Russell Martin signed - Official

Danny Wilson as our first choice centre back is a mistake waiting to happen as we have seen time and time again through out his second spell at the club.

A CB who's poor in the air, gets caught out of position far too easily, sloppy, switches off and has cost us a fair number of goals this season. He played well at the piggery and against Aberdeen but was absolutely brutal at Kilmarnock, Dundee, against St. Johnstone, Hamilton, Ross County... in recent games. Far too inconsistent.
Fair point but don’t see us getting another centre back and Alves can’t seem to string 5 league games together!

Could this signal the sale of James Tavernier? Constant speculation regarding his long term future and desire from the player to return down south?

I have a sneaking suspicion funds from his sale will be required for the loan deals and potential summer transfers we will be looking to make.

You are wrong. We are debt free and in a good financial position. Money is available for Murty to spend.

He seemed genuinely pleased to be signing for us.

I didn't realise that he'd been born down south (Brighton) and that he qualifies to play for Scotland because he has a Scottish father. Wonder if this is another son making an old Bluenose proud.

The amount of injuries we've had this season I don't think we need to get rid of anyone at this stage, apart from Hodson, Dodoo and Forrester

Welcome aboard Russell

Happy that that’s another player onboard and I hope he exceeds expectations and becomes a fantastic player for us.

Welcome to the greatest club in the world, Russell.

If Kelly Brook agreed to shag me and I was interviewed about my reaction to that, I don't think I could look and sound as earnestly happy and excited as Russell Martin does in that interview.

Don't know much about his play, but he seems dead keen and it looks like another great addition to the squad.

I know absolutely hee haw about this guy apart from the fact that he’s won some Scotland caps.

Hopefully a good steady influence in the dressing room.

Welcome!

Decent enough signing. Hopefully exceeds expectations.

Surely means that Cardoso or Alves leave...

This how the daft Tims responded on Kerrydale Street. Posting a YouTube compilation of Russel Martin of the Blue jays Baseball team. Lol they are soo thick

IMG

Do these half wits actually believe Hearts and the Sheep are better than us!? :D Docherty and Jones in and we’ve got a better squad than them

Could this signal the sale of James Tavernier? Constant speculation regarding his long term future and desire from the player to return down south?

I have a sneaking suspicion funds from his sale will be required for the loan deals and potential summer transfers we will be looking to make.

No. He’s not being signed to play RB and he does not have the attributes to replace Tav! We’re building a team to win the league not selling our best players! We could make the same amount selling all the riff raff for a few hundred k each

Remember this is only a loan and there are a vast amount of Norwich fans on Twitter saying he's extremely poor now, one even said he's on the same level as Whittaker so let's just see how this plays out before we decide about getting rid of alves and Cardoso.

Remember this is only a loan and there are a vast amount of Norwich fans on Twitter saying he's extremely poor now, one even said he's on the same level as Whittaker so let's just see how this plays out before we decide about getting rid of alves and Cardoso.
Just let us buzz for a few days mate :D

Well done Rangers, Murty and the DOF for another very good addition to the Gers overall squad. Got a bit of strength and depth to the squad now.
Really looking forward to the second half of the season.
Welcome to The Gers big Russell.

Welcome aboard Russell. I know very little about you but I hope you become an asset and enjoy playing for the biggest club you'll ever play for.

Interesting first post in the bear pit......

Welcome to the Rangers RM.

I now have a Russell Martin playing for my favourite football team and my favourite baseball team (Blue Jays) - as mentioned earlier in the thread the RM that plays for the Jays has shirt Number 55 !!!!!!!

Welcome to The Rangers Russell

Is that 5 signings now?
John (Just before Xmas)
Goss
Murphy
Cummings
Martin

Also Halliday and MOH back as well.

What's current squad looking like?

No messing about, how many more signings and who?
Also would imagine we need to shift a few now.

if it means we never see lee Hodson in a rangers team again I'm more than happy with this signing.
No offense to lee but he's not very good.

Ok, not the same buzz as a Murphy or a Cummings but you know what at your age you seem really happy to be here and will never get another chance like this and I get the feeling you appreciate your chance Russel and could be a real dark horse for us so welcome to the home of the Blues big fella!

Back