Keith Jackson – Clickbait Rubbish About Null And Void

I agree. But as I said, even last year most of them were taken in by the measly carrot dangled before them.
Regarding the Jackson article, he's only repeating what th SPFL stated before the start of the season. The fact he's bringing it up now confirms that this is the course of action the bheasts intend taking.
Read the sun article, same story different spin. Read the last line of Jackson’s even.

I see he mentions this 75% games completed, is this an actual rule or what ?
The rules on how the season ends will be whatever the SPFL propose and the 41 other clubs vote for. Same as it was last season.

All they have to do is propose that there is no 'champion club' and offer to split the prize money evenly across the leagues meaning all the lower clubs will vote for it and they'll get their majority votes. For Europe they could easily fiddle some other way of divvying up entry to the CL/EL whether using last year's standings, current club coefficient or ranking or something else to keep us out the big money.

Acknowledging this possibility doesn't make you a bed wetter as some here like to paint their fellow bear.

They throw our money all over the place. Boatyards that weren't worth the saving etc.
It's unlikely I agree but in an election year, bailing out Scottish Football would be a very popular move.

You're agreeing with a poster who believes "footballers are being portraited as privileged" and "your average housewife has heard about the bheasts jolly to Dubai and think all football should be stopped."

Yet you're saying it would be popular move to bail out football.

Why not just continue playing and avoid have to spend public money on football?

There is no chance of the season being declared null and void, we may have a few weeks off but this season will be played to a conclusion. Ignore nonsense from irrelevant "newspapers"

A load of nonsense and anyway, we will have completed 75% of games in a months time. 29th match is on the 13th of Feb.
Probably why Celtic are trying to hold off on playing those games in hand.

Ohh Rangers might have played 75% but we are only at 70%, it may be a 24 point gap but if rangers lose every game and a meteor hits the earth and wipes out all ofhumanity, we would have a small chance of winning the league.

The government are not handing out millions of pounds to football clubs if the league can
You're agreeing with a poster who believes "footballers are being portraited as privileged" and "your average housewife has heard about the bheasts jolly to Dubai and think all football should be stopped."

Yet you're saying it would be popular move to bail out football.

Why not just continue playing and avoid have to spend public money on football?
First off, I'm all for getting the message out that football should continue to played. 100 % I'm merely trying to understand the enemy. What would they be trying to do ? Sounds paranoid maybe but we have been truly shafted in the past by this gang of crooks.

There likely is a perception of football out there, stoked by the Beggars, that some footballers or clubs have been out of order.
My comment around bailout, a long shot, but who could rule out anything being dangled in front of clubs should the worst happen. Again, a long shot and totally the wrong thing to do, but I rule nothing out from "the members" , Lawell, or the SNP.
I agree the main aim is to keep playing games, keep winning points, but be aware of the ideas they are trying to float, they are corrupt.

Enough of this nonsense. There will be no 'null and void' option.

Worse case scenario is the leagues closed down for 1/2/3 weeks then resumption.

This year the COVID situation is completely different to last year when no one knew what we were dealing with.

Last paragraph shows why it'll never happen
While any sane mind would and will agree, they did everything to hand the Scum their title and condemn others to relegation last season, no matter the loss of income (which they hid until the vote was cast). I have no doubt whatsoever that if there is a chance, they`d cut their noses off to thwart us, no matter the consequences to other clubs or the league as such. This is Scotland and they have essentially broken and bend any sort of rule that could be broken. That said, should they start even murmurs about it, I take it that Rangers will go the legal way immediately.

Our stance hasn't really changed - last season we wanted it played out and the same for this season. If that can't happen then it should be the same outcome as last season or you are just opening up a whole new can of worms.

I suppose there would be major questions asked if the SPFL took a different stance though and pushed/lobbied/bullied for null and void. Let's remember they had a few shots at getting what they wanted last season and it only just scraped past due to their underhand tactics.

The rules on how the season ends will be whatever the SPFL propose and the 41 other clubs vote for. Same as it was last season.

All they have to do is propose that there is no 'champion club' and offer to split the prize money evenly across the leagues meaning all the lower clubs will vote for it and they'll get their majority votes. For Europe they could easily fiddle some other way of divvying up entry to the CL/EL whether using last year's standings, current club coefficient or ranking or something else to keep us out the big money.

