Last 5 Games-7 Goals!

v1dGWE.gif

We’ve been slowly getting back into the get it wide and cross it tactic that can be very hit or miss for us. I think we need to focus a bit more playing through the middle with quick one touch passing.

Although we haven’t scored too many, I also don’t remember us missing too many clear cut chances either.

We also have a bit of a habit of overplaying sometimes.

We’ve been slowly getting back into the get it wide and cross it tactic that can be very hit or miss for us. I think we need to focus a bit more playing through the middle with quick one touch passing.

Although we haven’t scored too many, I also don’t remember us missing too many clear cut chances either.

someone in the middle of the park who can shoot from distance would make a big difference to us.

Good luck playing one touch passing through the middle on a surface like today, mate.

Last 5 games are

Drew 1-1
Won 2-1 away to sheep
Won 1-0 against tramps
Won 2-0 away to St Mirren
Won 1-0 home to Hibs.

There is no issue there at all.
If you include Motherwell at home its 3 games we have conceded bad goals and ended up having to chase it twice.
We really can't just think jobs done for us and coast. We are not that good yet.

If you include Motherwell at home its 3 games we have conceded bad goals and ended up having to chase it twice.
We really can't just think jobs done for us and coast. We are not that good yet.

You've just described a normal football game though. Teams concede bad goals all the time.

I’m outraged that we’re not beating teams 4/5-0 every week.

Gerrard should be sacked

Fair comment, the problem is if we believe the hype shite - we gonna go through the season undefeated, we can win 55 at Shrekheid, its won, its over etc etc we can very quickly put ourselves under severe pressure especially when the EL restarts.

Motherwell managed to move the ball well for their goal, no reason we couldn’t have put one or two moves like that together over the course of the 90 minutes.

We had many more moves around the Motherwell penalty box than they had around ours.

It's not as if this was a 50/50 game or anything.

The stats show we had way more possession, shots, plus touches in the opposition box.

We definitely weren't at our best today, but we were the better team by a mile and could've and should've won the game.

I was only making the point that the pitch, particularly in the middle, wasn't ideal for a fast one touch passing game.

Motherwell managed to move the ball well for their goal, no reason we couldn’t have put one or two moves like that together over the course of the 90 minutes.
We did, the problem was Motherwell had 8/9 men in the box. We actually had some very good moves today where tav and barisic had loads of space, their deliveries weren’t as good as the usually are, it happens.

todays surface really wasn’t suited to short 1 touch passing around the box. We adapted and although we weren’t great should have still walked away with the points. 9 times out of 10 Defoe puts that chance away at the end, he scored one very similar at Easter road last season.

Can't believe some of the comments I'm reading , we got a point away from home on a poor surface, we've not gained any ground on the mentally challengeds but we haven't lost any either. It's January , we haven't lost a league game this season and we're sitting top of the table,a healthy 21 points ahead of the scum, I for one would have snapped your hand off if you had offered me that back in August.

We had many more moves around the Motherwell penalty box than they had around ours.

The stats show we had way more possession, shots, plus touches in the opposition box.

We definitely weren't at our best today, but we were the better team by a mile and could've and should've won the game.

I was only making the point that the pitch, particularly in the middle, wasn't ideal for a fast one touch passing game.

I’m not disagreeing with you.

You just seem to be refusing to accept we could’ve put together a few decent passing moves because of the pitch.

Im not asking for silky free flowing football but one or two good, quick, passing moves should’ve been within our capabilities.

We did, the problem was Motherwell had 8/9 men in the box. We actually had some very good moves today where tav and barisic had loads of space, their deliveries weren’t as good as the usually are, it happens.

todays surface really wasn’t suited to short 1 touch passing around the box. We adapted and although we weren’t great should have still walked away with the points. 9 times out of 10 Defoe puts that chance away at the end, he scored one very similar at Easter road last season.

We had 7 in the box when Motherwell scored.

I’m pointing out that we completely went away from working the ball through the centre and relied on the crosses. I agree the crosses were necessary but we should still have tried to play through the centre on a few more occasions.

With all due respect we never really made a lot of clear cut chances and our struggle to break teams down is a bit of a concern now.
Our running off the ball up front and lack of shooting is our weakness.
eg. The header Tav put a across the area at the back post with no striker near it was criminal.

We have a record of having conceded less than 1 goal every 3 games and scoring 2.5 goals a game.
That is why we will win the league.

We didn’t play well today but we still remain unbeaten and in a fantastic position.

We went into the new year game in a worst case scenario of a 4 pt lead ( if they won all their games in hand) and we knew we had a really tough January run of fixtures.
Many of us said if we could get to the end of Jan with that lead in tact we’d be happy.

We now have one of those remaining “tough” aways remaining and the gap is a “worst case” 12 points but in reality the likelihood of them taking 9 from those 3 in hand fixtures has diminished.

We are in an outstanding position.
Only one league winning team that I’m aware of has won all their matches....and that was in the 19th century.

Teams drop the occasional point. People need to calm themselves down to a panic.

With all due respect we never really made a lot of clear cut chances and our struggle to break teams down is a bit of a concern now.
Our running off the ball up front and lack of shooting is our weakness.
eg. The header Tav put a across the area at the back post with no striker near it was criminal.

You're reading way too much into 1 game.

Our goals scored and conceded this season, are nothing short of phenomenal.

You're reading way too much into 1 game.

Our goals scored and conceded this season, are nothing short of phenomenal.
Yes it’s been fantastic,agreed.
However the last few games are ringing little warning signs that teams are starting to shut out our system that was comfortable for so long and little tweaks here and there need to be addressed by SG,although maybe he will start to address them after today.

I wish people would take into account the state of the pitches in Scotland just now, they are all absolutely awful and its about battling through games just now and winning ugly.

More crosses than a Chapel today something like 41 from open play :oops:

We need Roofe for that imo mate

Back