Docherty update on Rocksport .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't know how reliable this is - from @agentscotland on Twitter:

"Rangers have bid £485,000 for Greg Docherty, £125k up front, six installments of £60k to be paid over the next 3 years, Hamilton are/were looking for a bigger fee with a bigger down payment but are open to Rangers payment plans unlike most other Scottish clubs, Cardiff interested"
A VL pretending to be an agent on Twitter. Come on, how would he know that.

tenor.gif

The fakest of fake news , if Academical is a tim then the Queens a catholic

We are a blog to write articles, talk about Rangers & latest rumours

Over the last week people have been all over us on twitter, accusing us of being run by Chris Graham etc
Accusing us of getting info from Rangers etc

Alex & I really couldn’t care less, you all know I’ve posted what I hear for last 10 years on here - some shite some ok, the blog is just a bigger scale

It’s getting great backing, some saying it’s best thing out there & that’s thanks to guys like @derek5287 who help us

People are going to hate, people are going to criticise I genuinely think the positives far outweigh the negatives

We carry on

Thanks to everyone for the support it has been brilliant
The only thing Chris has not been accused of running is The Louden:):):)

We can all see the board are trying their best and this is to be respected.

They have also pulled rabbits out of the hat big time for the other signings.

Makes you wonder if some existing players are sold for their summer moves to allow us to make our manoeuvres justnow.

Yes, of course, but I was thinking beyond his initial disappointment. Hamilton must know how much he wants this, so they are playing a bit fast and loose with the lad's head and it may not end well for them if it falls through.

No deal and a very, very unhappy player.

I’m not sure I can go along with this attitude that Hamilton should cave. They aren’t standing in his way, they have just stated a fee (that seems perfectly reasonable) and are waiting for us to meet it.

If a big English team bid £500k for Alfredo should we let him go if he wanted to go. We would after all be standing in the way of the epl riches. Should we bollocks, we should get his worth and wish him well.

If this move doesn’t go through then it’s Rangers to blame and I’m sure the boy would see it like that too. Pissing about over £100k for a young prospect we clearly want.

I’m not sure I can go along with this attitude that Hamilton should cave. They aren’t standing in his way, they have just stated a fee (that seems perfectly reasonable) and are waiting for us to meet it.

If a big English team bid £500k for Alfredo should we let him go if he wanted to go. We would after all be standing in the way of the epl riches. Should we bollocks, we should get his worth and wish him well.

If this move doesn’t go through then it’s Rangers to blame and I’m sure the boy would see it like that too. Pissing about over £100k for a young prospect we clearly want.

ID10 has said the fee is agreed. It’s the sell on % which was being thrashed out. It’s going to go through.

Agreed this is reality we won’t get things on our terms no one does but that doesn’t mean I think we should hand over £1m. I just think our methods have gone from one extreme to another.

The reason Scottish clubs want more from us compared to English clubs is because we are top dogs in Scotland. Every signing we make in Scotland makes us stronger and teams in the league weaker. If I was in charge I'd up the price against us as well.

I think he’s got the potential to be fantastic

Pace, Power, eye for goal & can shoot - creates chances & wins tackles

I really want this, hopefully Rangers sort it

To be honest I know next to nothing about the boy (dont watch anyone else but us), but trust the general opinion on here that hes a must this window.

The standard sell on clause is 10%. I wonder what % Accies are after? 20% or above seems extreme so you have to imagine it is 15-20%.

Maybe other add ons such as international and trophies?????

I think he’s got the potential to be fantastic

Pace, Power, eye for goal & can shoot - creates chances & wins tackles

I really want this, hopefully Rangers sort it
FFS every time I look on here the lad has developed a new side to his game and expectations have risen exponentially. We need to calm the f***k down and realise we are buying a young lad who has great potential but will take a wee while to get there. Won’t be perfect on day one. We will have have clowns on here knocking him down after his first game.

I really despair reading this forum sometimes. Do some folk seriously feel that negotiation is an embarrassment? Really?

Catch a fucking grip of yourselves. So many on here seem determined to find something to moan about. Can guarantee if we'd offered 700k with a 25% sell in and Hamilton had accepted, the same torn faced bastards would be furiously crywanking over the fact we didn't try and negotiate 600k and 10%.

I'll be delighted if the deal goes through. If it doesn't, I'm not going to lose any sleep over it. Certainly won't be 'embarrassed'.

Know what, if you're embarrassed by our club, there's a shower of permanently offended ambulance chasers who I'm sure you'll fit in nicely with.

Loose ends, then it’s up to Rangers to get it done

Promising noises tonight but its not done yet

Could still go either way

I'd presume that if it was just sell on percentage then it'd be done fairly quickly. The numbers that would be getting debated would be relatively small on something that's just a gamble.

