Maxwell asks championship clubs if they want to stop

A decision was made without consultation with the clubs. We've been told that these clubs were not allowed to question this decision at Wednesday's meeting.

There are repeated calls on the lack of proper and unbiased governance in Scottish football. And yet, we've to dismiss the possibility of further action by them...?

There's a reason Gerrard made his point today. We need to remain vigilant. Hopefully all concerns are unfounded. I think it's harsh, though, to call supporters naive, gullible and be embarrassed by them.

Gerrard's reply was on sky, but it wasnt the normal press conference. I've not seen any other content of it, I wonder if it was for that specific reason.

Every poet and his dog will be looking their season pass money back no way it will be null and void anyway

Ye I just edited the post, SPFL who are part of the SFA JRG have a say. If they say no its no.

Stenhousemuir relate to the SFA JRG as Scottish FA/SPFL in their statement.

There was no way Doncaster was asking that stupid question.

As I say pigs will fly, 100% deflection from Doncaster taking the heat

Missed your edit, it's one of a couple of things, a toe in the water as said elsewhere or a deflection from Doncaster/Beggars.

A decision was made without consultation with the clubs. We've been told that these clubs were not allowed to question this decision at Wednesday's meeting.

There are repeated calls on the lack of proper and unbiased governance in Scottish football. And yet, we've to dismiss the possibility of further action by them...?

There's a reason Gerrard made his point today. We need to remain vigilant. Hopefully all concerns are unfounded. I think it's harsh, though, to call supporters naive, gullible and be embarrassed by them.

Fair enough m8.

I will bet anyone on the forum that the championship throws this ridiculous statement out.

Deflection. And I know so. And it has worked.

Rule nothing out, we need to be on the front foot for a change as we’re dealing with corrupt self serving rats and if they can shaft us again they most certainly will if they think they can get away with it. We’ve not been strong enough with the mob across the city who’ve got every c@nt wrapped around their fingers and in their pockets and the rest are shit scared of them to say it publicly. This may be the time when the gloves finally come off and we rag doll these b@stards once and for all!

For a number of reasons I can't see a shutdown being anything less than the end of professional football in Scotland that's why it probably won't happen.

1. Scotland still have 3 world Cup qualifying games this season. FIFA will not be happy If the SPFL is the only top flight league in Europe that shuts down probably meaning these fixtures won't be fulfilled.

2. The home based Scotland players wouldn't have a game for almost 5 months before the Euros start. Will the SFA sabotage their first major championships for over 20 years?

3. The financial cost would be ridiculous with next to nothing left of Scottish football if they shut down again till August. We'd see massive legal problems and court cases going for months if not years.

For all the above reasons as much as the yahoos who run Scottish football might want to shut down it would be next to impossible unless it was Europe wide.

Granted I’ve missed a lot but people who are dismissing there is a bigger plan because the clubs want to keep playing, ask yourself why this question was even put to clubs?

I think they’ll fail in what they’re trying to do because the clubs are against it but the governing bodies want this stopped. I don’t think I need to explain why.

That’s a tad unfair mate. I couldn’t give a shit what Jackson writes but when the head of the SFA complately by-passes the SPFL Board and writes to 10 of their member clubs, demanding an answer within 72 hours, it catches my interest. It’s a red flag. Never mind that there might be an impact upon our own club that is quite simply not how governance of Scottish football should be working. It’s therefore legitimate to wonder - or even fear - wtf is going on. Doncaster should be calling out Maxwell as being ‘out of order’ as a minimum. He won’t though.

Don't get me wrong, I don’t think for a minute that there is sufficient support for a break, never mind a termination, but it’s clear that there are sinister forces at work here and simply dismissing it isn’t going to change that or make it go away.

I honestly don't remember the SFA saying a word last year. What's changed?

Also, I accept there is valid reason to stop League 1&2 but it is all a gradual plan to stop the top league.

Stop that, then try stop the Championship. With no clear reason. Wonder what the next step would be...

It's just one more part of the narrative that they are trying to make an accepted reality. No one should be surprised and no one should ever underestimate the lows that they are capable of.
It must be headed off, nipped in the bud.
Football, played safely is vital for the morale of people locked down and suffering.

