Betting suspended on Eddie Howe to that lot

What decent manager would take a poisoned chalice like that job ? No chance of winning the league, seeing your rivals win their 55th and likely kick on from there,...

Can see them talking up big, or so called big names as their preferred candidate while likely end up with a Steve Clarke, Alex Neill, Paul Lambert type appointment.

The guy got Bournemouth up because they spent more more than a club of that stature should. He also ended up getting relegated.

Now Howe might turn out to be the best thing since sliced bread...but the evidence doesn’t suggest that to me.

He’s one of those guys you have to rate If you’re the “hipster” type. And we’re seeing that here. But there’s nothing on his CV to suggest concern. Were he a foreigner then his Bournemouth relegation would have already confined him to the scrap heap.

He’s basically an English David Wagner

Eddie Howe dosent strike me as a rabid republican or to have any Irish leanings at all
May be wrong
He dosent suit their agenda at all

Even Pep couldn't stop us getting 55 now.

Couldn't care less who they get, they are stuck with a shite squad that will take a fortune to change, the 5million Goalie for a starter, shame Duffy is a loan :))

If this happens....

I recon it’s a better move for Howe than it is for the mentally challengeds.

Typical of Scottish football overrating English managers/players and English players/managers underestimating everything associated with either of the old firm teams.

What I don’t understand if they really wanted Eddie Howe surely he would be there by now? No club no compo so should be a straight forward negotiation?

If this happens....

I recon it’s a better move for Howe than it is for the mentally challengeds.
I don’t, mild mannered Eddie won’t know what’s hit him.
I await all the tims becoming disciples of John Wooden - not.
He’d be mental to take that job. He’ll have his pick down south (at a certain level)

What I don’t understand if they really wanted Eddie Howe surely he would be there by now? No club no compo so should be a straight forward negotiation?

Maybe he wants to take over after the league is mathematically gone.

Or maybe waiting for Steve Bruce to get bagged

Maybe he wants to take over after the league is mathematically gone.

Or maybe waiting for Steve Bruce to get bagged

perhaps but you would expect he would rather be needed in for 6 months before next season kicks off ... but as you say more likely to stay down south if a decent job appears

I don’t, mild mannered Eddie won’t know what’s hit him.
I await all the tims becoming disciples of John Wooden - not.
He’d be mental to take that job. He’ll have his pick down south (at a certain level)

That’s kinda my point....

I think he’ll underestimate the league/pressure and be a rip roaring catastrophe for the tims. But he’ll be picking up a lofty wage.

Hence, better for him (financially) than it is for the poets (successfully).

perhaps but you would expect he would rather be needed in for 6 months before next season kicks off ... but as you say more likely to stay down south if a decent job appears

You’d think the scum would learn from Leicester ( the way they got chicklet teeth in to appraise things prior to pre season )?

I've backed Henrik Larsson at 25/1.

My logic is that Howe will hold out for Newcastle, Lawwell or Desmond will need something to appease their baying mob.

They couldn't possibly show any displeasure with Larsson coming in. It'll sell season tickets and shirts with his name on.

Also, he's managed to a mediocre level in Sweden.

I've backed Henrik Larsson at 25/1.

My logic is that Howe will hold out for Newcastle, Lawwell or Desmond will need something to appease their baying mob.

They couldn't possibly show any displeasure with Larsson coming in. It'll sell season tickets and shirts with his name on.

Also, he's managed to a mediocre level in Sweden.

not a bad shout is he still assistant manager / coach at Barcelona ?

Asked this on another thread before but why would Eddie Howe see the Celtic job as a good move?

It’s not the same job it was when Rodgers took over or in fact Lennon, he’d be taking a big risk and having to save a sinking ship.

Coming to Celtic and failing would almost make him unemployable to any decent premier league side these days so would be a career risk.

Strikes me more as someone who’d rather wait around for a Newcastle like job or a high end championship side down south, makes it easier career wise.

Why would Howe take that bombscare of a job, knowing they could be playing catch up to us for a while, when he could bide his time and earn a fortune at an EPL club once the sackings start.

Why would anyone for that matter?

I could easily see it.

A Benitez / Tuchel / AVB type manager is utter fantasy and instead - because they are obsessed - I could see them trying to emulate us with a young, English coach.

Howe doesn’t worry me in the slightest though.

He did really well at Bournemouth, but it’s a club with little serious ambition of winning anything and there was very little pressure on him to actually do so.

That won’t be the case at ParkPead.

Cannae see Howe taking it. He would be better waiting for a Southampton or Crystal Palace to come up, with a view to getting the England job at some point.

The names that stick out for me are Lambert and Larsson, I think they might be at least interested. If they were to get Keane or Clarke however, then that might be their best option.

Whoever comes in though is going to have a massive rebuilding job, with probably not a massive amount of cash to throw about. Perhaps even a new CEO and Head Scout to deal with as well.

The other issue is that they will be struggling to sell season tickets unless it is an appointment that captures the imagination. They might contemplate someone who has had a high profile as a recent player, like we did with Gerrard, just to try and get the fans excited, as the likes of Lambert, Ross, Clarke, Strachan, etc are not going to leave them happy.

Hopefully they end up with a ‘dream team‘ of Stubbs and McNamara!

Why would Howe take that bombscare of a job, knowing they could be playing catch up to us for a while, when he could bide his time and earn a fortune at an EPL club once the sackings start.

Why would anyone for that matter?
The same could've been said when Gerrard joined us.

Rangers were far further behind than Celtic are currently.

Asked this on another thread before but why would Eddie Howe see the Celtic job as a good move?

It’s not the same job it was when Rodgers took over or in fact Lennon, he’d be taking a big risk and having to save a sinking ship.

Coming to Celtic and failing would almost make him unemployable to any decent premier league side these days so would be a career risk.

Strikes me more as someone who’d rather wait around for a Newcastle like job or a high end championship side down south, makes it easier career wise.
I dont know him or very much about the guy but you really find it difficult to understand why he would be interested in the yahoo job. Hes been with Bournemouth twice i think and Burnley for a short spell. Its not much different from Warburton taking our job.

And while they are a shambles at the moment theres only 2 teams up here with any chance of winning the title, Howe could be become a hero very quickly if he turns it around.

I dont agree it would cost him a chance to manage another club in the EPL either if he failed in Scotland. Look at the names of some of the managers down there that have been around forever.

Barry Ferguson/Arlene Foster/Ian Paisley jnr and Gerry Adams are all 500/1
on oddschecker i kid you not.
Haha. Scott Brown on there at 66/1 is longer than I'd thought it would be. With the court cases coming up they have a smaller pool of potential candidates than most other clubs. It will be the same as the last recruit, someone who is fully familiar with the Celtic Way.

Mind that time we brought Pedro in early to give him a free hit going into the next season?

Those 2 Old Firm games will have mummy's boy Eddie on a shoogly peg come May
I think that’s why they’re not going down that road. It doesn’t matter who is there at the end of the season, they’ll be chased down the road when the league is over. It’s not the start they’d want for their next long term manager.
Apart from that it makes sense to get it done and allow time to work with players. It’s a difficult one because failure to prepare for euro qualifiers will have a big effect on what they can give a new manager to spend.

Steve Clarke would be my bet.
Will work away in the background and then come in after the Euros. Ticks the Timmy box for now.
They will give Lennon notice and he will 'work' till the end of the season and then sail off up to Aberdeen or the likes to take over up there.

That's my prediction

someone said in post above Duff.that wee irish crank might just fit the bill .what odds is he and why did he leave them recently

Back