Betting suspended on Eddie Howe to that lot

Is this not the same guy who signed Dominic solanke from Liverpool for £20 million for Bournemouth? 1 of the worst strikers I've seen
His transfer record was poor to say the least.

Solanke for 20 million quid, 4 goals in 63 premier league games. Jordan Ibe 15 million quid, 3 goals in 115 premier league games, Arnaut Danjuma 14 million quid for a grand total of 0 goals and 0 assists before being put back into the reserves. The three of these guys are forwards btw. Theres actually an article on how bad he is in the transfer market.

https://www.90min.com/posts/6538251...ings-are-finally-being-exposed-at-bournemouth

I think Desmond / Celtic board are in a shockingly bad position for this one (Delightfully) they need a big name as trying to shift season tickets without a big name is not happening after the 10 died and with Neic still in charge and players who have been a waste of wages / transfer fee's and a wage bill that would choke a dozen donkeys (not to mention the Covid threat of potentially still not getting into a stadium)

Problem with that is they don't have the clout either in reputation or financially now to attract a top tier exciting manager - even Howe who the fans seem delighted with has never "won" anything of note (championship in 14-15) and never been at a team who expects to win every week - where a draw is a disaster.

The days of them shouting for Rafa / Mourinho / Poch are long gone even the list of "candidates" on bookies websites is hardly inspiring or littered with a name you would sit up and take notice of ... and its glorious :)

They could do a lot worse, they could do better.

Eddie Howe is a decent manager. I'd rather it was some dud like Clarke or Ross, but wouldn't lose sleep if Howe got the job.

We've just got to focus on ourselves and continue to upgrade and improve.
I would rather Howe than Clarke, he would never cope with the pressure and expectations, Clarke knows the league and the club, and whilst his style of play is horrible to watch, he would do a job.

Can't see him having the minerals to take the celtic job, easier money at Cardiff or the like to be had

I think Desmond / Celtic board are in a shockingly bad position for this one (Delightfully) they need a big name as trying to shift season tickets without a big name is not happening after the 10 died and with Neic still in charge and players who have been a waste of wages / transfer fee's and a wage bill that would choke a dozen donkeys (not to mention the Covid threat of potentially still not getting into a stadium)

Problem with that is they don't have the clout either in reputation or financially now to attract a top tier exciting manager - even Howe who the fans seem delighted with has never "won" anything of note (championship in 14-15) and never been at a team who expects to win every week - where a draw is a disaster.

The days of them shouting for Rafa / Mourinho / Poch are long gone even the list of "candidates" on bookies websites is hardly inspiring or littered with a name you would sit up and take notice of ... and its glorious :)

The Celtic hierarchy must still be spitting feathers that we have Steven Gerrard.

You are right that they will only attract 'half decent/decent' players if they have a big name in charge and that boat has long sailed. With all the negative press that club attracts you would need to be desperate to want to fill Lennons shoes at the moment.

They are entering their downsizing period.

They'll get a shite manager and won't spend any money for years.

Eddie Howe will be their Le Guen.

History repeats, roll on their Caixinha or maybe Kennedy can be their Murty

Eddie Howe is only being linked because he's the the most high profile EPL manager currently out of a job. He just isn't the type of appointment they tend to make. Rodgers aside they always love going for the cheap option or trying to unearth some hidden gem manager.

I don't believe there's any genuine substance to this rumour. He's being linked with pretty much any job going right now, and will continue to be so until he's back in work.

Bookies are making a fortune from these markets as usual.

It'll be a "safe pair of hands" (Steve Clarke, Mark Hughes) or some cheap "upcoming" option (Jack Ross or another left field Delia type appointment).

Last edited:
Eddie Howe is only being linked because he's the the most high profile EPL manager currently out of a job. He just isn't the type of appointment they tend to make. Rodgers aside they always love going for the cheap option or trying to unearth some hidden gem manager.

I don't believe there's any genuine substance to this rumour. He's being linked with pretty much any job going right now, and will continue to be so until he's back in work.

It'll be a "safe pair of hands" (Steve Clarke, Mark Hughes) or some cheap "upcoming" option (Jack Ross or another left field Delia type appointment).
I think they’ll give it to Keane and it will be spinned as Desmond stepped in and appointed him the same as Brenda and Martin.

This is classic Timmy btw, this is what I want to happen therefor it will happen, so I’ll put money on it :D :D :D

I agree. Clarke or Ross. Apart from signing Brendan they are normally predictable on what they do.

Think in the next couple of weeks they will be several " favourites" who won't be want to work at the temple of Doom. The media will just keep punting names.

Think in the next couple of weeks they will be several " favourites" who won't be want to work at the temple of Doom. The media will just keep punting names.
The thing is, what decent manager would even talk to them whilst they still have a manager in place? And as regards Howe, he’s 7 months out of work, in which time the likes of West Ham, Newcastle and West Brom have ignored him and gone for the old guard :D

Last edited:
A top class manager will have a top class agent, who will perform due diligence re child rape. It will be Clarke or Ross. Good news for us.

Back