Acknowledging this possibility doesn't make you a bed wetter as some here like to paint their fellow bear.
All I've been trying to highlight, and put more articulately than me. Discussing what a corrupt enemy may be up to, however unlikely, is not bed wetting. It could be a wise move to be prepared, that's all.

The mentally challengeds know there won't be any 'null and void' but they are hoping the season ends early like last season so as to justify their 'award'.

An award which says they didn't actually win 9 - Jog on bitches.

Season ticket holders would need refunded if it’s null and void.

While it won’t matter to the majority, it would have significant ramifications for us and them.

It won’t be happening for other financial and legal reasons - unless circumstances get really desperate.

Trying to make a story to catch the attention, who would think newspapers would do that?

One problem you forgot which was mentioned by Doncaster - commercial contracts

you say divide the prize money equally but if the league isn’t finished then the prize money will be greatly reduced as sky will want money for not getting their full amount of games and let’s be honest the prize money ain’t great anyway even at full amount never mind reduced. Could the govt money compensate for this. Maybe but other than that it’s a non starter

if the worst case scenario did happen then we would really have no choice but to walk away from Scottish football. The game would be a bogey. People say you can’t because you need to give 2 years notice . Fine field the youths for 2 years and spend the 2 years working on a way out

plus that scenario doesn’t really help the poets . The reason they want null and void is so they can pretend to go for ten next year . If the league is completed even without a champion club it’s still completed and they are no longer champions . Ten would die with your scenario. They want proper null and void

Last edited:
The fairest way to work it out would be to take it back to a home & away for each club (22 games ).

Disregard the results should any teams have played each other 3 times.
Bang on. A % means some teams will have played others more. It’s not a fair way to decide at all.

I genuinely thought last season should have been voided, not because the mentally challengeds were leading but because it hadn’t finished. Ffs some bookies didn’t even pay out.

having said that, if the stop the season I want is awarded the league, sure it will be shot and. Bit hollow but they set precedent last season.

I hope we get to finish it though.

Hilarious though that he says

“You’ve got to bear in mind over 75 per cent of games had been played in all four divisions of the SPFL when the season was curtailed."

Now we know why Divs 1 & 2 have been halted.
Which is a lie.

Albion Rovers had played 26 of their 36 games.

One short of 75%.

Don't know where he gets 75% from as it isnt anywhere in the rules as far as Im aware.

If it is the rules then it makes it even more obvious now why Celtic are trying their hardest not to fulfill the backlog of fixtures.

No. It is a statement of fact
He knows what he's doing though by adding this into the mix. It's about as relevant as adding in how many games have currently been played.

Instead of being dragged into this 'debate' we're far better off just making it clear that we would prefer, and expect, to see the entire season out.

Av
Probably why Celtic are trying to hold off on playing those games in hand.

Ohh Rangers might have played 75% but we are only at 70%, it may be a 24 point gap but if Rangers lose every game and a meteor hits the earth and wipes out all ofhumanity, we would have a small chance of winning the league.
There is no precedent for 75% of games to be played.

Don't know where he gets 75% from as it isnt anywhere in the rules as far as Im aware.

If it is the rules then it makes it even more obvious now why Celtic are trying their hardest not to fulfill the backlog of fixtures.
PPg blows that out of the water. They set a precedent last season when we played less games than them. The season will be played to a finish.

It seems to be suggested by some wrong-uns that we sought last season to be null and void.

We did not. We wanted it played to a finish like just about every other country worth noting.

The season should be played to a finish without problem.

And it simply has to – because, if it goes to the club’s voting to decide whether to use PPG again or go with null and void, is anyone really confident that they wouldn’t vote for the latter just to get it up Rangers?

We can only hope that things like Dubai will turn clubs against the Scum.
However my fear is that the anti-Rangers hatred would see them screw us over.

That’s why it’s absolutely essential that the league is played to a finish.

Any decision to null and void the league should see us sever ties with Scottish football for good and instruct our lawyers to take legal action.

The season should be played to a finish without problem.

And it simply has to – because, if it goes to the club’s voting to decide whether to use PPG again or go with null and void, is anyone really confident that they wouldn’t vote for the latter just to get it up Rangers?

We can only hope that things like Dubai will turn clubs against the Scum.
However my fear is that the anti-Rangers hatred would see them screw us over.

That’s why it’s absolutely essential that the league is played to a finish.

Any decision to null and void the league should see us sever ties with Scottish football for good and instruct our lawyers to take legal action.

