Maxwell asks championship clubs if they want to stop

An important point to bear in mind is that if they could somehow stop play ( via the Government most likely) the next stage is very simple and very outwith our control ( a vote of members of the league, there are no set rules for this remember ). If we don't like how the vote goes then in their eyes it's off you go and play in your own league. These rats are capable of anything this time round.
They actually try and pass it off as democracy ffs.

It's a simple two steps they want to happen and it must be proactively headed off now. Positive PR around playing football safely for the benefit of people at home in lockdown.
Our club is a business,who operate on a multi million pound level,ending a league as so many pre precautions for our business.epl say they have no intention of even having a break.just shows our game as we now is run by charlatans.

The end is coming for them, this is just another deflection tactic to soften the blow of the fire sale that’s coming...Eddie is first hence the recent agency change, the rest good luck to the club that happens to take a gamble on them.

It's crazy member clubs (including us) accept this from the SPFL, who are supposed to represent them. I was astounded to read this part of the Stenhousmuir chairman's statement.

"Club representatives had their microphones muted and the only communication accepted was where clubs could email questions to the secretary, who would in turn email them to the Chairman and he would read them out. At no point were clubs allowed to speak. I made a number of requests to speak, and they were all refused."
If its run by member clubs,we tell the wigs to shut the %^*& up?correct,most clubs been puss wiped by the mhanks.

I don’t think the league will be cancelled.
But it just shows you, they have had a nightmare on and off the pitch this season.
Yet, they still have friends in the background who will do all their dirty work behind the scenes for them.
I really hope Rangers are watching this closely.

Don't write this off! Hearts and possibly Dunfermline would vote against as it keeps them in the championship for another year. The teams outwith the top 4 might look at self preservation and vote to cancel league as it also keeps them in the championship.
Of course there could also be league reconstruction....... Any bets?

this is to see which way the vote would go then they can bribe or threaten teams to vote the way they want.rangers should be calling them out.this should not be allowed.

Don't write this off! Hearts and possibly Dunfermline would vote against as it keeps them in the championship for another year. The teams outwith the top 4 might look at self preservation and vote to cancel league as it also keeps them in the championship.
Of course there could also be league reconstruction....... Any bets?
Nothing is off the table when the cabal are in office.

We are members of a glorified bowling club, if the members vote a certain way we have nowhere to go.
If this does get worse, the PR case needs made by the many clubs who are happily quietly getting on with things, before the "members" run by those rats try to use Covid for their own ends
Carry on quietly playing matches but be prepared.

Thank god the SPFL executive never got the votes, to allow them to make the decisions on calling the season. They wanted that power, now we see how they would have gone about their business calling a halt to this season. Like last season they didn't give a monkey's how it affected clubs, as long as Celtic get what they want is all that matters. It could be all just deflection away from the scums woes, but you can't trust these rats to do the right thing, ever.

I find myself despairing at Scotland regularly. From top to bottom we are run by amateurs and cabals. This reflects a organisation that has a club with 500 fans can dictate a supposedly elite sport. Meanwhile our tinpot government has dropped to half the vaccinated rate of England because again its run by people with zero business acumen. Frankly if I didn't have family links I'd be gone. And realistically I'm questioning that . What a parochial shithole we live in.

I find myself despairing at Scotland regularly. From top to bottom we are run by amateurs and cabals. This reflects a organisation that has a club with 500 fans can dictate a supposedly elite sport. Meanwhile our tinpot government has dropped to half the vaccinated rate of England because again its run by people with zero business acumen. Frankly if I didn't have family links I'd be gone. And realistically I'm questioning that . What a parochial shithole we live in.
I'm just glad I got out of Scotland when I did.

Apart from Rangers and my family up there, I have absolutely no affinity for Scotland whatsoever.

How did Scotland get into this state?! A bitter backwater like no other. I despair.

Been thinking more of this, if it is their endgame to pause/end the season they have blown it at the first hurdle. They asked the teams in championship and if they say no, it leaves the less wiggle room.

Depends how many green envelopes have passed hands I suppose and what lies have been spun.

The fact that they have rushed this through on a Friday night and want an answer in what amounts to less than one working day does seem a tad suspicious. I mean it's a pretty big call for most clubs.

If the top league voids the season then the financial consequences would be dire. End of existence for multiple clubs most likely, which would almost make it worth it.

