MOTM Poll Rangers v Celtic - 12:30 Saturday - Sky Sports

Your Man of the Match

• Total voters
Kent needs to produce today, he has been off the pace in the last few games, hope that this is the game that he finds his form and rips them a new one. But if he is struggling then SG better not wait until the 80th minute to sub him, come on Kent WE know you have it in your locker, just believe in yourself and have the game of your life. Get It Done Rangers!

Think they’re looking to out score us today because they’re so shit at the back. It’ll either work or we’ll pump them. Soro and Turnbull to be overawed by the occasion and be anonymous.

I think having no Arfield or Jack is a much bigger blow than Balogun at centre half instead of Helander.

That’s the most attacking Rangers side I have seen in my lifetime playing Celtic. We’re set up to attack from all over the pitch and having Davis as a holding CM. We’re going to score lots of goals today. Up the Bears.

They have a real chance of basically handing us the centre of the park AND the wide areas with that diamond. Davis and Kamara will shuffle across our back 4 giving us extra manpower even with Borna and Tav advanced. Their lone midfielder covering their defence leaves them a man short on us if Aribo advances.

It is vital we do not try and 'protect' anything against them today. Sitting in and defending will let them play a bit and would invite pressure. Going out with the aim of simply out-scoring them gives us a far better chance of genuinely controlling the game all over the park.

Can’t say I’m overly comfortable with not having Helander in the team but I can understand the reasons for starting Balogun.

Just fucking do it today Rangers.

Fine with our team. I prefer Helander but Balogun was excellent vs Hibs and his pace nullified any threat.

Very surprised they are going with a diamond and 2 up top. Feels like that really plays into our hands
It might play into our hands and give us space up the wings, but gives them the extra man in midfield, so Kent, Morelos and Roofe will need to work hard to support. As is always the case, it’s up to us, not them. I’m nervous about today, but confident we can win.
Griffiths will be a danger with the ball in the Box, although unlikely to last the whole game. Avoid losing an early goal and we’ll be ok I reckon.

Centre back was the only real choice to made. Comfortable with either, both have their merits.
16 clear and nothing to fear.

Helander was the best player on the pitch in our 2-0 win at Parkhead. I genuinely don't understand how hes been bombed out for 1 bad performance against Benfica who are arguably the best team we have played under Gerrard.

At the risk of tempting fate, I can't believe they've went with that team. This isn't Hamilton or Ross county they're playing ffs.

They're getting destroyed down the wings.

Fucking hell that's some reaction. Anything but shitting it, I'm scarily confident we'll destroy these cunts.

I know, imagine how he would feel if he had a defence with a drafted in midfielder, a CB that isn't very good at anything other than passing, a right back who is , eh ... quick? And a LB who loves to use Insta for pictures of her braids in benidorm?

All protecting the Greek tragedy in goals.

I get the nerves but shiťing it is take the pìss.

3-1 Roofe FGS

Wow, I’d be telling Kent and Aribo to be firing shots at the Greek Tragedy all day with Morelos and Roofe to follow everything in.

Nervous for today. Massive step towards 55 of we win the day and I'll maybe start letting myself believe. We know this team can handle pressure but today's a different kind of pressure. Please just do it Rangers
Time the good guys started winning the league again.

Exciting game (to say the least). For me Aribo's performance will be key - if he can stand up to it and hold the ball in tough situations we will win

Normally if I wake up a bag of nerves we struggle but if I am calm we win easily. Today I woke up as calm as I have ever been.

This will be something special for the 66

Kent needs to produce today, he has been off the pace in the last few games, hope that this is the game that he finds his form and rips them a new one. But if he is struggling then SG better not wait until the 80th minute to sub him, come on Kent WE know you have it in your locker, just believe in yourself and have the game of your life. Get It Done Rangers!
I think him being rested will have him fresh and champing at the bit to get tore into these bastards. Kent will tear them apart again. My MOM today.

I really hope we get tore into that defense and take advantage of how shite Barkas is

They look like they are going to play open & go for it. Hopefully that suits us & our style just don’t give them room to play. Also that 4 in midfield for them doesn’t strike me as the strongest just hope I’m right on that.

They obviously believe our defence is vulnerable. It’s a bold selection. I think they’ll likely go a more traditional 4 across the midfield than a diamond.

This is going to a tense 90 minutes.

Griffiths won't be tracking back so our wide players will either have a field day or they will need two of their midfielders to cover their full backs. If that happens it'll leave them 2 v 3 in the middle and we'll control the game that way.

Helander was the best player on the pitch in our 2-0 win at Parkhead. I genuinely don't understand how hes been bombed out for 1 bad performance against Benfica who are arguably the best team we have played under Gerrard.
I'm not sure he's bombed out as such. Gerrard will have his reasons. In particular ensuring whoever is playing is 100% sharp and tactical in that Balogun is better with bringing the ball out and counter the options Sellick have. I think we'll be absolutely fine with him.

They obviously believe our defence is vulnerable. It’s a bold selection. I think they’ll likely go a more traditional 4 across the midfield than a diamond.

This is going to a tense 90 minutes.

Then they'll get over run in the middle.

His positional sense is nowhere near as good as Helander. People talk about his pace and saving tackles he makes with it completely missing the fact he's been caught out of position in the 1st place and then has to make the saving tackle because of that.

I got to agree with you, defensively helander is head and shoulders above Balogun. The amount of times Balogun gets caught underneath the ball and wrong side is scary. Hope he proves me wrong today.

they were always starting with two strikers, with Griffiths involved, there was no chance Lennon played in from the start in the last 4 games trying to get him fit for this.

We absolutely must keep them two quiet and not give away stupid free kicks.

Back