Last season they never had the option to vote between PPG and null and void.

We were told null and void simply couldn’t be put to clubs as a credible option as it was impossible to do for various reasons.

Doncasters PPG resolution was the only resolution put to clubs. There are pages upon pages of statements from them saying why it is the only viable option in such a scenario.

Even the corrupt bastards at the SPFL surely couldn’t back track so significantly on statements they made just 9 months ago.

Av
There is no precedent for 75% of games to be played.
Correct though the SPFL just make things up as they go along. There is no reason why the league should be halted , but if it does happen, then expect the entire mentally challenged mafia to drop the sack the board, sack the ginger, sack the players routine to concentrate instead on n & v. The pressure would definitely be ramped up to the max. They have absolutely no shame.

Last edited:
Jackson is a joke but I am interested in the wording here “ the majority of games across al four divisions “ . Are they deliberately curtailing the bottom two divisions so that they can say there’s no way they can call those leagues the same as they did last year therefore null and void is now the only option ?

I don’t think it’s being paranoid to keep an eye on these bastards and to expect the worst .

I know rules wise it’s irrelevant but only 3 teams have failed to complete 50% of their games , Clyde , Albion and Cowdenbeath . They are 1 game short .

Last edited:
Is any other country talking about null and void option to ending their league?
Theres no other country talking about ending their league full stop. It's not going to happen.

But this pish started on here - nowhere else - even before the first old firm game. Thread after thread, day after day. Now mutants like Jackson have picked up on it and will play on it. Don't think for a second they dont all look in here.

The Q+A Stephen McGowan has got with Doncaster is laughable. Doncaster trying to compare Livingston request to move Ross County game so pitch is playable to that of the tims moving the Hibs game which Hibs didn't agree to so they could disappear to Dubai is desperate stuff.

It was OK for the tims not to play their games in hand in free midweeks instead of going to Dubai because they're out the Europa league (doesn't start back until middle of February) and the league cup (they were already out by December).

It's clear from reading all 3 pieces that Jackson has gone for the sensational fake news headline. The other 2 make it clear its about the TV contracts and the season will be finished. Just waiting on the interview with Mcglauchlin and that will be all 4 SPFL PR go to stooges with interviews with Doncaster.

Jackson really has turned into a quite horrendous journalist in recent years. He used to write favourable articles about us as it’s well known he was once a bear.

But a combination of his falling out with Dave King and his old boss, Jim Traynor who he hates, coming to us, has really turned him into a total hater.

But when you read the quotes, Doncaster actually says the total opposite of what Jackson claims, he stresses the importance of finishing the season due to TV companies.

We all know the league is skint and really can’t afford not to finish it.

He says over 75% of the games were played last season which does not matter at all. It is not a rule.

He says he rules out nothing and it is up to the clubs to decide. He ruled out null and void last season and didn't give it as an option for voting.

The last time calling the season early came down to a vote which just passed as one club "changed their mind" after the voting was to end. It is nowhere near a guarantee that the vote would pass this time, precedent or not.

I couldn't see them fighting for the season to be called as is when it is us as the top and it passed by the skin of its teeth even after all the threats about finances etc.

Hopefully we should be finishing the league with all games played. There is no reason to shutdown football on a break and with all the vulnerable categories in the country getting the vaccine over the next month or so then any reason for stopping the league gets less and less each day.

Celtic will be trying to make it as hard as possible the only way they can nowadays, off the park. I wouldn't be surprised if they have another incident. They will have their placemen in the media calling for a break over the next few weeks but there is no reason for it at the moment and there will be less reason as the weeks go on.

Jackson really has turned into a quite horrendous journalist in recent years. He used to write favourable articles about us as it’s well known he was once a bear.

But a combination of his falling out with Dave King and his old boss, Jim Traynor who he hates, coming to us, has really turned him into a total hater.

But when you read the quotes, Doncaster actually says the total opposite of what Jackson claims, he stresses the importance of finishing the season due to TV companies.

We all know the league is skint and really can’t afford not to finish it.
He's played the SPFL PR man role since last March when the season was brought to a stand still. Every column he writes about the SPFL puts a positive spin on stuff or like when it came to us pushing for the investigation he was writing pieces to say no wrong doing was happening. He's a ladys front bottom with no professional pride and has 2 sources left in Doncaster and Lawwell and that's him.

Back