Not for one minute do I trust these feckers and everything they do has a reason - they are as my old gran would say "worth the watchin' son".

This N&V suggestion is, however, not happening.

The SPFL/SFA cannot and will not stop the top league on their own. The consequences not only financially but with UEFA are unthinkable.

The only way it stops is if the Government instructs it to happen. The SG have to date shown no desire or appetite to stop Elite sport. They may, however, instruct a temporary suspension of a couple of weeks but not the complete cessation of all football activity indefinitely.

A temporary suspension would not end the season.

The question of N&V would only arise in the event that the unthinkable did, in fact, happen and it would then be for the clubs to decide. This is only likely to happen some time in the future if the covid situation gets seriously out of control. We are a long way from that scenario and, if it did materialise, then we would probably be beyond their imaginary percentage of completed games and in any subsequent vote most clubs would, as they have previously, vote based on self interest and, more particularly, finance - they are not voting for N&V.

N&V may be a simple diversion from the adverse publicity that a certain club has been receiving, it may be on your average mentally challengeds wish list and it may be getting pushed by their media fanbhoys but it is not happening.

Last edited:
Granted I’ve missed a lot but people who are dismissing there is a bigger plan because the clubs want to keep playing, ask yourself why this question was even put to clubs?

I think they’ll fail in what they’re trying to do because the clubs are against it but the governing bodies want this stopped. I don’t think I need to explain why.

Because this morning a click bait article appeared from the Celtic PR department. Keith Jackson set the ball rolling. It was nothing more than political. As there is no foundation what soever to suggest this had any chance of being supported.

It has relieved the pressure on Doncaster and Lawwell which was reaching a point of no return. This deflection has served its purpose, believe me.

Their hatred will hopefully be their downfall.

Lbh, they despise everything about our club and support and would do everything and anything in their power to stop us.

I quite simply wouldn't put anything by them especially Mulraney, Doncaster, Lawwell, Petrie and a special mention for that fat Rangers hating c.unt Rod McKenzie.
Drain the swamp

Fair enough m8.

I will bet anyone on the forum that the championship throws this ridiculous statement out.

Deflection. And I know so. And it has worked.

Great, I hope so. But I also hope Robertson & co. aren't dismissing it either. This is not about a league title. It's about Champions League finances.

[Didn't you try to bet on something last Spring? I seem to recall a conversation between us. Or maybe it was someone else...]

Great, I hope so. But I also hope Robertson & co. aren't dismissing it either. This is not about a league title. It's about Champions League finances.

[Didn't you try to bet on something last Spring? I seem to recall a conversation between us. Or maybe it was someone else...]

maybe cant remember. I have history.

If Celtic were 8 points behind and there was 3 games left, I 100% believe like others they would try this.

But this is peak time (hopefully) and it is nothing more than deflection. Otherwise they turn off the lights for 90% of the SPFL clubs and the organisation itself.

Never getting voted. Deflection 100%

This is going to backfire on the mentally challenged corrupt scum bastards, I have a feeling now clubs will vote no confidence against them for change.
I think you may see some clubs who were seemingly happy to go with flow and not rock the boat previously, start finding a voice now.
This latest SFA episode, coupled with what came out yesterday's SPFL meeting via the Stenhousmuir statement - where members club microphones were muted and members requests to speak were refused - must have any right minded club chairman seriously questioning who's interests the governing bodies are representing.
I struggle to believe Liewell has that much of a hold over these clubs, at least I hope he hasn't.

We all know the motivation behind this but it remains to be seen if they can pull the wool over the eyes of many of the Chairmen again.

I wouldn’t be surprised if the eventual end result here is Maxwell/ Doncaster stopping it without agreement/ support of the clubs.

There’s no level they won’t go to.

I think the article was update to name them.
A manager doesn’t speak on behalf of a club. It would be up to the chairman to issue a statement.

Maxwell is out of line if he based everything on the comments of one manager.

I think he’s flying a kite. Why go public?

It would probably suit Celtic’s purpose to disrupt the season but it looks like the current COVID wave will peak shortly and then decline.

We all know the motivation behind this but it remains to be seen if they can pull the wool over the eyes of many of the Chairmen again.