Either it is a pretty minor quibble that timed out or folk are sleeping on and will be sealed easily tomorrow or there's more to it - add on fees for appearances/goals/wins/caps that are more guaranteed or issues over what % is paid up front.

I'd buy a couple of these plus sell on % being a sticking point. But not sell on % alone.

Exact same situation as Hearts & Walker, and they bit off their nose to spite their face, ending up with less cash & killed the player’s dream move without a second thought

Then again, Walker could have waited until the summer and moved for nothing/signing -on fee

You make some fair points mate.

On the other hand I'm afraid I can't agree that everyone on here has the club's best interests at heart.

We've had clowns on here demanding board resignations and that the board are making us a laughing stock because we haven't rolled over to whatever Hamilton are wanting out the transfer.

That's the same board who's brought in John, Goss Murphy, Martin this window and will add Docherty sooner rather than later, plus shoring up the shortfall to keep our club in business.

I'm all for healthy debate about our club, but not with those that don't even have a clue or care what those best interests are mate.
Well said mate.

Don't know how reliable this is - from @agentscotland on Twitter:

"Rangers have bid £485,000 for Greg Docherty, £125k up front, six installments of £60k to be paid over the next 3 years, Hamilton are/were looking for a bigger fee with a bigger down payment but are open to Rangers payment plans unlike most other Scottish clubs, Cardiff interested"

Assuming you copy and pasted the twitter quote......... Bizarrely they use the American spelling of 'instalment' with an extra 'l', so not to be trusted. :D

No it wouldn't Barjonas is gonna make it with us.....Mark my words!
Agreed, but not this season and getting a game at a club like Hamilton would be beneficial to him. Final fee, final sell on clause and Barjonas loan terms likely sorted out tomorrow I’d guess. Hate paying cash to a Scottish club but this one does make a lot of sense.

Agreed, but not this season and getting a game at a club like Hamilton would be beneficial to him. Final fee, final sell on clause and Barjonas loan terms likely sorted out tomorrow I’d guess. Hate paying cash to a Scottish club but this one does make a lot of sense.

Barjonas doesn't need to be loaned out.....he's more than ready to play for us!

Best prospect since B. Ferguson!

Barjonas doesn't need to be loaned out.....he's more than ready to play for us!

Best prospect since B. Ferguson!

Getting a bit ahead of yourself there mate, defo a quality player but needs game time, he isnt going to get it here the now.

Best he goes and develops playing Premiership football every week and maybe will progress into a starter when he returns.

I really want him to do well too because he is a local lad

I've never quite worked out why Chris gets so much abuse, what has he ever done other than speak/act/campaign for the betterment of our club/support?. 4 lads blog is excellent , keep up the good work guys.

Chris Graham was and is a wonderful spokesman for our club and fans. I knew why the filth hated them: he was too smart for them, he was not scared of them and he showed them up for the inadequates they were. Amongst our own support, only the hard of thinking could dislike him. We’re just too big a fan base not to have some idiots unfortunately.

Chris Graham was and is a wonderful spokesman for our club and fans. I knew why the filth hated them: he was too smart for them, he was not scared of them and he showed them up for the inadequates they were. Amongst our own support, only the hard of thinking could dislike him. We’re just too big a fan base not to have some idiots unfortunately.
Agree with every word bud. The dissenting voices seemed at times to be quite prominent on social media, always frustrated me, similar to some anti club 1872 you see from time to time, we are our own worst enemy at times.

Totally agree with you mate.

I really despair reading this forum sometimes. Do some folk seriously feel that negotiation is an embarrassment? Really?

Catch a fucking grip of yourselves. So many on here seem determined to find something to moan about. Can guarantee if we'd offered 700k with a 25% sell in and Hamilton had accepted, the same torn faced bastards would be furiously crywanking over the fact we didn't try and negotiate 600k and 10%.

I'll be delighted if the deal goes through. If it doesn't, I'm not going to lose any sleep over it. Certainly won't be 'embarrassed'.

Know what, if you're embarrassed by our club, there's a shower of permanently offended ambulance chasers who I'm sure you'll fit in nicely with.
Well said sir.

I will reiterate what a few have said on this thread and state that if we do sign this lad the weight of expectation (from some on FF anyway) will be enormous. If i read through the numerous threads that have been up since our interest in Docherty was made public i would think we were signing a hybrid of Gascoigne, Souness and Laudrup.

I will reiterate what a few have said on this thread and state that if we do sign this lad the weight of expectation (from some on FF anyway) will be enormous. If i read through the numerous threads that have been up since our interest in Docherty was made public i would think we were signing a hybrid of Gascoigne, Souness and Laudrup.
You forgot McCoist , the lad scores goals too:D

The board should offer him the opportunity to return, and if the press / media have an issue with it; the club should tell them to fućk off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back