MOTM Poll Motherwell v Rangers - Sunday 12:00 - Sky Sports

Your Man of the Match

• Total voters
I'd like us to start the game in a more positive manner. At times we can be a bit sloppy with our passing the first 10 mins or so. It allowed them to start better than us and get a foothold in the game. Not going to be too critical though.

Tough playing on a cowfield. We were too deep and too many didn't contribute enough. I was worried when Hagi went off as the crosses thing very rarely pays off. Got us back in it but the midfield bar Davis was poor. Helander back in too please.

Not playing well at all thought they had turned the corner last weekend but Kent especially very average looking at the moment

A few players seem to be thinking all we have to do is turn up at this point.

Hope Gerrard boots some baws this week. I haven't seen us start a game well in weeks.

Still, not a catastrophe. Ryan Jack coming back will be the boost we need to fully dominate teams again

For me there wasn't a player on the pitch who can sit after that game and think they played well.

Unbelievable how poor we where at the basics. Terrible control from every player. Passing patchy and movement in the attacking 3rd none existent.

Ah well, thought that we would get there, but at the end of the day we are no worse off than we were yesterday.

Let's start another winning run next week :)

Sorry mate I didn't mean to sound like I was defending that because he should have got back onside. My point was another moment of dithering cost a good position which we've seen all day.
Mate apologies I’m doing my nut watching this pish today.Your bang on poor all day mate.I’ve never seen so many players off form all at the same time.Aribo Kent Kamara were honking.Annoyed after watching that as they are absolutely pish.

Yet another slow start, this time we didn't get away with it....hopefully a wake up call that there is still work to do.
Happy that we remain unbeaten though, that's the main thing.

Take that I suppose. Need some players back from injury. Knew once Motherwell went to the bottom of the league and a new manager it would be a hard game. Don’t think we played that bad but the way we’re starting games is a concern, making it hard for ourselves. Kent off the boil today, worked hard but end product is not there at the moment.

Abysmal performance. Too many not at it, and not for the first time recently either.
First touch, incredibly poor, final ball, just laughable, passing behind the man, dawdling at the back again, shooting - hard to tell we didn't do much. What shooting we did do was so bad it was beyond laughable.
Some of these players need to realise to win things you have to play all season, on all sorts of pitches and give 100% every game.
Too many half arsed displays today.

Disappointing.

Lacking creativity cost us there. Whole game was pretty much just ball out to Barisic to cross it in.

Kamara and Davis don't offer enough going forward when we are playing against an 11 man defence. Need someone in the middle that is more attack minded for games like these.

Aribo we know can unlock a defence with a killer pass but had a poor game today.

Who mentioned whipping boys ??. Kamara was poor at the goal theres no denying that. Watch it back. Overall poor performance from the whole team. It happens
I mentioned whipping boys. Check the thread and other match threads of late. It’s always Kamara and Aribo that get it, when they are far from the worst. Got to wonder why that is...

I’ve watched it back multiple times. Everyone in the studio agreed with me too. The fact you’re highlighting Kamara’s role which came way before Tav, Goldson and Balogun should’ve stopped it are frankly ridiculous. Defenders are there to defend mate.

I’d put good money in Gerrard being more annoyed at the the 3 I mention than Kamara.

Disappointing but first dropped points since September. Thankfully Celtic haven't gained on us. Just need to ensure we come put far better next week against Ross County

As poor as we’ve been this season.

It looked to me the players lost their intensity today, possibly due part to the huge gap we now enjoy.

Only positive is no damage done to the gap, and we’ve another round of games ticked off.

Need to improve though in the coming weeks, as I want to win this in style not limp over the line.

If Scott Wright comes in this month, it might be worth giving Kent a rest to see what he can do. Kent has been poor for some time now.

League tables as it was at the start of the weekend and were one game closer.

Disappointing but we move on.

Not a good result at all but not the end of the world either. As long as we kick on next game all will be well.

Pity we lost the winning run.

We only started playing on the 60th minute which is completely unacceptable.

Do that against a better side than Motherwell & we’ll come a cropper.

Itten to start over Hagi until Roofe is back.

Not a great performance by any means - we were always going to drop points at some stage. Still unbeaten and Motherwell defended well although we didn’t ask enough questions of them. Was one of those days. Keep it in perspective, on to the next one. #55

In context, we matched Celtics result so not a huge deal

We’re going to have the odd off day, just need to make sure it’s only a small blip

Said it earlier, aribo was rubbish today. If he wants to become a top player, he has to try a lot harder. Too laboured for me!

Poor showing from too many players this afternoon. Would really like us to drop the habit of being so very slow to get started - we paid for it today. One to forget.

Another game completed though and hopefully some players starting to come back from injury. Freshen things up a bit.

We have struggled since teams sussed out that all our goal kicks go to Goldson then Tav. They have stopped him going forward and we are struggling to find another way.

It has slowed everything we do and we need a solution sharpish.

All in all though, we are no worse off than before the weekend and there is now one less game to play.

I can't find any positives in that.
Shytt shot shy performance.
We have been poor for weeks and cannot seem to find our mojo.
A win today would have piled on the agony for the Filth before Wednesday.
Instead it has given them a bit of a lift.
You win the sum of fckall in January.

we had:

terrible - Kent, Aribo, Kamara
mostly poor - Tavernier, Barisic
decent - Davis, Hagi, , Goldson, Balogun
did well - Morelos

given that - avoiding defeat is a bonus

severe kick up the arse needed for some
I cannot believe that people are criticising Kamara and Aribo for 90 minutes then turning around to say Davis was decent

Dont think we were awful today but were sloppy.

To be fair to Motherwell I have never seen a Motherwell side play the way they did and effectively. Relegation battle could be entertaining this season if Motherwell keep playing that way, Hughes has County getting results like yesterday and Hamilton keep digging out results when needed.

Btw @TinyRick

I do find it embarrassing when a player loses control and dribbles out of the pitch twice in one game, especially when it’s a player of Kent’s ability. He was crap. He beat himself more than he beat any defenders today.
You feel self consciously distressed because a player loses control of a football and dribbles out of the pitch twice?

Really?

Dropped points has been coming. Winning games by the odd goal and McGregor said it a couple of weeks ago, we need to be playing better.

Really should be putting shite like Motherwell to bed early. Can't be turning up at half time 1-0 down expecting to win

Latest posts

Back