Everything in this country is set up for one clubs benefit, they get everything they want. They will be pushing for a null and void despite the fact that covid cases/deaths should start dropping in the next month with the vaccines kicking in and the restrictions in place. I have this terrible fear that it’s going to happen, there is no way Scottish football want us winning this league and everyone sides with the Tim’s anyway. I’m starting to sound like a paranoid Tim but they have hold over other clubs. We as a club just have to keep doing what we are doing.

Disgrace this is even being talked about. If it happens then the game is a bogey up here. Absolutely no way they would even consider this is those paedo harbourors were in front.

Clubs need to fight this because it will kill most small clubs but imho this is what Celtic want so they can argue their case to move to England ( no sniggering at the back).

Look at them all screaming for null and void. Going on about gow many folk have died. Didnt give a %^*& about it when they went to Dubai and slagged us off for calling for it last season.

The spfl are so fucking transparent, desperate for us not to win the league.

Let's be clear, we never ever called for null and void, Rangers fought to have the games played, and will do so again.

Let's be clear, we never ever called for null and void, Rangers fought to have the games played, and will do so again.
We will finish the league one way or another.fact.seen posts last week even condeming us on this site by well known me.bers,could see the end game as any dog on the street,tool up rangers,if sfa and spl die,it dies.

Disgrace this is even being talked about. If it happens then the game is a bogey up here. Absolutely no way they would even consider this is those paedo harbourors were in front.

Clubs need to fight this because it will kill most small clubs but imho this is what Celtic want so they can argue their case to move to England ( no sniggering at the back).
Correct why are we only league talking about this?????,,

"Nothing is off the table" was the reply to a specific question on null and void, it could also be the answer if he was asked "coukd you give Rangers the title if you call the league early" but that wasn't asked (not surprisingly). Its all just loaded questions from the media to get sensational headlines and move the narrative on from Dubai

I'm convinced they will try and null and void the spfl , maybe I'm just paranoid, but I just don't trust any of the f**kers given how the leagues going just now

I'm convinced they will try and null and void the spfl , maybe I'm just paranoid, but I just don't trust any of the f**kers given how the leagues going just now
If they managed to get most Championship teams to vote to suspend the Championship I'm convinced the SPFL would then look to take a vote to cancel the season as a whole. The vote would be taken on basis of one club = one vote. This would put teams like Rangers, Hearts, Aberdeen and Hibs in minority by some way and the season ended "fairly, as per the rules, by member vote".
Places for Europe/promotion/relegation could be allocated on the last "completed" season - last season.

I wouldn't put anything past this lot.

WATP

Many of folk on here were all for Null and Void last season. IIRC there was a poll put up for preference and N&V was miles ahead.

N&V should never be an option, the league should be finished whenever it’s possible.

Many of folk on here were all for Null and Void last season. IIRC there was a poll put up for preference and N&V was miles ahead.

N&V should never be an option, the league should be finished whenever it’s possible.
We wanted N and V cos we were never catching the scum. Simple as that.

If they managed to get most Championship teams to vote to suspend the Championship I'm convinced the SPFL would then look to take a vote to cancel the season as a whole. The vote would be taken on basis of one club = one vote. This would put teams like Rangers, Hearts, Aberdeen and Hibs in minority by some way and the season ended "fairly, as per the rules, by member vote".
Places for Europe/promotion/relegation could be allocated on the last "completed" season - last season.

I wouldn't put anything past this lot.

WATP
That is not allowed to happen though. Nor did it happen next year. Last year the government banned football - allowing the vote to happen - this year it hasn’t been banned - cases are falling and vaccinations increasing.

would a team vote to lose all income? It would also stop Scotland international games. Huge risk to take with the euros coming up and qualifiers to be played in March

Exactly, but that was never the right or sensible option.
Agreed. And to be fair the one Celtic fan I've spoken to doesnt want this season N and V either.

We had more chance of catching them last season than they do us this season for what it's worth as well.

Im embarrassed and worried why it was not laughed off.

I get it if against us only but not 40 other teams outside their club that are in financial dire straits due to the pandemic.
Leagues 1 & 2 are already suspended. Will they start up again?
I'm worried that anyone within our support is so trusting of the footballing governance in this country.
I'll stop short of embarrassment.

Back