Docherty update on Rocksport .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chris Graham was and is a wonderful spokesman for our club and fans. I knew why the filth hated them: he was too smart for them, he was not scared of them and he showed them up for the inadequates they were. Amongst our own support, only the hard of thinking could dislike him. We’re just too big a fan base not to have some idiots unfortunately.

Don’t know the guy never met him but agree 100% and it was unacceptable and wrong that this board metaphorically threw him under the bus over old tweets that were in my view correct anyway. One of the many and increasing number of issues I have with our owners right now they need to get onside with the fans.

Don’t know the guy never met him but agree 100% and it was unacceptable and wrong that this board metaphorically threw him under the bus over old tweets that were in my view correct anyway. One of the many and increasing number of issues I have with our owners right now they need to get onside with the fans.

I respect Chris Graham also, however was it not his own choice to step down from the board?

I respect Chris Graham also, however was it not his own choice to step down from the board?

That was my understanding as well. From memory Chris decided to step down rather than have Rangers associated with his retweet of the Prophet Mohammed cartoon. Given that C1872 has received a mandate to request a seat on the board, I could think of a lot worse than nominating Chris to represent C1872. Would be a GIRFUY to the Scottish press!

I really despair reading this forum sometimes. Do some folk seriously feel that negotiation is an embarrassment? Really?

Catch a fucking grip of yourselves. So many on here seem determined to find something to moan about. Can guarantee if we'd offered 700k with a 25% sell in and Hamilton had accepted, the same torn faced bastards would be furiously crywanking over the fact we didn't try and negotiate 600k and 10%.

I'll be delighted if the deal goes through. If it doesn't, I'm not going to lose any sleep over it. Certainly won't be 'embarrassed'.

Know what, if you're embarrassed by our club, there's a shower of permanently offended ambulance chasers who I'm sure you'll fit in nicely with.

Same posters every time as well. If something doesn't go to plan, they're all over the thread about it.

Chris Graham was and is a wonderful spokesman for our club and fans. I knew why the filth hated them: he was too smart for them, he was not scared of them and he showed them up for the inadequates they were. Amongst our own support, only the hard of thinking could dislike him. We’re just too big a fan base not to have some idiots unfortunately.
Couldn't have put it better mate.

Hopefully see some movement on this today with Rangers meeting Hamilton's valuation for the player. I agree that the board are entitled to get the best deal for Rangers and two successive failed bids below that valuation has meant the price has stayed at £600k - but getting Docherty at that price is a steal and we should go ahead and meet it now our posturing is done.

If it's an issue with the sell on clause, anything between 10% and 20% doesn't seem totally unreasonable as Hamilton have invested a lot in the player for the last 12 years. Obviously I'd prefer closer to the 10% but I don't think Hamilton are unreasonable to seek slightly higher.

You never quite know where a Greg Docherty thread will end up.

mourinho-hand-gesture.gif

Yes I think today’s the day
Here’s hoping. The latest press reports seem to indicate the initial fee has been agreed and it’s just the finer details such as the sell on clause etc. No idea how accurate that is but if it is then you would think it’s just a matter of time.

Question. If we get him over the line today and he is fit and ready to go. Does he start Aberdeen game?

I doubt it very much mate.

His head will be all over the place, plus Murty will have his team and tactics all worked out by now.

I have a feeling today is the day.
Hopefully iron out the finer details soon, get Docherty over for medical in afternoon and paraded and interviews done on Gers tv for finishing work time (6pm)

Question. If we get him over the line today and he is fit and ready to go. Does he start Aberdeen game?

I think he'd need to be registered before the deadline (which if I'm right is usually either 12pm or 3pm the day before the game) to make the squad. So, to even make the bench, the clock is ticking!

Say he does sign today does anyone know the rules for registering a player in time for a game is there a time limit on these things?

That was my understanding as well. From memory Chris decided to step down rather than have Rangers associated with his retweet of the Prophet Mohammed cartoon. Given that C1872 has received a mandate to request a seat on the board, I could think of a lot worse than nominating Chris to represent C1872. Would be a GIRFUY to the Scottish press!

Agreed about getting Chris back on the board however I think it should be because it benefits us and Chris himself rather than any get it up you to the press.

The haters can fxxk off as far as I am concerned and we shouldn't be basing any decisions we make on how it affects the press or any other scum source out there.

Part of me will be sad to see the end of these Docherty threads when this deal finally gets over the line.

Anyone know what number we're on now? Must be about the 5th one.

I posted last night re McArthur/McCarthy, they went to Wigan and got sold on for a combined profit of £16.2m of which Hamilton got a % of the profit.
I also know 100% they got money for the English cup final win as well as money for 1st competitive cap. Worth significant money to Hamilton. If Docherty comes to us, there will be money for League titles and CL qualification money as well.

I posted last night re McArthur/McCarthy, they went to Wigan and got sold on for a combined profit of £16.2m of which Hamilton got a % of the profit.
I also know 100% they got money for the English cup final win as well as money for 1st competitive cap. Worth significant money to Hamilton. If Docherty comes to us, there will be money for League titles and CL qualification money as well.

I don't doubt it. Remember Everton had a clause Michael Balls contract where after a certain number of games they were due an additional £500k

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back