I wouldn’t be surprised if the eventual end result here is Maxwell/ Doncaster stopping it without agreement/ support of the clubs.

There’s no level they won’t go to.
Rangers lawyer up,we will bankrupt spl and sfa if need be.seen this coming a 100 mile away.

Look at them all screaming for null and void. Going on about gow many folk have died. Didnt give a %^*& about it when they went to Dubai and slagged us off for calling for it last season.

The spfl are so fucking transparent, desperate for us not to win the league.

Been thinking more of this, if it is their endgame to pause/end the season they have blown it at the first hurdle. They asked the teams in championship and if they say no, it leaves the less wiggle room.

Look at them all screaming for null and void. Going on about gow many folk have died. Didnt give a %^*& about it when they went to Dubai and slagged us off for calling for it last season.

Didn't give a %^*& last year,Lenton basically said we earned the title.

We all know what the ultimate aim here is right? I hope Rangers are proactive and get lawyered up for when they attempt to halt our season. Corrupt sleekit bastards.

Nothing to do with the SFA.

Dry those panties, son.
Maxwell is the Chief Executive of the SFA.

He's asked a question about suspending the Championship. He wants answers on Monday.

He's on the JRG with Doncaster.

I still think the PL will continue - money and Euro's dictate.

But it is bizarre behaviour. People are correct to question it. What the f*ck is it all about ?

Last edited:
I think you may see some clubs who were seemingly happy to go with flow and not rock the boat previously, start finding a voice now.
This latest SFA episode, coupled with what came out yesterday's SPFL meeting via the Stenhousmuir statement - where members club microphones were muted and members requests to speak were refused - must have any right minded club chairman seriously questioning who's interests the governing bodies are representing.
I struggle to believe Liewell has that much of a hold over these clubs, at least I hope he hasn't.
Why would they mute member clubs mics when the executive are there to carry out the wishes of the members. It’s incredible and I wouldn’t be surprised at anything they do.

On a more sinister note,they are using the plight of the poor souls who have died
Why would they mute member clubs mics when the executive are there to carry out the wishes of the members. It’s incredible and I wouldn’t be surprised at anything they do.
If/and we all no they will try and null and void,we will use everything they clowns used last year against them.

Surely St Mirren and Killies' Covid points victory will take the pressure off clubs unable to field a team ?

An important point to bear in mind is that if they could somehow stop play ( via the Government most likely) the next stage is very simple and very outwith our control ( a vote of members of the league, there are no set rules for this remember ). If we don't like how the vote goes then in their eyes it's off you go and play in your own league. These rats are capable of anything this time round.
They actually try and pass it off as democracy ffs.

It's a simple two steps they want to happen and it must be proactively headed off now. Positive PR around playing football safely for the benefit of people at home in lockdown.

It's crazy member clubs (including us) accept this from the SPFL, who are supposed to represent them. I was astounded to read this part of the Stenhousmuir chairman's statement.

"Club representatives had their microphones muted and the only communication accepted was where clubs could email questions to the secretary, who would in turn email them to the Chairman and he would read them out. At no point were clubs allowed to speak. I made a number of requests to speak, and they were all refused."

maybe cant remember. I have history.

If Celtic were 8 points behind and there was 3 games left, I 100% believe like others they would try this.

But this is peak time (hopefully) and it is nothing more than deflection. Otherwise they turn off the lights for 90% of the SPFL clubs and the organisation itself.

Never getting voted. Deflection 100%

Again, I hope you're correct. A little worrying, though, that they can get Maxwell to assist with their deflection.

There's more to come on this over the next few weeks.

Maxwell is the Chief Executive of the SFA.

He's asked a question about suspending the Championship. He wants answers on Monday.

He's on the JWG with Doncaster.

I still think the PL will continue - money and Euro's dictate.

But it is bizarre behaviour. People are correct to question it. What the f*ck is it all about ?

There is no chance that top-flight football in Scotland is being suspended or stopped, especially when mass vaccinations are taking place. Maxwell is only obeying orders to cause chaos and distraction from the Dubai shitstorm. We as a club cannot be distracted from this deliberately planted nonsense.

McGowan saying it’s been thrown out and calling it a ‘strange episode’. Media know what they’re up to.

Back