Scott wright video

I must admit, I hardly pay attention to other players in other teams apart from when they play us. When I was younger I would know most if not all the other players in the the league.

On the video he looks like he would make an impact.
I honestly couldn’t tell you about any other teams players in this league, I just can stand watching any of them, I hate them all.

Looks decent. A wee bit one footed though? SG will make him a real player if he is willing to commit. Not scared of a shot from range which I think Kent and Hagi who are both two footed should do more of IMO.
Worth a shout I think if the deal is right for us.

Looks decent. A wee bit one footed though? SG will make him a real player if he is willing to commit. Not scared of a shot from range which I think Kent and Hagi who are both two footed should do more of IMO.
Worth a shout I think if the deal is right for us.
I nearly combust on Sunday when Aribo never shot, I’m sure Wright will be more two footed than him anyway :))

I think the biggest positive to him being a success here is from that video he beats most player with quick feet and skill rather than pure pace he's not your typical hit the byline winger. He looks like he'll been brought in to fit our system and can be coached something that wasn't the case for similar signings from Scottish clubs like Jones and Stewart

Last edited:
To be honest apart from the weekend past that is the only time I have watched him and going by that video he seems like he has a natural ability which hopefully can be nurtured by our coaching team.

Looks like he could create chances.

I like what I see, time will tell, but he’ll need to up his game if he wants to play for us and be at our standard.

What the large scouting network and the data analysis we carry out on potential signings he must tick every box, if the manager has given the ok for the move then that's good enough for me.

Seems to be decent player who can play in a few positions.Some of our fringe players he could replace and get more minutes than are Jones,Barker,Hastie(loaned out)Middleton and play as attacking mid also.If we are cutting our losses with some of the others listed we may actually get a player who contributes more and saves us in wages.

Hes always looked good when Ive seen him. Skillful and likes to cut in for a shot. His biggest problem has been in and out with injuries.

Watched a video of scott Wright earlier, I don’t really know much about the guy but, I’ll tell you what he looks good on the video. See below.

What I did notice about him was, he has very quick feet, and quick mind to go along with it.
Actually I see him more a Jones type player. Can always produce some magic out nothing!
And seems to have the temprement to go with it.
Could be a very good addition for the future.

Seems to do a lot of his best work in areas of the pitch we dominate in. The fact he's not afraid to play a clever pass/cross or take a shot on is a massive bonus.

The obligatory 'he knows the league' and he's also coming into a winning team so he should get time to settle.

Hes a good player, definitely a level above Aberdeen.
Fingers crossed he can make the step up to our level on a consistent basis
He is a good player, intelligent and composed when he has the ball, certainly a player worth nabbing from the sheep.

He’s far from the finished article, hopefully with guidance from our coaching staff, he will become a first team regular. Potential, even at his age.

Seems to me like a replacement for Jordan Jones’ squad position when he goes. Maybe the uncertainty of the timing of his singing is due to us wanting JJ out the door before he comes in? Seems to have more of the skills we require to unpick defences than JJ has ever been blessed with. As long as he’s not a colossal fanny he’s better suited for the role than JJ IMO - thoughts?

Looks like he has the potential to be a very good player for us. We will do our part with proper training and coaching and the rest will be up to him with regard to willingness to learn and full commitment.

One thing I've learned recently; Steven Gerrards eye for a player far exceeds FF's eye for a player.

Most of Gerrard's signings have been good, but he has made a couple of not so good ones e.g. Grezda.

But most of the not so good ones seem to be kind of last minute panic buys/loans, most of the ones that a lot of long term research and consideration goes into seem to be great.

Most of Gerrard's signings have been good, but he has made a couple of not so good ones e.g. Grezda.

But most of the not so good ones seem to be kind of last minute panic buys/loans, most of the ones that a lot of long term research and consideration goes into seem to be great.
See you're relatively new to the forum mate. I do agree with you.

However, you might one day come across the infamous Glen Kamara thread

See you're relatively new to the forum mate. I do agree with you.

However, you might one day come across the infamous Glen Kamara thread

Yeah this Scott wright signing seems to be something they have had plenty of time to consider, it is most certainly not a panic singing, if they think it is a good signing and Gerrard and his staff have put a lot of thought into it then it probably is a good signing.

Yeah this Scott wright signing seems to be something they have had plenty of time to consider, it is most certainly not a panic singing, if they think it is a good signing and Gerrard and his staff have put a lot of thought into it then it probably is a good signing.
Absolutely mate.

I must admit, I hardly pay attention to other players in other teams apart from when they play us. When I was younger I would know most if not all the other players in the the league.

On the video he looks like he would make an impact.
Slight sidetrack from the main point of the thread but I'm the same.

I've genuinely reached a point where I can't name a Celtic starting lineup. I watched the last OF game and found myself wondering who Soro was. Genuinely had no idea.

I even look at the Scotland squad and have no idea who some of the players from the SPFL teams are.

Gone are the days where I knew most of the squads and which players we should fear in games against them. I hope Wright would have been one of those players.

Noticed that a few times kept on desperate to get back on to his right foot

Looks decent player
Did you see the pass which looked really awkward with the right foot when it would have been a simple square ball with the left.

No idea if he will prove a good acquisition.
What I do know is we are back to taking who we want when we want .
Sook oan that Dolly .

Back