy 100% support rather than writing him off without even giving him the chance in a Rangers jersey.

Welcome to the worlds most successful football club Russell. Prove all the doubters wrong and wear the shirt with pride.

Welcome to Rangers Russell.

Now get that thing shaved off. Your not Garry fucking Parker.

Wilson and Martin as the centre back pairing should be more than adequate for this league

Danny Wilson as our first choice centre back is a mistake waiting to happen as we have seen time and time again through out his second spell at the club.

A CB who's poor in the air, gets caught out of position far too easily, sloppy, switches off and has cost us a fair number of goals this season. He played well at the piggery and against Aberdeen but was absolutely brutal at Kilmarnock, Dundee, against St. Johnstone, Hamilton, Ross County... in recent games. Far too inconsistent.

Back